Epilogue

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

(Three years later)

 

Kai and Naeun:

(Naeun POV)

“Is this the kind of standard you can give me one week before your debut?” He roared, startling the poor trainees.

“I don’t see you guys putting in your heart and soul at all! Where were the passion you guys showed me during the audition? Why? The passion was only there because you wanted to pass the audition so badly? What about after that? You don’t need them anymore? If you are one of those people I mentioned then step out of here immediately. I don’t even care that I have announced your debut to the whole of South Korea, what I care about is what you will be able to show the whole of South Korea because of my decision in letting you debut. Passion for music, this is something that is very important for you to become an artist, without that, I am sorry, you are at the wrong place. One week, many things can happen, I really don’t wish to have an announcement of cancelling your debut but if there is a need to, I will still do so.” With that, he walked out of the room.

Following behind him, looking at his backview, I can’t help but to shake my head.

Always acting so cold and fierce to all his trainees but actually he is someone that cares about them the most.

“Naeun…” And before he could finish his sentence, I replied him, “I got it…”

And with that, I picked up my phone immediately and ordered a delivery of food and drinks to the trainee’s room.

That is how Kai is, scolding them but in the end, feel bad about it.

That is why most trainees, although are all pretty scared of him yet they respected him a lot.

And a praise from Kai will make a trainee go wild because that is how much they respect him.

As we finally reached back into the office, I knew he will probably need some ‘our alone time’, so I closed the door behind us.

He walked towards his desk and leaned against it as he let out a long sigh and said, “Come here…”

Just as he wished, I walked towards him and stood in front of him, “Wae? Tired huh? Think you are too harsh on them?” I said.

He didn’t say anything and just nodded with his eyes closed.

“While you are harsh on them, have you ever thought that you are too hard on yourself too?” I asked.

“Am I? I just wanted the best for our entertainment…” He said softly, looking into my eyes.

“You said our entertainment didn’t you? Share your problems with me then, discuss with me, don’t stress yourself out by trying to solve everything on your own, are you thinking too little of me that you don’t think I can solve those problems that’s why you don’t wanna tell me?” I pouted and folded my arms.

He laughed a little, “What are you talking about…”

“You finally laugh, it’s been a while since I saw you laugh for real, you were so occupied in Candy’s debut that you lost your laughter, I was worried yet I can’t do anything because I knew how important this is to you.” I told him how I really felt.

“I am sorry, you should have told me, then I would have spend some time with you.” He replied, caressing my face.

“It wasn’t because I want you to spend time with me, it is because I was worried that you became too much of a workaholic that you lost the real you…” I said.

“I know… And that is why I have something to tell you today…” He said.

Raising my eyebrow, I asked back, “What is it?”

“I have decided to give up on my position as the chairman of J&N Entertainment and just continue to be a dance choreographer, I think this suits me more.” He said.

“What?” I was a bit stunned, “Wae?” I asked again.

“I know we promised to run this entertainment together and I know very well what J&N stands for, I will never forget that but I am really very happy just to be a choreographer, that is a work that I can really feel happiness in doing. I will pass down the entertainment to someone trustworthy and I already have a meeting with the shareholders and they agreed. I myself also realized that I am becoming more and more distant from you after I became the chairman, although you are my secretary but we were always so busy to even talk and eat together, I really don’t like the way we are and I somehow know you felt similar too but you are holding in because you want the best for me. But actually, what I want is really simple, I just want you. I want to be by your side whenever I wanted to, I want to talk to you and have meals with you whenever I feel like it, I want to be abe to smile more and see you smile more as well, I realized this is what I want. Don’t ever feel bad or anything, instead you should feel blessed okay?” He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

Tears were welling up my eyes.

“How long has it been?” I said.

“What thing?” He pulled away and looked at me.

“Since J&N started, how long has it been?” I said.

“Two years I think and it’s been doing rather well since then so I thought stepping down now wouldn’t be much of a problem.” He said.

I wiped away my fallen tears and asked, “Then who will I be working under now? Who is the new chairman?”

“You don’t have to know since you are jobless now.” He laughed.

“What?” I frowned.

“It was during the meeting, I told the shareholders that you are my secretary so if I quit, you quit too and they agreed.” He smiled.

“What the heck! Are you serious? Why did you even do that?” I frowned.

“Wae? I am not going to let you be the secretary of the next chairman because that chairman is gonna be a guy! You are following me!”He insisted.

“Yeah right, I am following you to be a dance choreographer and so you think I can dance? Wow!” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Are you angry? Don’t be angry, take a look at this!” He handed me something.

I crossed my arms and turned away from him, “No!”

“Come on, you will love it, take it!” In the end, he shoved it into my arms.

When I read it, my eyes widened, “Oh my god! What is this?” I grasped his arm.

“You want me to read it for you?” And with that, he snatched over the paper and started reading, “Dear Ms Son Naeun, we are please to announced that you are shortlisted as one of the candidates that we see potential in, therefore, we would like to invite you for an interview at our building, we hope to see you there. Yours sincerely, South Korean Business institute teaching academy.”

“How…? Why…?” I was loss at words.

“I did a resume for you and emailed them. I always know it is your dream to be able to teach there. Since you majored in business in the states, I thought you might have a pretty high chance, so I did it, I was waiting for a right time to tell you and I thought now would be the time.” He said.

I smiled but my tears were flowing, I looked hideous as I cried and laugh altogether at the same time.

“Naeun, stop crying, you should be happy, they are pleased with your academics results, they want you, the last lap is just an interview, you will be achieving your dream soon, be happy!” He said and right after he said that, I ran to hug him.

At that moment, I thought he is the best thing that ever happened in my life.

He had given the greatest amount of courage I never thought I would ever had.

He had given me the kind of life I never thought I had be living.

He had given me the amount of love that I never thought that I had received.

He is the best thing ever.

Just as I pulled away, he spoke again, “There is one more thing I have to tell you.” And he sounded kind of serious.

“Go on…” I said.

“At first they didn’t let me step down from the chairman position, they said I have to give them valid reasons.” He said.

“So did you? What did you say?” I asked.

“I told them I was too stress being a chairman.”

“Did they even accept that reason? I don’t think they did right?” I raised my eyebrow.

“They didn’t. That is why I became serious and told them the real reason.”

“There is another reason? What is it?” I was curious.

“I told them I am getting married.” He looked at me deep in the eyes.

One second, teo second, three second, four second, five second…

And I burst out crying.

“That is the lousiest proposal ever! Kim Jongin… The worse of the worse…” I cried and my tears flowed.

He smiled a little and continued, “There is even worse…” And with that, he took my hand and slid a keychain ring into it.

I cried even louder upon seeing the ring, “Even the ring is so lousy…” My tears kept flowing, not because of how lousy things are happening right now but rather how he managed to totally caught me off guard, I totally didn’t expect a proposal right now.

And why I cried so badly is also because this proposal is something that I have been waiting for since forever, we have all been so busy that I thought he forgot about it, I even had the thought that he didn’t want to propose to me.

“I know everything is very stupid right now, but my heart is real and I know you can feel it, the proposal may be lousy but I promise you a perfect wedding, alright?” He smiled.

I didn’t know what to say at all and just kept nodding and nodding until he pulled he into a kiss and that is when I truly understand the description: “A kiss as if the time stops”

 

 

Myungsoo and Yoonah:

(Yoonah POV)

“Everyone! Look Here! Look at how Nana is lifting her leg, this is the correct way okay? Everybody learn from her. Let’s do it again! Ready, 12345678, 22345678, 32345678, 42345678, 52345678, Alright! Perfect!” I clasped my hands together as I watched those kids dancing out the dance steps.

“Teacher! Am I good today? Did I dance well?” Seungyeon asked me cutely.

“Of course my dear, everyone did a good job today! Remember, everyday you must at least use 1 hour to practice your steps if not you will forget very soon okay?” I reminded them.

I really enjoy teaching these bunch of lively and cheerful kids.

Well of course there are difficult times when they are naughty and when they injured then all the parents complains won’t stop coming…

But at the end of the day, it is really their smile and their ‘Thank you teacher’ that made my day.

I watched them go off one by one when one of them suddenly approached me.

“Yes Nana? You have got questions for me?” I asked as I ruffled her hair.

“Ani, teacher… There is a weird ahjusshi standing there since the start of the class, looking at you. Is he a pyuntae?” She frowned which made me chuckled.

“Pyuntae!? What makes you think so?” I asked while looking up to look for the ahjusshi she is referring to.

When I saw him, I immediately recognise him, even if he is back facing us.

“Are you talking about that ahjusshi?” I pointed at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter