Acting Insane

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Going to work was never the same. Sure, they still stop for breakfast and dinner, but in the car and while eating, not a word was said between the two. Donghae still bought food for Jessica and had it delivered to her office. He no longer goes to her office though. Instead, he'll wait in his office with the door open to see if Jessica finally walked out. It's been days since the fight and they're still not talking.

 

 

Today is the first time that they'll be attending a board meeting. They were formally introduced by their fathers to the board. After the meeting, everyone wanted to get to know the couple who will be taking over the company.

"You two look perfect for each other."

"The both of you are such a good combination."

"I'm very sure that the company will remain successful because of you two."

"The husband and wife tandem will make sure that the company's still at the top."

They bowed and smiled to thank each board member who complimented them while they stood side by side. Hearing these compliments made Donghae really happy, but Jessica was a bit annoyed. Everyone left the conference room and it was just the two of them.

"Tch, perfect combination my ," Jessica said before going out of the room. She really is getting too much. She's definitely becoming harsh. "Cut the crap, Jessica," he told her with his eyebrows lowered in the middle. She was starting to get on his nerves. "What did I do this time?!" Another argument is starting to arise when she askem him with an irritated tone. "You're being too much," he replied. "Whatever," she said before going out to leave the room. She went to her office which is located beside the conference room. She plopped down on her chair and went back to training. She was surprised to see her door swing open, revealing her husband.

"Weren't you supposed to knock?! You can't just barge in anytime you like!" She was yelling again. Less than a year of marriage and they've been fighting like a couple who's gonna get divorced soon.

"You're being really harsh! Fix that attitude of yours!"

"Who do you think you are? You're not my dad and definitely not my mom to tell what I'm supposed to do or what not to do!"

"I'm not your parent, but you're my responsibility now!"

"Why, b-" the couple heard a knock and it was Jessica's lunch. She motioned for the security to come in to bring her lunch. He bowed at the couple before leaving and they did the same. It's a good thing that he wasn't able to hear their voices raised at each other. Jessica continued where she left off. "Is it because you're my husband?! Don't use that card on me. We're just arranged, remember? And besides, I didn't ask you to look out for me and make me your responsibility!" Donghae just stood in front of her desk and sighed. "Right, I forgot. Sorry," he answered with sarcasm. "If you're done with that sarcasm of yours, you can now leave my office," she said to him with a calmer voice, though there was a hint of anger. "By the way, thanks for the meal." "No problem," he said to her before turning around to walk to the door.

"!" Donghae was about to turn the knob when he heard his wife. She grabbed a box of tissue to wipe her blazer. Her bottle of strawberry and grapefruit juice spilled on her white blazer. She still has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter