Not the same anymore

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

The music stopped and everyone looked up the stage, all eyes were on us.

“What are you doing?” I whispered softly but loud enough for him to hear me.

“Confess to you…” That was the only thing he said before kneeling down and taking out a ring from his coat pocket, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Chapter 25 - Not the same anymore

 

(Krystal POV)

Everyone clapped upon his confession and started chanting, “Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!...” and it goes on and on.

I was so touched by his actions and as I looked at the ring he held out for me, tears flowed down and I didn’t know why.

Everyone was watching us and waiting for my answers and I really wanted to say yes but something in me was stopping me and all I could do was look at Kai, I didn’t know how to react.

Kai saw my hesitation and he sudden stood up and spoke into the mic, “My girlfriend is too shy but from her expression, I could tell her answers already, thank you everyone for witnessing our love, have a great night ahead.” And with that, he leaned in to kiss my fore head before stepping off the stage earning cheers and claps from everyone.

I was confused by his action, I didn’t even give him an answer yet, what was he talking about up there?

As we settled back down onto our seats, Kai continues eating like nothing happen and he even smiled at me.

“Jongin ah… Just now I…” I broke the silence but he interrupted me, “It’s okay, I know your answer anyway…” He smiled.

I frowned, “What do you mean? I havent even answer you! I…” And once again, he interrupted, “Krystal, I have been by your side all these time for more than 4 years. Every time you cry, whether they are tears of loneliness or tears of happiness, I can tell. Every time you smile, whether they are just forced smile or from the bottom of your heart, I know it better than anyone else. So your answer, I already know them just by looking at your expression. You can erase him from your life but you can never get him out of your heart…” He said, expressionless and his words pierced right through my heart.

Looking at him this way really break my heart, hurting him is the last thing i want to do.

“Jongin ah… I…I am sorry…” That was all I could say because no matter how much I wanted to deny, what he say was actually true, he is still in my heart and he is still the reason why I erase the word love from my life.

He looked at me, expressionless initially before smiling and pating my head, “Why are you sorry? It’s not your fault…”

“I am sorry for hurting you… I… I will try… I will try to accept your heart… I will try to accept you…” I stuttered.

He chuckled at my words, “Look at you stuttering. It’s okay, I am alright, and this isn’t the first time I got rejected anyway…” He joked which made me even guiltier as I frowned further.

He laughed a little at my action, “I will wait… I will wait for you… Till the day you are willing to accept me from the bottom of your heart…So, don’t feel guilty and just concentrate on your performance arraso? Ahhh… … this is so embarrassing…” Kai shook his head and laugh at himself.

I scooted closer to him and hugged him tightly, “It is not embarrassing, it’s courage to me… and I am thankful for that. Thank you for believing in a person like me, thank you for liking someone like me and I just want to say, I would like to try… try to be your girlfriend, try to love you and be love again…” I said as tears flowed and drenched his coat.

Feeling his hand my hair, he replied, “What do you mean by someone like you? To me, someone like you brighten up my world so don’t ever belittle yourself…and I will treat you like a girlfriend from now on, don’t be too surprise when I kiss you… like this…” He suddenly pulled away and planted a soft kiss on my lips which as expected, I was shock.

But I accepted it and just like that, I became Kai’s girlfriend and I sincerely hope everything will work.

 

 

“Umma! Kai appa! Where are we going?” Jongin danced arounf happily.

“We are going back to your hometown kiddo!” Kai ruffled his hair.

“Is this like drama? We are going on a holiday?” He beamed excitedly.

I smiled at his actions and nodded, “Yep, now go and pack your bag or else we will be late!”

“Arraso! But… What do I have to pack? Will you help me umma?” He pouted cutely at me.

“Ani, you pack yourself, umma has lots of things to do…” I said as I placed everything into the luggage.

“Come, appa help you!” Kai volunteered which cause jongin to cheer happily.

 

 

On the plane, Jongin fell asleep and was snoring softly.

Jongin was sitting in between Kai and I.

Kai was dozing off as well, he must be tired, he has been playing and entertaining Jongin since we boarded the plane.

I smiled at his sleeping face before leaning over to pull up his blanket when suddenly he pulled me down and plant a kiss on my lips.

“Ya!” I yelled almost too loudly

Which caused a sudden realization that everyone is looking at us.

He chuckled, “Why are you always so shock when I do that? Haven’t you got used to it?” He furrowed his eyebrow.

I blushed at the thought of his habit of stealing kisses from me.

“I am going to take a nap!” I snapped at him before turning around and look out of the window.

There was a chuckle from him before silence took over again.

I peeped at him again to find him sleeping, should be really sleeping this time since I could hear soft snoring sound from him.

I smiled at the sight and turned back to look out of the window.

Many things were running through my mind and I couldn’t fall asleep at all.

I have been in the states for 4 years and these 4 years I have changed a lot.

I became a better dancer, I became a well-known dancer and I even had dance tour.

I became an umma and I became more mature.

I had Kai with me all along and now he is my boyfriend.

With all these changes, what will happen if I see him later?

Will I be able to take it?

I can’t help to wonder how he is doing and whether he has change for the better like I did.

And with all these thoughts, my mind started to wander back in time.

 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“Krystal ah! Are you okay? Are you sure you don’t want to see a doctor?” Kai supported me as I vomited into a plastic bag.

“I think I may be alright just by resting a little…” But as I finished my sentence, I fainted in his arms.

And the last thing I heard was Kai shouting my name.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter