When you're gone

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

I took in a huge breath and pluck up courage and finally turned around to face him, “Uri? Did we even start anything for us to be over? Even if we have, everything is too late oppa… Things between us can never be the same anymore. Yes, I admit I love you but that was the past. Through these 4 years, I have matured and grow, I am no longer that same Krystal Jung who had nowhere to go except into your arms. I am an umma now, I have learnt how to protect myself and my child, things have changed oppa, so stop dwelling over it and move on, that will be a better option.” And with that, I walked off.

 

Chapter 26 - When you're gone

 

(Taemin POV)

“I asked her out, not you.” I simply said.

“She told me to come, she doesn’t want to see your face.” Kai smirked.

“Who are you to her? You don’t have the rights to put words into .” I shouted at him.

“I have because I am her boyfriend. What are you? You are just someone who hurt her 4 years ago!” He retaliated.

“That is not a pleasant thing to say to your best friend!” I shouted back at him.

“Since the day you hurt her, I thought our friendship was over. You are the one who told me never to hurt her but you did!” He retorted.

“You punk!” I yelled at him and threw him a punch causing him to collapse onto the ground as many people watched us.

I hovered over him and was about to throw him another punch when someone shouted, “Lee Taemin! Stop it!” and I looked up to see Krystal glaring at me.

I was shocked and let go of Kai, I couldn’t believe that she defended him.

She walked towards Kai and helped him up, using her tender and caring eyes asking him if he was alright.

Then what about me?

I am not okay at all…

As Kai stood up, she didn’t even take a look at me and just turned around and walk away.

“Jung ah…” I cried out which she stopped.

She turned around, “Oppa, seriously what do you want?” She asked as she seemed irritated and it hurts me a lot.

“I want to talk to you.” I said, almost pleading.

Kai replied for her, “Haven’t I said that she doesn’t want to see you?” He snapped but Jung stopped him, “Gwenchana, I will go, I won’t be long, go back first…I will call you later…” She told Kai and it makes me even more curious about their relationship.

Kai nodded reluctantly before going off while Jung and I settled down in a café.

I started to speak first, “Jung ah, can we…” Then she interrupted me, “Didn’t I made myself clear that day? I said nothing is going to change, what happened already happened…” She replied without hesitation and that made me realize how much she actually hated me.

She took a deep breath before continuing, “Oppa, I have moved on and you have to as well…Life goes on, with or without you… I am not rejecting you or anything, I am just protecting myself and my son…”

I stopped her here, “Do you seriously think that I am going to hurt you?” I asked, hurt by her words.

“Well you had… If my words are harsh, I am sorry but people change after being hurt before…” She said before taking a sip of her coffee.

I didn’t give up, “Jung ah, will you give me another chance?”

“A chance for what? For you to hurt me again? Oppa, one time caused me pain for 4 years and I am still hurting just by looking at your face and what chance do you want me to give you?!” She raised her voice at me.

“Jung, that night, I am sorry… I am sorry for not realizing earlier but after you left, I thought a lot and all I can think of is you…Jung ah… I…” I tried to explain but she cut me off again, “Are you trying to say now you like me? Are you kidding me or are you pitying me? I don’t need your love anymore, I have Kai and Jongin by my side now and they are enough for me, they mean the whole world to me and they are the ones there for me when I was crying because of you… Oppa, I am your sister and I will always be. I will always be the one who you want to protect and give the best thing to, the one and only sister you couldn’t live without… remember? We are family and we will always be, do you understand? Family and nothing else…” And with that, she stood up and left, I was left alone once again in the café and my tears started flowing again.

Her scars were that deep, I have hurt her that deep…

 

 

(Krystal POV)

“Did you call for me?” I stepped into appa’s room.

“Yes, I did, come, have a sit” He said.

“Is there anything?” I felt kind of awkward since I have never really sit down and have a talk with him before.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked.

“Go ahead.” I simply said, remaining my poker face.

“Kai is not Jongin’s father right?” He said and it shocked me.

I was silent as I didn’t know how to react, should I admit or should I continue to lie?

He continued instead, “You knew Taemin was outside the room, that is why you lied right? You were trying to trick him isn’t it?” He looked at me.

I was totally speechless, how can he read my mind and my actions?

“How did you…?” And before I could finish my sentence, he interrupted, “After all, I watched you grew up, even though you hated me all those times…” He sighed.

“I…” And he stopped me again, “It’s alright if you don’t want to share with me. I can tell anyway, there is something wrong with you and your oppa isn’t it? Throughout the 4 years you were gone, his smile was gone like how you were gone… He quitted school and decided to take over my place in the company. Someone as stubborn as him was actually willing to give up his dancing dream to take over the company, something must have happened and I knew you siblings had a big fight isn’t it?”

I didn’t know how to answer to his questions.

Well it was true that we had a big fight but what the fight was over isn’t something that can easily be explained and certainly I wouldn’t know how to explain to him and so I said, “Yeah, we did had a fight but it’s over now… We talked it out somehow…” I lied.

“You guys did? That is good, I want to see you siblings as close as though it was the past.” He smiled.

“You don’t need to worry about us.” I told him, “So if there is nothing else, I am going to tuck Jongin to bed…” I stood up.

As I stood up, he spoke again, “Soojung, if the father is not Kai then who is he?” He asked.

“It was a one night stand and I decided to give birth to him. I am sorry.” I lied and I felt that I was so cheap as I said that.

“I am not angry. We all make mistakes. But will you do something? Not for me but for yourself?” He asked.

“What is it?” I turned around and look at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter