Confused

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

We sat in the café for quite some time as Jongin keep telling me about his feeling for all the different rides which was very cute of him.

Unknowingly, we have already rested for almost an hour.

“Shall we go and have some other rides before we head home?” I asked Jongin, trying to see if there were any signs of tiredness in him but nope as expected.

“Umma, let’s sit a bit longer! Please!” He blinked his eyes several times.

He was always up to something whenever he pleads me like this but since I am in a good mood, I shrugged it off.

As I was looking at other families playing the rides, someone approached and when I looked up, I froze.

What the hell is Lee Taemin doing here at this hour?

 

 

Chapter 27 - Confused

     

(Krystal POV)

The sight of him made Jongin jumped, “Taemin hyung! You are here! You took so long! I have to lie to umma…” His voice trailed off as he saw me looking at him with an angry expression.

“Umma, are you angry? Sorry I secretly use your phone just now but I really wanted Taemin hyung to be here…Can you don’t chase him away?” He pouted.

Just when I was about to start scolding him, Taemin oppa interrupted, “Of course umma is not angry, why will she be so petty? She is just too happy to see me, right?” He told Jongin before leaning close towards me and whisper into my ears, “I know you feel like punching me right now but let’s not disappoint a kid and I took an hour to get here, will you give me a chance?”

I was speechless as I heard his words, he sounded so sincere but what chance is he asking?

A chance to be good to me?

Or a chance to be good to Jongin?

I don’t get it and while I was hesitating, he already picked Jongin up, “Umma agreed! Let’s go!” And with that, he carried him away.

And I have let with no choice but to tag along.

We went for the Ferris wheel, Jongin sat with Taemin oppa while I sat alone on the opposite, I looked at their interaction and I really have no idea how did they became so close…

There was several times when I peeped at Taemin oppa and he caught me and it was embarrassing.

After the Ferris Wheel, I was a little tired and decided to rest for a while, I asked Jongin, “Do you want to take a rest?”

“Umma! We only rode one ride! I still want to play…” He pouted.

Taemin looked at you for a while before saying, “Why not you rest, I will play with him.” He gave me a reassuring gaze, which was still able to give me a sense of security like 4 years ago.

Jongin heard and he was like nodding profusely, agreeing with what Taemin oppa said.

Looking at his excited face, I have no choice but to agree although reluctantly since I didn’t want Jongin to grow too attached to Taemin oppa.

I sat on the bench near their ride and watched the two.

Jongin looks so happy when he is with Taemin oppa.

I sighed at the sight, “Jongin ah… Do you really like him so much? It’s only been a week since the two of you met and yet you are already so attached to him… What am I supposed to do? Maybe my decision was wrong?” I muttered to myself as I continued to watch them play.

The scene of them together reminds me of a quote: Like father like son…

Even the way they smile is so similar and I have to admit, Jongin resembles Taemin so much.

I started to recall when Taemin oppa and I was young and when we met for the first time, he was that fair and chubby little boy who looks exactly like the way Jongin is now…

They are not only similar in their face features but even the way they talk and I think how sweet Jongin is to me every time was partly inherited by Taemin oppa who was as sweet as him when he was young…

As I allowed myself to sink in deeper into the thoughts of the past, I quickly snapped myself back into the reality.

Krystal Jung! Those are the past! Now is what is important! Stop thinking too much! I scolded myself mentally.

But honestly speaking, thank god that Jongin resembles Taemin oppa because that is one of the most important reason to how I survived the past 4 years because having Jongin there is like having Taemin oppa there and I have to admit…

I miss him, I really do…

Having to be so cold towards him the past few days, saying and spitting harsh words at him really causes so much pain to my heart but I have no choice, no matter how much I yearn for his love, I couldn’t risk, for Jongin and for myself…

 

 

(Myungsoo POV)

I was waiting for Yoonah in the café for our date.

As I was waiting for her, I kept thinking about what Krystal said earlier over the phone.

She has decided, to move on, to forget about Taemin and as her friend, I should support her decision.

I was immersed in my thoughts when Yoonah came.

“What are you thinking?” She asked as she sat down in front of me.

“Ani, I was just thinking about Krystal’s problems.” I said.

She looked worried all of a sudden as she asked, “Wae? Did something bad happen again? How is it between Krystal and Taemin oppa? Are they getting along better?” She asked.

“I don’t think so. Krystal called earlier and said that she has decided to move on. She said she is going to put down the past from now on. I guess it is going to be impossible for the two of them now…” I said.

“No…Wae? How can Krystal give up like that? She never even gives Taemin oppa a chance to clear things up? He must have a lot to say and explain and yet she didn’t even want to listen? No, I won’t let her give up so easily.” Yoonah stood up.

“Wae? Didn’t we agree on that whatever decision she choses, we will be by her side and support her? Since this is what she wants, we should just support her decision.” I stopped her.

“Even if she is making a wrong decision? Even if she is making a decision that she is going to regret in the future? Are we still going to support her if we knew this isn’t right?” Yoonah asked back.

“What makes you think her decision is wrong? Maybe she will be better off without Lee Taemin by her side? She has Kai with her now, Kai can make her happy.” I insisted.

“You don’t know! I can tell she doesn’t like Kai the way she likes Taemin oppa, I know she is going to regret on her decision later so I can’t let her give up so easily.” Yoonah retorted.

“Why are you siding with Lee Taemin? He hurt her afterall! Lee Taemin is the reason why Krystal left for 4 years! Don’t you get it? It’s her decision

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter