I..love..you?

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap

“Whether it is true or not is none of your business anymore since the day we broke up…” Naeun said.

“You guys are just lying right? We just broke up, how can you find yourself another boyfriend immediately?” He laughed.

I didn’t know what came over me but I walked towards Naeun and pulled her towards me.

In a split second, our lips touched.

 

Chapter 49 - I..love..you?

 

I kissed her, she was shocked but she stayed still.

Did I do this as a show?

Or was there something else that was the reason to why I was kissing her right now?

I didn’t know either, I only know her lips felt good and there was this feeling telling me not to pull away and to stay like this forever.

But in the end, still, we pulled away.

Naeun was looking at me shyly while I recovered my posture and spoke, “I hope this proves that we are a couple, and don’t ever let me see you near her from now on! Naeun, let’s go!” And with that, I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the bar.

Outside, we were awkward as .

I tried to make the atmosphere livelier, “You know why I did that right? I was just…”

“I know, it was a show, thank you! I appreciate that a lot! I guess I will be going now! Bye bye!” She said as she walked away.

But before she did so, I managed to stop her by grabbing her hand once again, “Naeun shi… What’s your full name?”

“Son… Son Naeun…” She answered softly.

I smiled and replied, “Son Naeun, nice to meet you, I am Kai, Kim Jongin.” I introduced myself again, this time more properly.

“Thanks for tonight Kai…” She said before turning away again.

“Chankan…” I said and she turned around again, raising her eyebrow at me.

“I hope we could keep in touch, friends?” I said as I waved my phone in the air.

First time tonight, she smiled.

She walked towards me and passed me her phone as I typed my number inside.

With that, she walked away.

And I realized I didn’t even have her number… Will she even call me?

And just as that thought passed through my mind, a phone call came.

It was an unknown number but I still picked up nonetheless.

“Yeoboseyo?” I spoke.

“Look to your right.” The voice said.

I followed and saw Naeun smiling at me as she bowed and from the phone, she said, “Thank you so much for today… friend…” She added to last part softly.

And with that, she hung up and I realized I didn’t even reply her anything but that was enough as I smiled while looking at her back view slowly disappeared around the corner.

I wonder what’s that weird feeling churning inside me

 

Text

Is this Naeun? – Me

Yes. – Naeun

What are you doing? – Me

Working – Naeun

Where do you work? – Me

Why do you have so many questions? – Naeun

It’s okay if you don’t want to tell – Me

A bakery stall called Fine Bread down the street where we first met – Naeun

Oh… Thanks for telling me, this shows that you are treating me as your friend – Me

I have always treated you as a friend – Naeun

Right you did… You never answer my calls and you seldom text me – Me

I am texting you now and other times I was busy – Naeun

What are you so busy about? – Me

Just busy – Naeun

It sounds more like you didn’t want to tell me – Me

It is difficult to say over the phone like that, and it is nothing important so stop pestering about it – Naeun

I am hurt – Me

 

And I waited for like 15 minutes, she didn’t reply.

Is she that busy?

After much contemplation, I headed out.

In no time, I reached the bakery shop that she was working at.

I walked in and saw her, she saw me as well and she froze a bit.

“Surprise!” I mouthed.

She didn’t say anything and she narrowed her eyes at me.

“I am busy and have no time to entertain you!” She pointed at me and mouthed those words.

I pouted but still stood there to watch her work.

But after a while, I realized that she was really busy and didn’t even look at me for straight 3 hours.

I gave up and headed out of the shop.

I walked to the back door of the bakery shop and leaned against the wall and waited.

After about another 3 hours, the back door opened and people walked out.

I saw them coming out one by one but didn’t see Naeun at all.

Instead, I went in and saw her mopping the floor.

I walked towards one of the table and she saw me.

“You are still here? Where were you waiting?” She asked, slightly shocked.

“Back door.” I pointed.

“I am really busy though, I have to mop the floor and wipe all the tables and clean the utensils later, I really have no time to entertain you…” She said.

I didn’t say anything but just stood up and went to the sink before I started rinsing and cleaning all the plates and utensils in the sink.

“Kai, what are you doing?” She asked.

“Washing the utensils, can’t you see?” I said.

“I mean, what do you think you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter