Goodbye...

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

“Did you just abducted me? I am on a plane that I don’t even know where it is heading to…” I whined at Kai.

He didn’t answer me.

I continued, “Ya! Where are we going? And why are you even going with me? Don’t you have to attend class?”

Again, he didn’t answer me as he just looked down.

“Kim Jongin, answer me!” I raised my voice at him but not loud enough for others in the plane to hear.

And finally he turned around to face me, “Are you alright?” He asked, his face filled of concerns.

 

Chapter 21 - Goodbye...

 

(Krystal POV)

I was confused at his sudden question, “Wh…what are you talking about? I am asking you why…” And before I could finish my sentence, he shuts me up by pulling me into his arms, “Put everything aside, where we are going, why I am going with you… All these are not important, just answer me first, are you alright? Did he hurt you?” He bombarded me with questions as his embrace tightens.

I sniffed as I took in his words, yes he hurt me so badly and I don’t even know how to tell you…

He pulled away and looked at my tears-stained face, knowing that I probably wouldn’t want to talk about it, he wiped away my tears and comforted me, “I am sorry for whatever that has happened, I am sorry I wasn’t there to stop him but we are going somewhere far and let’s try to forget all the unhappiness about this place alright?” He smiled gently at me which I found strength in that smile of his.

Wanted to change the subject, I asked him, “Where are we going?”

“We are going to the states…” He replied, still gazing at me, trying to ensure that I stopped crying.

“Why states?” I asked again as I tried to recover myself from the sniffing and crying earlier.

“Because I have friends living there and they are from dance schools over there in the states so I thought you will be able to continue dancing…” He scratched the back of his head like he was embarrassed and scared that he might have made the wrong choice and I may not like his plan.

But seriously I do.

He knows I loved to dance, and leaving Korea almost means giving up dance but he managed to find a way for me to continue my passion and how can I even be mad at him.

I looked up at him who was waiting nervously for me to reply him, “I love your plan, I meant it… thanks for planning everything ahead for me, what will I do if you weren’t there for me? Thank you Jongin ah…” I thanked him.

“Glad that you like where I am bringing you, if not I may be accused of abduction…” He joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

But I didn’t smile, I seemed to have forgotten how to smile.

Kai saw my still expression and commented, “Sometimes, you just need a break to figure out everything. Take it slow, and you will need a guy best friend like me to cheer you up and make you laugh when you don’t think you can ever smile again. Soojung, smiling is for yourself, not for anyone and definitely not for him. If you insist to smile for someone, let that person be me. I like your smile, from now on, smile for me arraso?” He said as he caressed my cheek gently and I was surprised to find myself smiling back at him, although it was a smile that was so weak and insignificant, I know he felt it because he smiled too.

Kim Jongin, thank you for everything that you have done for me.

Thank you for what you have done for me in the past, what you are doing for me now and even in the future, I think I will need you there as well because you have slowly become so important that you are like a pillar of strength and comfort to me.

Without you, I will be nothing

 

 

(Taemin POV)

A punch landed on my face as I collapsed onto the ground.

“What have you done to her you idiot?” Myungsoo shouted into my face, not even caring what the passers-by might think.

I couldn’t even answer him as I clutched onto the letter that she left behind, and that is also the only thing she left behind.

“You didn’t know how much she love you, it’s okay since she never tell you. You hurt her feelings by dating Name Eunjung, it’s also okay since you didn’t know. But how could you do that to her? Do you know how much it hurt her? Both physically and mentally, you just crushed her heart! If you don’t intend to be responsible, don’t do anything to her!” Myungsoo continued to rage at me.

I feel like I deserved all this scolding and beating because I was a jerk.

Yoonah strode towards me from behind Myungsoo and her eyes red from crying, “Krystal love you so much… Yet this is how you return your love… Lee Taemin, you are a total …” And with that, she walked off with Myungsoo tagging behind.

Ignoring all the judging from the people around, I slowly stand up and staggered back home, wishfully thinking that maybe Jung might be at home.

As I walked, even heavens’ not on my side as it started to rain, getting heavier as time ticks by, I was drenched but that’s okay.

Perhaps the rain could act as a cover up for my tears.

I couldn’t stop tearing, the thought of Jung leaving me was unbearable.

I didn’t even realized I have already become this attached to her and most importantly, I didn’t know how she felt for me until today.

I continued waking in the rain as I recalled what happened earlier:

 

I woke up to bright sunlight shining on my face.

As I tossed and turned to the other side of the bed, I realized Jung was missing.

She must be shy, because of what we did last night.

Although I had to admit that yesterday night wasn’t supposed to happen but it was a mixture of emotions and it was the first time I felt so much for Jung.

Maybe the feeling was always there, the break up with Eunjung just happened to fuel these feelings even more.

I couldn’t believe I actually had feelings for someone whom I took as sister for almost 15 years.

I started to wonder when this feeling has started and why didn’t I realize it…

That was when I recalled why I was always sad when she ignored me, why I was always trying to interfere into Kai and her affairs, why I was always trying to protect her…

All these little things I have been doing, why didn’t I realize…?

I chuckled a bit to myself as I called out for her who is probably too confused to face me now, “Jung ah, come here, I have something to tell you…” I said, smiling at the thought of what her reaction will be when I tell her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter