A little closer

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

Kai, thank you for everything. I really appreciate how much you cared for me and tried all ways just to see me smile but how I wished you are Taemin oppa.

Other than Taemin oppa, I don’t think anyone can ever make me happy again unless I can put down my love for him but it’s not easy. In fact, I don’t think I can ever forget him….

 

Chapter 13 - A little closer

 

(Yoonah POV)

“Hey, it’s Myungsoo’s birthday today, you know right?” Krystal asked.

“Yeah, how would I not know?” I laughed a little.

“Are you going to do anything?” She asked again.

I hesitated for a while before replying, “I am not sure…”

“Wae? Is something wrong?” She questioned.

“Ani… I was just thinking if I am doing the right thing… ” I sighed.

“What are you referring to?” She looked at me with concerned.

“He made it clear that we are just friends, I am scared that if I rushed things, we can’t even be friends in the end…Love shouldn’t be forced right?” I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled, “So you are worried about this? But I did see a change in Myungsoo’s attitude, the way he treated you, is so different, he doesn’t treat me like how he did to you, maybe you should give it a try?”

“Maybe it’s just because he treat me as a really close friend that’s all… I shouldn’t get my hopes high…” I said dejectedly.

“Ani…Still remember that you told me how the two of you quarreled in the classroom and when you cried he didn’t even console you?” She grinned widely before continuing, “From what I understand of him, he is someone who will stop just to ask the girl if she is okay even if he doesn’t know her… But only you, he didn’t know how to and that’s why he left, he is afraid that he may further agitate you and that’s why he left you alone. It’s all because he cares. He cares about you, Yoonah ah…” She tried reasoning it out for me.

“Why do you always make everything sounds so reasonable, making me left with no choice but to believe you…”I pouted.

Krystal laughed a little before answering me, “Because I understand him too well!”

“I am so jealous of you…” I pouted again.

“Ani, once you guys become a couple, you are going to understand him more than I do, there is no need to be jealous now…” She winked at me.

Realizing I have been paying too much attention on myself, I asked her, “Krystal ah, what about you? Are you alright?”

“What do you mean?” She asked back.

I sighed, “You know what I mean…” I looked at her.

Finally, after much contemplation, she answered, “Well, I guess I am doing fine. Even if I am not, I have to because what else can I do right? I have you guys so I am going to be fine… Don’t worry about me, okay?” She smiled at me.

Trying to lighten up the mood, I joked a bit, “I know you can do it! You are Krystal Jung right? Plus with the new rumor going around in the campus, it must be true that you are alright…” I sang the last sentence.

She raised her eyebrow, “Rumor? What rumor?”

“Oh, you didn’t heard? Oh then never mind…” I tried to stir her curiosity.

“Ya! Tell me!” She slapped my arms.

“Ouch! Fine! Erm, the rumor that you and Kai are dating…” I replied.

“BWOHHH???” She suddenly shouted which earned quite a few glares from the surrounding.

“Ya! Calm down! Wae? Is it true? Why are you so agitated?” I questioned her.

“How the hell is that true? Who the hell spread this rumor, oh my god…” She squeaked.

“I… I don’t know… But I heard it is because someone saw the two of you being intimate and took a photo of it and it started spreading…” I said carefully trying not to spark off further anger in her.

She clenched her fist, “Which idiot! Aishhh!”

“Calm down! So it is not true?” I asked which earned a smack from her, “How is it even true? We are just friends! We just made up from a series of awkwardness not long ago and now this thing…” She sighed.

Okay, well, maybe I shouldn’t even have brought this issue up…

“Okay, erm chill okay? I don’t think Kai will mind, he is not a petty guy right? Just go talk to him, I am sure he won’t take it to heart.” I assured her.

“If, one day, I happen to find out the ones who started the rumor … They are going to get it from me!” She banged her fist on the table before walking away.

“Ya! Krystal ah! Ya! Eodiga!?” I shouted at her but she just left without turning back.

I sighed as I hoped she will be alright, maybe I shouldn’t even have told her about the rumor.

, I mumbled as I face-palmed myself.

I started to pack my stuff as I glance at the clock, , its 7.55 p.m. already…

Myungsoo’s birthday!

With that, I rushed all the way to the music school.

When I arrived, I stood outside for quite some time, not having the courage to go in.

Although I can just go in like that and tell him that I am here to celebrate his birthday, he won’t even sense anything fishy but I think my actions will betray me.

I am glad that he is treating me so much better now as compared to the past, he is starting to confide in me, going out with him with just the two of us is no longer as awkward, but still to me, I cannot stop my heart from accelerating just by the sight of him.

In the end, after much contemplation, I still decided to hide myself from him, I still didn’t manage to pick up that courage, I still can’t see him as just a friend.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I fitted perfectly into the clown’s outfit.

I chuckled a little at my own foolishness as I looked at myself disguised as a clown.

Slowly, I walked towards his practice room and peeped through the small window.

There was no one, only Myungsoo, still busy with composing as I saw him frowning and spinning his pen around.

Plucking up my courage, I put the clown’s head on and now, I don’t think anyone can tell it is me.

Slowly, I open the door and saw him look up at me.

“Bwoh ya? What is a clown doing here?” He looked at me amusingly.

Without replying him, I took out a cardboard and showed it to him.

He got up and walked nearer to me as he read out loud from the cardboard, “Saengil Chukahae. Kim Myungsoo!”

“Oh great, today is my birthday, how can I forget…?” He mumbled to himself.

Babo ya, Kim Myungsoo, you really forget your own birthday, didn’t you?

As I was in my thoughts, he asked again, “By the way, who are you? Do I know you? How do you know it was my birthday?”

Immediately, I took out another cardboard with the answers to his question, I knew he would ask, he read out from the cardboard again, “This is a special service from someone, I am just hired to do this, please accept your birthday gift!”

After he finished reading, I took out a present and handed it to him, as well as a card attached to it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter