The hard truth

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

We stayed in that position for quite some time when someone interrupted, “Awwww, how sweet…” And we pulled away to find Myungsoo, Yoonah, Taemin and Eunjung looking at us.

They teased us a little here and there but knowing that Krystal might be uncomfortable, I stopped them, “Stop it guys, it’s late, let’s go home shall we?”

Making the last teasing statement, Eunjung finally stop and we all headed to the bus stop.

As we reached the bus stop, Myungsoo and Yoonah bid farewell as they went the other way, and now, there is only the four of us left.

Just when I felt that the silent was piercing, Taemin spoke, “Kai ah, you can go now… Jung can come with me.”

 

Chapter 19 - The hard truth

 

(Kai POV)

Just when I was about to answer, Eunjung interrupted as she pouted at Taemin, “What about me? Aren’t you sending me home?”

Taemin then replied her, “Wae? You want me to send you home? But Jung is alone and…” And before Taemin could finish his sentence, Krystal cut in, “It’s okay, send her home, Kai can walk me back home…”

I understood she is trying to escape and that she didn’t like the current atmosphere and so I pulled her away and bid farewell with them as well.

As we walked along the pavement, I took the chance to grab hold of her hand and I said, “I am sorry that I was a jerk earlier on… I am going to take back my words, I don’t care who you like, I just know I am in love with you and I think that’s enough…” I looked at her with sincerity.

She stopped walking and turned and look at me, her eyes welled up with tears, “Jongin ah… Mianhe… Kumawo… These are the only words I could think of now…” She mumbled.

“These two words are enough… enough for me to continue loving you…” I whispered and gave her forehead a peck.

 

(Taemin POV)

I sighed as I watched Kai and Jung walked away.

Eunjung noticed my sigh and looked at me with a concern expression, “Wae? Are you worried about Jung? Kai is with her, nothing will happen…”

“But...” I tried to argue but was hushed by her as she planted a kiss on my lip, “I am in front of you right now, don’t think of other things will you?” She whispered against my lips.

Her words kind of softened me, “Alright…” and with that, we continued down the pavement.

I don’t even know why I am acting this way…

Why can’t I just trust Kai and let the two of them be?

Why is there always this weird feeling telling me that I will regret it if I let them be together…?

Just… What is wrong with me?

And the whole walk back home, I wasn’t really paying attention to what Eunjung was saying, I was too engrossed in my own thoughts…

I was too occupied by the fact that Kai and Jung are together and I don’t even know why I am acting this way…

 

(Krystal POV)

I was walking along the hallway, my mind recalling about the triple date the other day.

I was feeling a mixture of emotions at a mixture of different things.

I was angry and hurt and sad when I saw Taemin oppa and Eunjung acting all intimate.

But on the other hand, I was also feeling guilty and sorry towards Kai, I shouldn’t have lied to him…

He said he didn’t mind, but I do, he is too good to me that I might become too dependent on him…

I don’t wish to hurt him, hurting him was never my intention…

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize a group of girls standing in front of me.

I came to a stop abruptly and looked up to see Eunjung…

Great, speaking (thinking) of the devil…

She was with her group of friends as she greeted me.

“Oh Jung ah! It’s you!” She said and I swear I didn’t like the way she called me, only Taemin oppa called me that.

But not to show my frustration openly, I replied as politely as possible, “Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted.

As she was about to reply, her friends beat her to it, “Unnie, who the hell is this girl? She doesn’t look like the type of friends you would have…” She examined me from top to toe which made me really pissed.

Upon hearing her friends’ words, Eunjung scolded her, “Stop it! She is Taemin’s sister, which is my sister too…” She smiled at me widely which I then forced back a smile, I really want to get out of here right now.

“Bwoh?! Taemin’s sister? They don’t even look alike! There is so much difference! Just a look at Taemin you know he is from a wealthy family but her, oh my god…Unnie, let’s just go, mixing with someone like her will ruin my reputation…” One of her friends spat.

In my mind, I was cursing so badly.

Who does she think she is and what freaking reputation is she talking about?

Does she even have a reputation to keep up to?

I struggled so hard to maintain my anger so as not to make a scene.

“Tsk! You guys are so rude… Jung ah, don’t take it to heart okay?” Eunjung smiled at me again.

Although I hate it but I can’t deny that her smile make me difficult to be angry at her and I guess that is one reason why Taemin oppa fell for her and when I thought of that, sadness filled within me once again.

Reluctantly, I replied, “Ani… I won’t put it to heart…” and I tried forcing out another smile.

This was when Taemin oppa walked pass and Eunjung immediately called out to him, “Tae!! Here!”

When Taemin oppa saw us, he walked towards us and the first thing he asked was, “Jung ah, what are you doing here?”

Trying to maintain a poker face, I replied, “Oh nothing… I am going, see you…” I tried to escape but before I could go, somebody grabbed you by the wrist and said, “Wait a minute!” and just by the voice you knew it was that irritating friend of Eunjung.

What does she wants now?

You turned around trying to maintain your anger as you asked in the most polite manner after all they are your seniors, same age as Taemin oppa, “Yes?”

“Just wanted to confirm something, Taemin ah, is she really your sister?” She asked Taemin oppa and he replied, “Yes, why?”

I thought an answer from Taemin oppa himself would satisfy her but she went further and that really boils my anger, “Oh my god! I really can’t believe this! Is she adopted or something? Or did her mom seduce your dad and had her? There is such a huge difference between the two of you!” She exclaimed.

I couldn’t take it anymore because I hate it the most when people bring in umma as a topic, how they want to humiliate me I can hold it in but not my umma!!!

I looked up at Taemin oppa, some part of me wanted him to stand up to speak for me but some part of me just wanted to slap her myself and our eyes locked.

He probably saw my expression that I was about to cry and just when he was about to scold Eunjung’s friend, someone appeared in front of me.

I looked up at the back view of that person standing in front, and just one look, I instantly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter