Better in time

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap

Picking up his phone, he dialed a number, “Secretary Yong, get Taemin’s secretary, Nam Eunjung to come to my office now. After Nam Eunjung leave my office, get Taemin to come into my room.”

 

Chapter 44 - Better in time

 

(Taemin POV)

I have a weird feeling being called to appa’s office.

If it is about the project, I could understand but secretary Yong said it wasn’t.

It must be something personal.

What could it be?

I don’t have a good feeling about this.

As I entered his room, he welcomed me with a smile, “Son, come here, take a seat.”

Obediently, I obeyed.

Without saying anything else, he took out an envelope and passed it to me.

“Take a look at this and you will know why I called you here.” Appa said.

Opening the enveloped and taking out the things inside, I swear my inside churned as I looked at what lays ahead of me.

It was photos after photos of Jung and I.

Photos of us holding hands

Photos of us hugging

Photos of us kissing

How did he have all these photos?

I looked at those photos, speechless.

“You spied on me?” Those were the only words in my mind right now.

“That isn’t the point is it? The main point is what is happening in those photos.” He looked at me with those piercing eyes.

Plucking up the remaining courage I have, I confessed, “Fine, since you already knew this much, this makes it easier for me to say. Jung and I, we love each other. It is even before she left for the states. Jongin was actually the symbol of our love, whether you approve or not, we are going to be together. That’s it.”

“How can you do that?” Appa suddenly snapped.

“We love each other, I don’t find anything wrong with us being together, plus we have Jongin! Nothing can stop us now, even you. We almost lost each other now that we are back together again, nothing can separate us anymore.” I declared.

“I wasn’t talking about that, I am talking about Jongin.” He said again, this time with a serious expression.

“What about Jongin? He is our son, you can’t change that fact!” I yelled, thinking that he might be planning something on Jongin.

“What I meant was how can you even let her leave 4 years ago and let her go through the pain of losing you and having to give birth at the same time for the past 4 years, what were you thinking my son?” He nagged at me.

“A…appa…” I was lost at words with his sudden change of direction in his speech; I thought he wasn’t going to appove our relationship.

“Wae? You thought I have something against you and Soojung?” He asked.

“Deh…” I lowered my head.

“Ani, I called you here because I just want to know more about how the two of you are doing but Jongin being your son was kind of a surprise…Something must have happened 4 years ago, no wonder you looked so dead when Soojung left… now everything is kind of clearer…So are you’re planning to get married?” He suddenly asked.

“Appa, that was a very sudden change in your tone… I need to digest this…” I said.

Appa let out a chuckle at my action before speaking again, “Why would I possibly be against your relationship? In fact, I can’t say no to your relationship…” He sighed before continuing, “I owed Soojung too much, so much to the extent that I don’t even have the heart to say no to her. I have let her mother down, I have let her down, the only thing I can do for her is to let her find her happiness, let her decide her own future, her own life. That is the least I could do…” He said.

“Appa…Jung has put down those past, she is starting to accept you, you should try to put down too…” I said.

“I know I know, she can even forgive me so you say, how can I possibly say no to your relationship?” He smiled and I think this is one of the happiest smile I have seen from him.

“Thank you appa.” I said.

“So, when is the wedding? We need to arrange and settle things.” He said excitedly.

“Appa, please we are not even there yet, I haven’t even proposed to her, how is there a wedding?” I rolled my eyes.

“How could you? You guys already have Jongin, no more dragging, you guys need to get married, son, you better propose soon! Don’t let Soojung wait…” He said.

“Alright I know but currently we have a problem, after I solve the problem I will plan a perfect proposal.” I assured him.

“Theres no more problem to solve, I got it settled for you, just go ahead with the proposal.” He wriggled his eyebrow.

“You solved it? How do you even know what I was talking about?” I asked, curious.

“I can only say I hired the best spy possible. Anyway, I fired her, your secretary. I realized how she is the problem between you and Soojung and went to look into her past and found out she was actually your ex-girlfriend, so I have got everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter