Better off

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

Myungsoo was punching in his lock when he caught me peeping at the numbers, “Ya! What are you looking at huh? What are you thinking huh?” He gave me his notorious smirk.

Flustered, I retaliated immediately, “Ani… I wasn’t looking… Don’t…don’t accuse me!” And with that, I turned away from him.

I heard him chuckled and in a few seconds, the door opened.

As I turned around to enter his house, he suddenly leaned in close to me and whispered, “My birthdate…”

 

Chapter 14 - Better off

 

(Yoonah POV)

“Huh?” I didn’t know what he was referring to at first but when I thought through I realized he was referring to his house lock and a smile crept up my face once again.

Why would he tell me that?

Did he tell his house lock to Krystal too?

I shrugged away the thoughts and proceeded to explore his house.

“Woah… Your house is damn nice I swear!” I was smiling at everything in his house, there is only one word to describe his house, AWESOME!

“Yayaya! Have you seen enough? Go and cook now, I am hungry! I will be taking a shower first so take your time okay?” and with that he disappeared into his room.

Curious as to how his bedroom looks like, I carefully stepped in and was surprised that it was actually pretty clean and tidy, it was so unlike his character.

I traced my hand over his warm bed sheet, the whole room was filled with his scent, his smell.

I sat at the corner of his bed and picked up a photo frame, it was a family photo which consists of his parents and him, such a lovely and warm photo.

As I picked up another photo frame, I was surprised to see him and a girl kissing in the photo.

I swear I almost drop the photo frame.

 

Myungsoo never really had a girlfriend since high school.

I think the reason why he has such a cold façade may be related to his past relationships…

Myungsoo has never really open up to anyone since high school.

“Are you willing to be my friend? Best friend?”

 

All these words said by the people around him were spinning around in my head.

His words asking whether we can be friends were also revolving around in my head.

Is she the reason?

I looked at the photo frame once again.

She must be the reason right?

Myungsoo still loves her that’s why…

Myungsoo still can’t forget her that’s why…

What am I to even think that I can change him?

I am just a random girl who appears out of nowhere…

Compared to her, I am nothing…

Holding in my tears, I carefully put back the photo frame into its original position, didn’t want him to know what I have seen.

Clutching onto my heart, I kept retreating backwards and backwards as my foolish actions of trying to change him kept appearing in my mind and I can’t help to scold myself, ‘He is right, I am a meongchong…’

Finally, as I retreated til the dead end, ‘Click’, the door behind me opened and I felt warm air enveloping my back.

“Yoonah? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be cooking right now?” He turned me around and looked at me.

That’s it, I couldn’t hold it in any longer, tears started to flow down my cheeks, all over my face.

Myungsoo was shocked to see me tearing up and immediately asked, “Ya! What is wrong with you? Why are you crying?”

Didn’t want to let him know, I lied, “I… I am not feeling well, I will cook for you the next time…” and with that, I ran out to the living room and get my stuff and out of his house.

Despite his repeated callings, I refused to turn back because I am so confused now.

It was just my wishful thinking afterall…

LLL

 

(Myungsoo POV)

As I made my way to the campus, I can’t help but to wonder what happened to Yoonah yesterday.

Everything was fine right before I went to bathe and when I came out, she was crying?

Curiosity was exploding inside me and I decided to approach her to find out.

From far, I saw Yoonah walked out of the dance studio and without hesitation, I walked towards her and held her wrist, pulling her into an empty classroom.

Once we were inside, we both stood still and neither of us spoke.

I decided to speak first, “What happen yesterday? Will you tell me? Why were you crying? I want to know.” I said with a serious expression.

Yoonah remained expressionless and after much contemplation, she started, “Let’s not talk about what happened yesterday, let me tell you something instead.”

I raised my eyebrow at her reply, seldom did I see her being so calm and cool, it is kind of scary.

“Kim Myungsoo, I like you. Not as a best friend, but as a girl. Do you like me? Will you go out with me?” She continued her remaining sentence which caused my eyes to widen.

I was so shocked by her confession that I didn’t know what to do.

This is the first time I see this side of Yoonah and I was beyond surprise.

“I…I…Yoonah ah…I…” I couldn’t continue my sentence because even I, myself is not sure of my heart, how am I going to answer her.

“Answer me.” She said again.

“Yoonah, I…” I wanted to ask her to give me some time to think and to recover from this shock but she interrupted me, “I know your answer, it’s her isn’t it? Your ex-girlfriend… You still can’t forget her right? I should have known… If I knew earlier, I wouldn’t be pestering you anymore. Sorry I didn’t know but now that I know, I will back off. I won’t be so thick skin anymore and hang around you further. I really don’t have the intention to replace your ex-girlfriend, I know I won’t be able to. So…” She paused for a while before retrieving something from her bag and passed it to me, “Take this as a farewell gift, I have already knitted it so I might as well just give it to you because other than you I don’t know who else to give it to, so just accept it, whatever you want to do with it, I am fine with it, bye.” And with that, she walked off.

I was processing each and every word that she said and it took me so long that after I recovered, she was already gone.

Did she just apologize and said she will back off?

Did she just say I still have feelings for my ex-girlfriend?

How did she…?

Then yesterday’s memories came back to me as I recalled her crying in my bedroom, she must have seen the photo…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter