You never know

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

His grip around my hand tightened as he spoke, “Jung ah... Kaja…” and with that, he pulled me away from the table.

There were so many things that I could have done…

I could have said no…I could have said that I wanted to go home with Yoonah…I could even say that I didn’t feel like going home…

But, I did none of those…

All I did was followed behind him as he pulled me out of the campus…

Leaving me with no strength at all to fight back…

That is how he can affect me…

 

Chapter 2 - You never know

 

(Krystal POV)

 

He held out his hands to me, “Kaja, let’s go!”

I hesitated whether or not to hold onto his hands.

He bent down to face me, knowing that I was still feeling down, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up on my feet.

Out of his usual habit, he interlaced his fingers with mine.

And this time, my heart skipped a bit at his contact.

He felt that I have stiffened and thought that it was because of the cold.

Caringly, he took off his glove from the hand which was originally holding onto mine.

Without any words, he reached out for my other hand and slipped his warm gloves into my hand.

Satisfied, he smiled at me before interlacing both our hands that were without gloves, he held up our interlaced fingers, “Done! This will keep you warm!”

 

We were walking along the streets with his hand still grabbing onto mine.

I can’t help to look at our interlaced fingers as it reminded me of the past.

And slowly, my pace slowed down without me realizing.

He certainly realized it because he came to a stop and turned around to face me.

His sudden stop alarmed me as I bumped right onto his chest, his chest where he would always place my head there to comfort me when I am down.

Embarrassed and angry at the same time, I scolded him, “Ya! Why did you stop suddenly?” I pouted as I reached up to rub my head.

“You still have the cheeks to say? What were you thinking? Why are you walking so slowly?” He questioned me.

I couldn’t possibly tell him that I was thinking about him…

About us…

So, I lied.

“Ani… It’s just…It’s cold…” I said, shivering a bit due to the really cold weather.

“Aigoo, look at you, trembling…How many times must I tell you to wear your gloves? Huh? Can’t you learn how to take care of yourself?” He scolded me.

“Tsk… Like you can take care of yourself…” I retorted before walking off.

“Ya! Stop there!” He shouted from behind.

I ignored him and kept on walking, anyway, I can totally imagine the look on his face already…

As I continued to walk, I felt him grabbed my hand and in a split second, I was spun around.

I was so shocked to find myself facing him, our faces were only inches apart.

To avoid escalating into an awkward atmosphere, I yelled, “Ya! B…bwoh ya…Ji…jigeum…?”

He looked at me with an amused face before pulling away and stretching out his hand to me.

“Bwoh?” I asked.

“Your hands” He said sternly.

“Bwoh?” I asked again, slightly irritated.

“Aish! Jinja! Can’t you just do what I say? Pali! Give me your hand!” He said again, this time, slightly frustrated.

Half-heartedly, I held out my hand to him and instantly, he grabbed hold of it which shocked me.

“Ya! What are you doing? Don’t try anything funny I warn y…” My voice trailed off as he brought my hands near to his mouth and blew hot air into them.

“Feeling better?” He asked which interrupted me from my thoughts.

I looked up to see him smiling at me as he continued blowing hot air onto my hands, warming them.

A smile crept up my face as I looked at him.

It felt comfortable, it felt warm…

It felt like my heart stopped for a second…

 

 

We settled down in a cozy restaurant to have dinner.

We sat across each other as we ordered our food.

It has been a while since we last had a meal together like this.

I finished ordering and was rubbing my palms together before he speaks, “Wae? Still cold?”

I smiled at him, “Gwenchana, it’s much better now…” I said as the food arrived.

Throughout the dinner, we chatted about different things and what is most irritating is that he kept trying to eat my food.

“Ya! Jinja! You have yours!! Stop it!! I am going to get angry and I am serious!!” I frowned at him.

“Ayeee!! Seriously? Not even one for me? You know I like salmon right? Please!!!” He tried his aegyo.

“Aigoo ya… Jinja… Look at this 21 years old guy…” I as I chuckled at his failed aegyo.

“Wae? I know you like it! Ya! I seldom do aegyo do you know that? Go ask around in school! I only do it for you… So… Will you give me one of those please?” He begged for the salmon again.

I shook my head in defeat as I surrendered and fed him one piece of his favorite salmon, “Yes… I feel so honoured… Please don’t tell anyone that you know me… It’s embarrassing… Aigoo ya…” I shook my head again.

“Yes dear, I will tell everyone about our relationship, don’t worry!” He smiled at me.

“I am going to transfer to another school starting from tomorrow…” I replied him without looking at him as I concentrated on eating my food.

“Aish! Jinja! Arrasso… Am I really so embarrassing?” He pouted.

His question made me look up at him, “Orh, you are…” I replied which caused him to give up fighting with me and continued eating.

I looked at him as he eats…

The truth is…

Ani…You are not embarrassing…

Mian… for not being truthful in front of you…

Acting like that in front of you is the only way to prevent being awkward with you…

You may not realize…

You never know how much my heart races when you did all those little things…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter