Irresistible

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

“You…” She said.

“What? Are you trying to argue with me again?” I snapped back at her.

“You smiled…” She continued which made me stopped in my track.

“Bwoh?”

“This is the first time I see your smile…” She said and I can sense her looking at me.

I was a bit shocked by her words and didn’t know what to reply so I just smoked it through, “Ani… You see wrongly, I didn’t…” Okay, that was a really bad lie.

She didn’t say anything else after what I said, throughout the journey to school, she was just smiling happily like an idiot and the sight of that made me smile once again without me realizing.

 

Chapter 9 - Irresistible

 

(Krystal POV)

“Look at the two kids over there! Reminds me of the two of us when we were young…” Oppa pointed to the two kids sitting on the bench as we walked pass them.

I turned and looked at them too see them quarrelling and indeed it reminds me of the past.

Smiling, I nodded, “Orhh… I can’t believe we are this close now…” I said.

Taemin oppa then started to talk about the past which I wasn’t really listening as I was in my own world, recalling the past incidents.

 

“Look at this poor little girl… Aww… Guys… I feel so sad for her… She doesn’t even have an umma… Look at her… Tsk tsk tsk…” A group of guys scooted closer to me on the bench.

This was not the first time…

Ever since the death of umma, things like that happened a lot…

I tried to act like nothing happened, but I just can’t…

I have been getting into fights, getting into all sorts of nonsense especially when people talked or gossiped about me…

It’s not me that I am concerned of, but they are insulting my umma and I can never stand that.

I ignored the group of boys who were smirking at me and continued to read my book.

“Look at her! Ignoring me? Did your umma ever teach you manners? Oh wait… I forgot your umma is dead… Oopss, sorry!” His remark this time round instantly sparked off the anger in me as I threw the book right smack onto that guy’s face.

He was pissed at my action as he stared at me.

“Don’t you dare insult my umma like that! Bastard!” And with that, I turned and walked off.

But, they would never let me off this easily.

The guy that I threw the book at stopped me by gripping so tightly onto my wrist.

It hurts a lot but I am not going to cry, not in front of someone like him.

“Let go of me, you jerk!” I shouted at him, but he just wouldn’t let go as he smirked, “No one shouts at me! You are just an orphan, what gives you the right to shout at me like that?” He roared.

I kept struggling, trying to be freed from his grip but he just tightened it and it was really painful.

His group of guy friends started to surround me.

One of them raised his hand in mid-air and I knew immediately that I am going to get bashed up, but still, I didn’t cry.

I shut my eyes tightly as I waited for the pain to strike but no… it never came…

Instead, in an instant, I felt the grip around my wrist loosen and when I opened my eyes, in front of me was Taemin oppa and his group of friends.

Taemin oppa was holding onto the guy by his collar as I heard him warned him, “You touched that girl, you touched me… and when you touched me… who knows what will happen to you…” He threatened him.

Oppa is popular in every school he goes to.

He and his group of friends are basically like the kingkas of the school but unlike the other kingkas, they don’t go around bullying people, but people were just naturally scared of them… maybe because of the bad vibes that they gave off…

The guy who was grabbed by oppa literally changed 180 degrees as he smiled widely at oppa, “Oh no… never… Why will we touch her? We were just passing by… nothing happen… right guys? Why would we touch her…hahaha…” He answered as he scratched his head while eyeing his own group of guys.

Oppa narrowed his eyes at him before saying, “Better remember what you said today…” before letting him go while his friends also let the rest of the guys go.

I stood there beside the bench while oppa turned and looked at me as well.

He looked like he wanted to approach me but he didn’t know how to…

Because he knew that it was because of his appa that I became like that…

I heard him told his friends, “You guys go first, I will catch up with you later…” His friends just nodded and walked away.

Without waiting for him to approach me although I knew he had something to say, I turned and walked away.

But as I walked, he gripped my wrist and spun me around.

“Leave me alone…” That’s the only thing I said as I was turned around to face him.

“Just let me say what I want to say, please?” He asked.

I didn’t reply, but I stopped struggling from his grip.

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you? What did they say to you? What did they do to you? Will you tell me? I am worried… ” He bombarded me with lots of question.

I didn’t know what got into me but I raged at him, “Stop it! I am not related to you at all! Stop acting like you care when it’s your appa who caused all these nonsense in my life… My life was perfectly normal before the two of you stepped in! Just get out of my life!” I shouted at him.

He was shock, I could tell that because he finally let go of my wrist.

With that, I turned.

Right at the moment I turned, he spoke, “Even if I tried so hard, you won’t let me into your life… Why…? It was my appa’s fault for what he did, I never wanted things to turn out this way… All I want was you accepting me into your life… All I wished for was the two of us getting closer… I know you hate my appa, but please, let me do something about it, I know I can never do anything to bring back your umma, but I can at least be by your side when you needed someone and when you get into trouble like just now…Why can’t you just listen to me at least… That’s all I ever ask… We may not be related… but I just want to protect you… Why won’t you let me…?”

I was feeling a mixture of emotions after what he said.

I didn’t know why I was always angry at him.

I had never thought of that question before, all I know was I just hate the fact that he was always so good to me.

I was scared that I may become too dependent on him and therefore I never once let him into the little own world of mine.

Now that umma is gone, I am even more confused…

And this was not the right time…

I turned around and then, our eyes locked.

I was teary because of what he said, I was touched at his words as well, but still, I replied, “Yes… I hate you… The fact that you are in my life, I hate it! Don’t be nice to me, because I will never accept you no matter what you do, you and I are just meant to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter