New Limb in The Family Tree

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another weekend arrived and as promised, the couple went driving around Seoul. They went around the city and had a lot of stops just to eat. A pregnant woman is a hungry woman, Donghae knows that because his wife is now eating for two. "Hun, let's go biking," Jessica suggested as she was munching food on the passenger's seat. "What? No, we can't. Actually, I can, but you can't, so I won't go, no," Donghae disagreed.

"But why?" The girl pouted in her seat.

"It's dangerous for you. Remember what the doctor said? You can't tire yourself."

"But riding a bike won't make me tired. A pregnant woman needs to focus on her happiness, therefore riding a bike will make me happy."

"Sorry, hun. You just need to be extra careful."

"Whyyyy," she was already whining.

He chuckled and looked at her. "Because you're pregnant."

"I just wanna ride a bike," she said tearing up.

"It's the hormones, Donghae," he reminded himself silently. The car stopped at a red light. He pulled her chin up so she could meet his eyes and stared at his teary eyed wife's brown orbs. "Don't worry, after you give birth, we'll ride a bike," he reassured her.

Jessica's eyes glistened when she heard this. "You promise?"

He smiled and nodded at her. "I promise."

With that, Jessica happily munched on her food. "Want some," she asked, bringing the food closer to his face.

He shooked his head before smiling and looking at her. "Nah, I'm good. You can finish it."

 

The couple was walking along the pathway beside the Cheonggyecheon Stream. Their hands were intertwined together, while they were eating ice cream on a chilly weather.  They kept walking until they were a bit far from the falls. Jessica saw the pathway in the middle of the stream that was made of stones. She let go of her husband's hand, which made him look at her. "Fishy, let's race going to the other side and going back," she challenged him. "B-" he was about to remind her of her saftey again for the nth time today, but she cut him off be,fore he could say anything. "Yeah, I know what you're gonna say, but we're just gonna walk, so no worries. And I promise that I'll be extra careful," she smiled at him. He sighed in defeat and just accepted her challenge. "What's gonna happen to the loser," he asked. "Well," she thought for a minute. "Ah," she said as an idea finally came to her. "The loser's gonna pay for dinner." Donghae laughed before he adked her. "That's all?" She nodded at him. "Okay," she said while turning to dace the opposite side of the stream. "Ready," he said. "Go," Jessica said before she took one step in front of her to cross the stream.

Jessica's steps were slow. She was really careful not to slip. "I'll go ahead of you," Donghae said as he waved to her while walking on the pathway beside her. Before he reached the other side, he looked back and saw that Jessica was sitting on the fifth step. "Sica, what's wrong," he asked as her started walking to her. "I'm scared," she told him. She was holding her ice cream tightly as she sat in the middle. Donghae finally arrived next to her and helped her up. "Come on. Let's walk together." He grabbed her hand tightly and laced her fingers with her. "Hae, I'm afraid that I might slip and the current will be taking me somewhere far and I'll be hitting stones and rocks on the way." He chuckled at his wife's fear when they reached the end of the pathway. "You see this," he raised their intertwined hands higher to her eye level. "I'll never let go of you, okay?" He kissed her hand and started to walk back to the other side. They were walking carefully, making sure that they won't miss a step (even if the steps were really wide and it's really impossible for one to fall).

"Well, I guess no one won the race?" She looked at her husband and nodded with a smile. They were already back to where they started. "Seems like it," she said. They started walking along the pathway beside the stream again with their hands still stuck like glue to each other. He let go of her hand to wrap his arm around her shoulder, while she wrapped her arm around his waist. They rode the car and drove to a restaurant for their dinner.

 

"Hun, wanna meet the parents tomorrow and tell them about this thing inside me," Jessica said as she pointed to her stomach. Donghae was chewing his food and looked at her confusedly. "About the steak inside you," he asked after swallowing his food. "No, pabo. I was talking about the baby," she laughed at him. "Right," he laughed at himself before he continued. "Right, I knew that. I'll call dad now so they can meet up with us tomorrow," he said befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter