My love

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap

“They asked if we are a couple yet…” She said and I realized she wasn’t looking at me in the eyes anymore.

“What did you say?” I asked, the atmosphere getting slightly tensed now.

I obviously heard from my friends what she said but I wanted to hear it from her face to face.

“I said we are not…” She whispered.

 

Chapter 50 - My love

 

“Why?” I asked as my heart ached a bit from her answer.

“Are we?” She asked me back.

“Aren’t we?” It became questions after questions.

“I don’t know… I don’t know what we are exactly… We happened too fast…Everything happened too fast… The only thing I know about you is that you are Kai and you are from a dance troupe… That’s all… Are we even considered a couple like that?” She said looking at me in the eyes this time.

“I…But I really like you… And you like me too, don’t you?” I asked her, confused and not really knowing how to handle the situation.

“Kai I like you, I do… Time is the problem… Don’t you think we happened too fast? It has only been 2 months… So that is why I told them we weren’t a couple…Sorry if I hurt you…” She said.

I was hurt honestly but I didn’t want to force her into anything…

So I said, “Then let’s give each other some time… To get use to each other, to get to know more about each other, when the time is right, I will ask you to be my girlfriend again, alright? But at the meantime, please don’t push me away, let me stay by your side, is that okay?” I asked, it almost came out as a plead.

She said, “Sometimes, I wondered whether it is really love between us… Or is it just me relying on you and you pitying me…”

“Son Naeun, I told you stop saying those things…” I was angry at her, she still don’t understand my feelings, she is still doubting my feelings…

With that, I picked up my coat and walked out of the restaurant, leaving her there.

Although I immediately regretted my actions once I stepped out of the restaurant but still, I didn’t turned back.

 

Text

Are you asleep? – Naeun

No – Me

Can we talk? – Naeun

Sure – Me

I am actually outside your house now – Naeun

 

I looked at her text again and again before realization struck and I immediately went to open the door.

There she was standing right in front of me.

“Come in” I said.

It has already been a month since that incident in the restaurant, we didn’t contacted each other for that long, I almost thought we were over.

Honestly, there were several times I wanted to call her.

I wanted to tell her I missed her, I wanted to tell her that I am willing to wait for her, I wanted to tell her I love her but each time, I can’t pluck up the courage, I was afraid to get rejected by her.

We settled down on the couch, it was silence before I decided to speak.

“What would you like? Tea with milk as usual?” I asked.

“That will be great, thank you.” She said before I went into the kitchen to make some for her.

And as I brought the tea to her, she finally started speaking, “Kai, about that day…I am sorry…”

“You don’t have to apologize, it is not your fault, it is my fault, I was too rush… I was too impatient…I guessed I was too afraid to lose you…” I blurted put the last part without even thinking much.

She looked at me wide-eyes as if she was so shock to hear my sudden confession before she broke into a smile.

“Actually, this whole one month, I have been thinking a lot and I want to tell you what I think about us, about our relationship…” She said.

Somewhat nervous yet curious, I nodded for her to continue.

“This whole month I have been thinking about those days we went out together, recalling our conversations and tried to come up with what I know about you and what I told you about myself. And in the end, I came to a conclusion, we really know nothing much about each other…I realized I have always seen you as a close friends, that is why I was always so comfortable around you…” And she paused.

I immediately used this time to interrupt her, “I think I kind of know what you are planning to tell me, I understand, it’s okay…” I said, tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter