Chapter 3

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my! Why did you do that?" Dara exclaimed though not heard by anyone but herself.

Jiyong punched the ground while still seated. It was so hard it caused his fist to bleed... then he punched the ground again.

"That's enough Jiyong, please." Dara said with pleading voice. She knelt in front of Jiyong thinking of how she can stop Jiyong from causing pain to himself.

From the sky, she called two lovely looking birds and let them perch on Jiyong's shoulder. Jiyong noticed the birds and stopped what he was doing.

"Tell him not to hurt himself." Dara told the birds.

While Jiyong was looking at the birds, the birds shook their heads.

Jiyong tapped the birds' heads and was amazed that they didn't fly away.

Jiyong chuckled and said, "You guys are the first who stayed." A tear fell from his eye. "Can I keep you? I won't lock you up, I promise. If you want to leave, you're free to do that."

The birds looked at Dara's direction, questioning on whether they can stay with him.

Dara nodded at the birds. "He's a good guy. He'll take care of both of you." She smiled.

Jiyong stood up seeing all the eyes that's staring at him. He scratched his head and whispered to himself. "Talking to myself then now to these birds. Why not just kill yourself Jiyong?"

The two birds chirped upon hearing what Jiyong has said.

"Is that to agree or to oppose to what I've said?" He chuckled.

The birds shook their heads and Jiyong's eyes widened seeing that the birds were answering his question.

He opened his palm to let the birds perch on it for him to better see them.

"I'm not going crazy, right? You understand what I'm saying?"

The birds nodded.

"Daebak!... Will you keep me company?"

The birds nodded again and chirped.

Jiyong touched the birds with his cheeks. He's too happy to find new companions.

Dara was touched with the scene before her. Jiyong's happy again. Before she knew it, her tears fell from her eyes causing the weather to change from sunny to gloomy.

"I think it's gonna rain. Let's keep going before we get wet." Jiyong said while raindrops started to fall. "Oh, oh!" Jiyong run to the nearest store to find shelter.

He placed the birds in his head to wear his jacket on and placed them back to his palm afterwards.

"I think we won't be able to ride the motorcycle to go home. You'll both be wet if we do that. Let's see if the rain will stop soon... If not, then let's just take a cab." Jiyong said while looking at the birds.

Jiyong has a confused look after seeing that the birds were looking at his side although nobody's there. It's as if the birds were conversing to someone else.

"I really can't stop the tears." Dara said, tears still falling. "I'm really happy to see him like that." She sobbed.

The birds chirped.

"I already tried deep breathing but it's still not working for me." She answered the birds.

She closed her eyes and breathe deeply, then exhaled, hoping it would work this time. She did it several times until her little sobs turned to normal breathing.

The birds chirped and jumped on Jiyong's palm seeing that the sun is now peeping from the clouds.

Dara wiped the last drop of tear on her cheek and it made the weather nice and sunny again.

"The rain stopped now. Let's go to my motorcycle so I can bring both of you home with me." Jiyong said, looking excited.

Dara smiled at how happy Jiyong was.

**********

Feeling at ease that Jiyong's gonna be okay, She went strolling on the city to explore other things. She went checking on the shops that most people visit and the food that many shoppers take. When she got tired, she rested on a huge tree branch and watched as many of the humans walk the streets. Some were in a hurry while others were just hanging around.

Her browsing of the city was interrupted when tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter