Love can be simple

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

“You have never said I love you to her right? That’s why you are trying to escape isn’t it? Im Yoonah, so this is your boyfriend? Who won’t even say I love you to you?” She said sarcastically which kind of made my heart boil.

Yoonah turned around to look at me with tearing eyes like she was about to cry, like she was pleading me to say it but I was never someone who could easily say such things.

I love you these three words are words that are so deep to me and I always feel that I should only say and express them in the right time and not say it every day without meaning and so instead of saying it, I said, “Can we not do this anymore? Yoonah and I have a class to run!” and with that, I dragged Yoonah away from those group of people.

I thought Yoonah would be angry because I didn’t say those words to her but instead she turned to me and said, “I am sorry to have to let you meet them. They are just my seniors in dance and they are always going around doing things like that, don’t mind.”

Seeing that she wasn’t angry at me, I was glad and I patted her head before we parted for our class.

 

That was what happened earlier in the morning.

 

Chapter 17 - Love can be simple

 

(Myungsoo POV)

I didn’t know she was angry at all until just now.

So this must be what she was angry about.

Saying things like ‘it’s my fault for loving you more.’…

She does mind a lot that I didn’t say ‘I love you’ just now…

I sighed as I ruffled my hair.

She is a girl after all, of course she is mad plus it was in front of all her senior friends…

I thought for a while on what to do to appease her but I have a lecture to attend and so I went for the lecture.

As I was walking towards the lecture, something struck me.

This is a mass lecture, which means Yoonah and Krystal will be there too.

Maybe I can asked Krystal for help?

But as I thought about the problems that Krystal was already facing, between Kai and Taemin, I feel like I shouldn’t give her anymore problems.

As I was in my thoughts, I didn’t even realize I have already reached the lecture theatre.

As I was about to step into the theatre, I saw Yoonah and she was smiling together with Krystal but when she saw me, her smile disappeared that was when I realize how much the three word meant to her and yet I didn’t say it and embarrassed her in front of her friends.

I couldn’t do much because it was a lecture and I didn’t even get to sit near Yoonah nor Krystal so the only thing I could do was to pay attention to the lecture.

As I was deep in my thoughts, I heard my name being called, “Kim Myungsoo shi, would you like to come out and solve this?”

Great, out of so many people, he chose me.

So I had no other choice but to go up to the stage and towards the visualizer to complete the question he wanted me to do and showed everyone.

As I was about to retreat back to my seat, I caught a glimpse of Yoonah looking at me and at that instant, a stupid idea crossed my mind.

Still standing on the stage, I walked up to the lecturer who is holding the mic and said “Can I borrow your mic for a few seconds?”

The lecturer must have thought that I was going to explain the question that I have solved but when I took over the mic, I spoke into it, “Im Yoonah” and I paused.

Yoonah heard and her eyes widened as she looked right into my eyes from her seat and I continued, “I love you. I am sorry I didn’t say it as often and I understand why you are angry but I just want to tell you that even if I don’t say it as often, I still love you and that will never be affected by the number of times of ‘I love you’ that I said, trust me will you?”

I didn’t care about what the lecturer was saying behind me, probably scolding me.

I didn’t care about the rest of the lecture group’s reaction, probably gossiping.

At that moment, I was only looking at Yoonah and the moment I saw her smile I knew I did the right thing and I know she has forgiven me.

 

 

Since the lecture until now, I still haven’t met Yoonah yet since we had different breaks and different classes.

She may look like she had forgiven me but still I want to hear it from her that she is no longer angry.

I was sitting on my bed looking at my phone and hesitating whether or not to text her but as I was contemplating, a text message came.

 

‘Why did you do that in lecture? It was embarrassing.’

–Yoonah

 

As I saw who the sender was, my heart jumped and I immediately replied.

 

‘I meant every word I said, please forgive me…’ I typed.

 

A few seconds later, she replied.

 

‘For you to put aside your pride and do something like this, you must have had a tough battle with yourself.’ –Yoonah

 

'At that moment, your smile was the only thing that matters.’ I sent.

 

‘Thank you for saying it in front of so many people. Thank you for trying to prove your love.’

–Yoonah

 

‘Sorry that I didn’t manage to say that earlier, but trust me, I love you.’ I sent.

She didn’t reply for a very long time which caused me to wonder whether she is still angry.

As I got ready to send her another text, her replied came.

 

‘I had rather hear your voice than read your text.’

–Yoonah

 

Seeing what she wrote, a smile crept up my face because I knew she had forgiven me.

So I dialed her number.

“Yoboseyo?” She said from the other line.

“Baby, it’s me.” I said.

“I know…” She said.

“Are you still angry? I am sorry…” I apologized again.

“Ani… I am not angry. I shouldn’t even have gotten angry at you, I didn’t know why I did… I…mianhe…” She sniffed and I could tell she was tearing up.

“Shhh, don’t cry. The reason why you got angry was because you love me and I am really happy to know how much you love me…” I told her honestly.

From the other line, she continued to sniff as she choked on her words, “You must be thinking I am an idiot right? How can a girl be so desperate… I must be the first girl who chase after you and love you so desperately…I don’t even know why I am like that when it comes to you…”

I smiled at her sincere words before replying, “Yes you are the first girl who love me much more than I am worth but you are also the first girl who made me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter