Last Day with Soohyun

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is Sunday which means that Soohyun is going to be fetched by his parents later. Donghae woke up at 7:00 am and showered for five minutes before going to the room where their little visitor is staying at to check on him. Despite of the cold weather and the absence of the sun, he still got up early because his body reminded him that there was a kid in the house. "Kids are always early."

 

Slowly, he opened the door to Jessica's old room, careful not to disturb Soohyun in case he's still sleep. "Good morning, little guy."

Upon hearing Donghae's voice, he stopped playing with his blocks and looked at the person who was standing by the door. "Uncle Donghae! Good morning!"

"Seems like you're all smiles today." He walked to the bed and sat on the edge to ruffle his hair. "You're up early. Care to tell your uncle why you seem excited?"

Soohyun smiled wider that made his eyes disappear. "Mommy and daddy's gonna come back today!"

He chuckled at him before ruffling his hair again. "That's right, kiddo. You wanna eat breakfast?"

"Can I please have pancakes?"

"Sure."

"PANCAKES! YAY!" He jumped, then hugged Donghae. "Thank you!"

Donghae chuckled and stood up, carrying him to the bathroom. "Let's get you cleaned up first." He gave Soohyun a warm bath, helped him brush his teeth, got him dried up, and finally dressing him up.

 

Soohyun is seated on top of the kitchen counter, watching and waiting for his uncle to finish cooking three pancakes for him. After a few minutes, Donghae placed the pancakes on the plate, then carried Soohyun with his free arm. "Let's go to the dining area. Your pancakes are ready." He placed the plate on the table and helped him sit on the dining chair. "Eat up, kiddo."

 

Donghae is in the kitchen, while Soohyun is playing in the living room. While he was cooking, he suddenly heard tiny footsteps running up to him. "Uncle, what time is she gonna aunt gonna wake up?" He bent lower to his level and placed his hands on his knees. "Well, your aunt's a sleepyhead, so she wakes up a bit later in weekends." For a three year old, Soohyun was mature. "Oh, okay." He walked away and went back to the living room to play.

It was already 11 in the morning and the sun's rays are striking through the curtains of the master's bedroom. Jessica woke up shortly after Donghae, then went back to sleep. She was feeling lazy, as usual. The weather was no help at all. It just made her lazy even more.

"AUNT JESSICA, AUNT JESSICA, WAKE UP!" Jessica felt someone jumping on the bed that made her slowly open her eyes. "I'm up. Please stop jumping." She pulled Soohyun down, afraid that he might injure himself. Still half asleep, half awake, she was sitting with Soohyun sitting in front of her and Donghae standing by the door. "Aunt Jessi, let's eat. You missed breakfast because uncle said that you're a sleepyhead. Lunch is ready now." She rubbed her eyes just like a kid, then raised her thumb to him. "I'll just go to the bathroom and I'll be right downstairs." Jessica walked to the bathroom while holding her head. Donghae noticed this and got a bit worried. "We'll wait for you to go out of the bathroom," he said loud enough for his wife to hear. "Okay," she replied. While waiting for her, Donghae and Soohyun sat on the bed and swithed the the tv on. "Phineas and Ferb!" Soohyun exclaimed when he saw his favorite show was on.

 

After showering, dressing up, and combing her hair, she walked back to their bedroom and saw that the boys were watching cartoons. Seeing them enjoying Phineas and Ferb made her smile. "I thought we were gonna eat lunch?" She chuckled and sat beside them. "Can we please finish this," Soohyun begged her to finish the episode. "After that, it's time for lunch." Soohyun nodded and clapped. The couple laughed while looking at the kid. Seeing him happy made the two laugh because of his cuteness. As she faced the tv, Donghae's hand reached for her arm. "You okay," he mouthed to her. "Just a little dizzy because Soohyun jumped on the bed, but I'm fine," she mouthed back, then smiled.

 

The three of them were eating lunch happily. Just like how they ate in the restaura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter