Awkward or flustered

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

“Jung ah, we are here…” He shook me.

We alighted at the stop and continued to walk to the campus.

As we were walking side by side, someone called from behind us, “Hey you two! Wait up!”

 

Chapter 12 - Awkward or flustered?

 

(Krystal POV)

Curious, we turned around to see Kai catching up with us.

“Good morning Krystal!” He greeted.

I smiled and replied him, “Morning!”

“Ya!” Taemin oppa frowned.

Both Kai and I realized and looked at him with a weird expression.

“Why didn’t you greet me?” Taemin oppa scolded him.

“There is no need for ‘morning’ between close brothers right?” Kai smiled sheepishly.

“Yayaya! Just because she likes you doesn’t mean I approve okay? You haven’t even surpassed my stage yet…” Taemin oppa said sternly at Kai.

And his statement totally woke me up from my daze.

“Bwoh? Dugu? Who like me? What are you talking about?” Kai asked blankly.

I have to do something, if not Taemin oppa will find out.

So immediately, I went up to Kai and linked arms with him, “Approval of you and me…” I tried to smile naturally but I was screaming inside.

“Krystal ah… What…” and before Kai can finished his sentence, I tip-toed and cupped his face as I leaned in and gave him a peck on his cheeks, I said, “Stop asking so many questions, walk me to class will you?”

He looked at me and blinked several times before speaking, “I… you… erm… Sure…” and then he turned to look at Taemin oppa.

Lucklily, Taemin oppa said, “Fine, I will let you go this time because I am going to be late for class… You better don’t try anything funny…” and with that, Taemin oppa walked off to his class.

As I saw him walked further away, I heaved a sigh of relief but Kai was still looking at me.

I didn’t know what to tell him and so I said, “Kai ah, mianhe…” as I loosened my arm around his and walked away.

 

 

(Yoonah POV)

Since that day in the classroom, things have been really awkward between Myungsoo and I.

I sighed at the thought of that incident.

Maybe I shouldn’t even have thought that I could change him, I was just being naïve.

Sighing the nth time, I closed my lockers and was ready to go home when someone grabbed my wrist and dragged me away.

Here we are again back to the same classroom, with the same person.

This time, he wasn’t back facing me, he was looking intensely into my eyes, the distance between us was only about a table length.

Although I told myself that I am so done with him, my heart still beats crazily when he is staring at me like this.

Yes, this is what he always does, hurting me with harsh words and then coming back to me again, making my heart races like crazy.

The silence is killing me and so I spoke, “See, this is what you always do, killing my hopes right in this classroom the other day and now, back in this same classroom, you are trying to make it up again? I am never going to fall for that ever again…”

Just when I was about to turned, he said, “I am sorry…”

These three words, so ordinary and simple, yet it feels so different coming out from him.

Have I heard wrongly?

Kim Myungsoo is apologizing?

Decided to give him one last chance, I looked back at him and asked, “For?”

“For everything that I have done that have hurt you…” He whispered, I can tell that he must have thought through a lot to say such things.

Now I feel kind of guilty to see him apologizing to me like this, “Myungsoo ah…” I started but was stopped by him, “I chose the second option…” He said.

“Huh?” I didn’t know what he was referring to.

“Cold or warm, I chose the second one…” He said again and this time a smile crept up my face.

When he saw the smile on my face, he smiled as well and I swear this is one of my happiest moments that I wished time could stop.

“Are you still willing to be my friend? My best friend?” He suddenly asked which shocked me.

He did change, I did manage to change him and just the thought of that was able to make me grinned like an idiot.

Although I want to be his girlfriend but who cares, being able to be his friend is a good start, the rest, let it flow naturally.

He raised his eyebrow waiting for my answer which I then nodded shyly.

This is the start of the friendship between Myungsoo and I.

 

 

(Myungsoo POV)

It has already been 2 weeks since Yoonah and I made up.

I am glad that I was able to open my heart once again when I thought I can never again.

Krystal was right, Yoonah is indeed different and I made the right choice.

I smiled as I watched Yoonah walking beside me while talking about things that happened during her dance practice earlier on.

She was going on and on about it when she suddenly came to a stop.

I looked at her, curious, “Wae? Go on, I am listening…”

But she didn’t reply me.

“Ya! Im Yoonah, I told you many times, don’t ignore me when I am talking to you! Ya!” I yelled a little at her.

“Shut up!” She smacked my arms.

“What did you…” Before I could finish my sentence, she interrupted me, “Myungsoo ah, is Krystal really going to be alright?” Yoonah sighed as she looked into Krystal’s direction, she was sitting alone stoning, totally oblivious of her surroundings.

“I think we should go talk to her.” And with that, Yoonah walked ahead of me, towards where Krystal was.

“Krystal ah…” I called out to her.

No response.

“Krystal?” This time I snapped my fingers right in front of her face which finally brought her back to reality.

“Oh, you guys are here!” Although she is smiling widely, I know how much pain was behind that smile, and seeing her like that really hurts me a lot.

“Krystal, are you alright? You don’t look good…” Yoonah said.

“Oh, ani, I am fine, just didn’t sleep well these few days…” Krystal explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter