Chapter 17

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We'll just be here following you. If you need help, let us know. Talk to us through our way of communication." Chaerin touched her temple. "Understand?"

Dara nodded.

"Good luck Dara." Bom said.

"You can do it." Minzy cheered.

"Thanks." Dara took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and exhaled slowly. "Go, go, go." She said then left the girls.

Dara walked towards where her target was and stayed on the table next to him. Her plan was to get the guy's attention by showing a little flirting (which she's not sure how to project). She wore simple make up (although she doesn't want to), high heels (that's killing her), and a flowy sleeveless dress that still covers her wings.

'How should I do this? Waaaahhh!!!' Dara screamed in her head.

She crossed her legs and acted comfortable while seated. When the waiter got to her table, she ordered a glass of iced tea. She took a little notepad from her pouch and pretended she's looking for her pen. When she didn't find hers, she looked at the guy's direction.

"Uhm, excuse me Sir." She said to catch the guy's attention.

"Yes?" The guy placed the newspaper he was reading down.

"Do you happen to have a pen with you?... I'm sorry, I forgot mine." Dara said, tucking her hair at the back of her ear.

"Here." The guy smiled.

"Thanks. I'll give it back immediately."

"Sure." The guy answered then went back to reading the newspaper again.

'Argh!! My charm didn't work.' Dara thought to herself.

She scribbled on her notepad, pretending she's busy. She glanced at the guys direction from time to time.

"Chae, what should I do?" Dara talked to Chaerin mentally.

"Talk to him... start a conversation." Chaerin answered.

'What should I tell him?... What's the latest in the news?... Is there anything interesting about the news today?' Her thoughts were jumbled in her head.

Dara was busy getting her thoughts together when she saw the guy stood up and left the room.

She was glued to her position. Didn't know what she needed to do.

The guy was a little too far from the cafe when Dara took a quick decision to chase him. She ran the fastest she can, but since she was in heels, she struggled.

"Excuse me Sir, your pen." Dara said that caused the guy to look back.

Dara slowed her pace but she didn't notice the little bump on the ground, it caused her heels to be caught in it making her lose her balance. She closed her eyes, anticipating her fall on the ground but it didn't happen. The guy helped him stand up and regain her balance. She stood up straight, placing her weight on her feet, when she felt pain on her left foot.

She winced although she wanted to hide the pain and the guy noticed what she was feeling.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." Dara lied and forced herself to stand normally but the pain was a little unbearable.

"I don't think you're okay... Let me bring you to the hospital."

'No! Not in the hospital.' She reacted silently.

"I'm okay. There's no need for me to be in the hospital." Dara declined.

"Let me see your foot." The guy knelt down and took her stiletto off. "It's swelling. You won't be able to walk with this shoes."

"I can manage." Dara smiled sweetly.

"Do you think my conscience will let me sleep if I leave you here like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter