Chapter 52

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's World

"Hi Mom." Jiyong greeted his mother who was in the living room.

His mother stood up to welcome him with a hug.

"How are you doing, son?" She caressed her son's cheek.

"I wanna stay here for a few days if it's okay with you... I can't stay at home... Every part of the house just reminds me of her." He looked down.

"You're always welcome to stay here, son."

He stayed silent.

"You can talk about it with me and your father when you're ready." She touched his shoulder.

"I missed her mom... I can't tell you the reason why she left... all I can say is that she never wanted to."

"All I wish for both of you is to be happy. Whatever it is that both of you are going through, I pray that you surpass it... I have faith that you'll be together again."

"Thanks mom."

"If you need anything... or even just want to talk to someone... remember that we're just here for you, okay?"

Jiyong gave a little smile and nodded.

"You rest now... Do you want us to bring your dinner in your room?"

"Thanks Mom, but I'm not hungry."

"Ok... But if you feel like eating, don't hesitate to grab something from the kitchen, alright?"

He nodded as a reply.

***********

Jiyong leaned on the wall, took his phone from his pocket and stared at his wallpaper.

It's a picture of Dara and him in Busan during the sunrise near Jukseong Church.

He remembered Dara forcing him to use it as his wallpaper to which he strongly disagreed. She used her cheesy moves and showered him with kisses just to make him agree.

"I hope you're okay, Dara... You've been hurt by those bullets... You're no longer in danger, right?" He asked, talking to Dara's image on his phone.

"Can you hear me?" He touched his chest. "You can feel me longing for you, right?"

He sighed and laid down on his bed.

"It's just been two weeks but it already felt like years... What can I do to see you again?" He placed his forearm on his forehead.

He stared at the ceiling for so long he didn't notice his eyes drooping. He fell asleep with his phone on his chest.

***********

Dara's World

"She still has not woken up yet... What's happening to her Healer Hae-Sook?"

"Your highness, I already have tried my best to cure her... The wounds are healing but it's up to your daughter's will to bring herself back."

"What can we do to help her, Healer?" She held her husband's s hand for support.

"You just need to be by her side to remind her that there's still a reason to come back. Talk to her like she's going to answer you."

"Hye-young... She's gonna be okay... Our daughter's strong." Sean tried to give his wife strength.

"Look at her Sean... She's been lying there for so long now... She haven't moved a finger ever since Donghae and her friends brought her back."

"Your highness..." The old lady interrupted.

"Yes, Healer?" Sean answered.

"I'm not sure if I should tell you this... But it seems that your daughter's looking for something missing that's why she's not going back yet."

"Something missing?" Hye-young asked.

"Yes... I think she has given a part of her to someone, causing her to search for it."

"How did you say so?"

The lady walked towards Dara's bed and run her hand on top of the latter's body, keeping distance from her skin, trying to feel her energy.

"Something's missing in here." She stopped on her chest where Dara's heart lies.

"I don't understand."

"The energy that circles her body gets interrupted in here... That means a part of it is missing."

"Has your daughter fallen in love while she was in the human world?" Sean whispered to his wife.

"We need to talk to her friends."

*****

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter