Just the beginning

All these little things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 - Just the beggining

 

(Krystal POV)

 

“Class, do remember your assignments arrasso? Okay, you can be dismissed!” Professor Choi reminded us before leaving the class.

“Pheww…” I let out a sigh

My first day in university is not that bad actually.

Chucking everything into my bag, I strode out of the classroom.

I have not really made any friends yet but it is okay so long as I have him.

I smiled brightly as he appeared and walked towards me, speaking of the devil.

“Jung Soo Jung, why are you smiling like an idiot? Are you that happy to see me?” He looked at me, amused.

“Tsk… You are being overly thick skinned again…” I .

“Uh-uh… This is confidence...” He smirked before pulling me into a hug, “I missed you… There is no one I can talk to in class…” He pulled away and pouted at me and I swear aegyo really suits him.

I chuckled at that, “Aww… you missed me huh? Now you know how important I am to you?” I questioned him playfully.

He nodded with a slight pout which made me chuckle again.

“What about you? How was your day? Made friends yet?” He suddenly asked me.

“Me? Nah...” I shook my head.

“I knew it! We have the same fate!” He laughed.

“Ya! What do you mean the same fate? I am not like you okay? I am just quiet that’s why I didn’t make any friends, but you are different, you are hopeless, if you can make just make one friend, that will be a total miracle…” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Wae? What’s wrong with me? Aren’t you my friend?” he pouted yet again.

“You always appear so cold, who would want to approach you? Be more friendly will you? At this rate, you can’t even get yourself a girlfriend…” I shook my head as I lectured him.

“Are you my umma? Just let it be, this is who I am, there is no need to change… Come! Let’s go and eat!” With that, he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him.

We ordered food and sat down, he started eating but I didn’t.

I kept looking at him until he noticed, “Ya, aren’t you going to eat?”

I continued to look at him before speaking, “Myungsoo ah, I have a question”, he looked at me with an odd expression before asking, “Are you going to confess to me or something?” and his comment made me rolled my eyes.

“Can you be more serious?” I snapped at him.

“I was just kidding… Okay, what do you want to ask?” He put down his chopsticks and looked at me.

“Why are we even friends?” I finally asked.

“Ya, what kind of question was that? Are you not happy that we are friends?” He frowned.

“Ani, what I meant was you are such a cold person, you like to be alone all the time, how did we even became this close?” I looked at him in the eyes.

“Why are you so sentimental all of a sudden? Let’s not talk about this… Let’s eat…” He avoided my question.

This is not the first time I asked a somewhat similar question like this and every time, he successfully avoided answering it. We have been friends since high school, we talked about anything and everything, he knows everything about me and I know everything about him except one, which is this.

I sighed after hearing his reply, loud enough for him to hear, “You are not answering again…” I looked back down to my food and started eating.

A wave of silence passed before he spoke, “Krystal, are you mad?”

Am I mad? Actually, I have no idea. I guess I was just curious.

Questions like, ‘Are you mad? Are you not feeling well? Should I wait for you after school?’, he never once asked any other people except me.

Someone like him who can be so warm towards me, is definitely able to do that to others as well but he chose not to and I want to know why.

I looked up at him and lied, “Yes…” and I continued eating.

“Fine, I will say then…” He finally gave in.

A smile crept up my face as he started, “Still remember how we first met?” He asked.

“Of course, you were totally a hero!” I beamed brightly at him.

He chuckled a little before continuing, “That day, I was going to the toilet during break time when I heard screaming and crying, at first I didn’t want to put myself into unnecessary trouble so I walked away but the screaming got louder and it reminded me of her…”

I was curious, “Who?”

But he ignored me and continued, “So I went to where the screaming came from and that was when I first saw you and I was so shocked, you really looked like her, a lot…”

I got impatient, “Who are you talking about?”

Still, he ignored my question, “Still remember when I saved you from those guys and you asked me why I saved you? Do you still remember what I said?”

I smiled at his question, “I remember… You said because it reminded you of an incident of your friend who got bullied as well so you don’t like seeing people getting bullied, right?”

“Yes, but that friend I mentioned was actually my ex-girlfriend…” He confessed.

My eyes widened, this is something that I didn’t know at all, even after being his friend for 3 years.

He looked at my shock expression, “Shock huh? Sorry for not telling you… Actually, the reason why I wanted to know more about you was also because of her…You two really looked alike…”

I tried to take in what he said, “You mean, I looked like your ex-girlfriend and that is why you saved me and be friends with me?” I stuttered a little.

“Yeah, not long before I met you, she passed away, it was so sudden and I didn’t even get to say goodbye. Since then, I started to shut people out of my life and eventually became an unfeeling person until I met you, you kind of brightened me up and walked me out of the mess…” He admitted.

“So… You… erm…” I didn’t know how to ask because I wanted to ask if he has those kinds of feelings towards me, after all, he took me as his ex-girlfriend plus all these years when we were friends, he was really nice and caring towards me, if people don’t know, our closeness may be misunderstood as boy-girl relationship in other people’s eyes.

“Are you trying to ask if I have special feelings for you?” He interrupted my thoughts as if he could read my mind.

I nodded awkwardly, “Yeah…”

He smiled at my actions, “Yeah I do…”

His answer shocked me as my eyes widened and looked at him with an unbelievable expression.

“Look at you… so shock…” He chuckled.

How can he still laugh?

“I have special feelings for you, the kind where I want to protect you, don’t want you to get hurt, want to comfort you when you are sad, want to be by your side when you are troubled, I like you a lot…” He paused.

I don’t even know how big my eyes became because of what he said, then he continued, “As a very close friend, yes you are a very special friend to me and I don’t want to lose you because of this… alright?”

Once he said that, I heaved a sigh of relieve, I really thought he like me for a moment, “You are scarring me oh my god, Kim Myungsoo…” I slapped him lightly in the arm.

“But I had to admit that I do like you when we just met but gradually I found that you are just you, although you two really looked alike but your characters are really different and that was when I started seeing you as my friend, my really close friend, and sometimes you are like a sister to me…” He smiled as he said the last part and ruffled my hair.

“I didn’t know about this part of you at all, you hid it so well, your past… but after saying it out, are you feeling much better?” I asked him worriedly.

“Yeah I am… I felt like a huge stone was lifted of my heart, I feel so much lighter…” He stretched his hands out.

“I feel so honored now, to be someone you share such personal stories to. But you should not only be nice to me, you should open up more and make more friends.” I nagged him.

“Aniya, I just feel that talking to them is unnecessary, but I do talk when I have to…” He looked at me with sincerity.

Immediately, my fist went to his head which caused him to groan in pain, “What kind of logic is that? Yo walk out of your past, you have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter