Mother's Day Special

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae woke up earlier than usual on a Sunday. After showering and getting dressed, he grabbed his coat and quietly headed outside the room that he shares with his wife. Before going downstairs, he opened the bedroom door of his daughter, then his son, checking on them. "Did I wake you," he asked when he saw his son sitting on the bed while rubbing his eyes. Austin shook his head while rubbing his right eye. Donghae walked inside and sat on his son's bed.

"Why are you up so early? It's only 6:40 in the morning. Go back to sleep, big guy."

"You said that we'll be surprising mommy in the morning."

"Yes, we'll be surprising mommy, but we'll do it later when I come back."

"Oh, you were just about to leave?"

Donghae nodded at his son's question. "That's the reason why I opened your door to check on you and your sister if you guys are still sleeping soundly."

"Sorry, daddy. I just got really excited about surprising mommy."

He ruffled his four year old son's hair before chuckling. "It's alright. Go to sleep first. It's still too early. I'll wake you up and your sister when I come back."

"See you later, daddy!" Austin's excitement was obvious, but he knows that he's not supposed to speak loudly because he doesn't want their surprise to be ruined. He gave his dad a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he went back to bed.

Donghae tucked the four year old back in before he left. He gave him a kiss on the forehead before going outside and quitely walking on the stairs. He wore his coat before going outside, knowing that it's going to be chilly out.

 

After driving shortly, he arrived to his destination. He went to a flower shop that is only 15 minutes away from home to pick up the flowers that he ordered. It was a good thing that he already ordered a bouquet of flowers two days before since most establishments open at 10 in the morning, while some even at 11. "Here you go, Mr. Lee. Just like the usual. Happy Mother's Day to Mrs. Lee!" The middle aged woman was all smiles as she handed the flower to him. "Thank you, Mrs. Cho. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!" He greeted the florist and bowed to her in respect. He payed for the bouquet, then drove back home.

"Flowers; done. Now I'll go wake up the kids." Donghae went back inside with the bouquet in his hand and ran up the stairs quietly. He opened the door to Austin's room and saw that his son was sleeping. He tapped him gently to wake him up, and he did.

"We'll be getting ready for mommy's surprise, right?"

He nodded at him and carried him out of his bed. "I'll go wake your sister. I'll leave these here first." He placed the bouquet on top of Austin's toy chest and went to his daughter's room. Just like how he woke up his son, he gently tapped on the little girl, who's just like her mom.

Ali started feeling that someone's tapping her arm and she could hear her dad whispering. "Later, daddy." She was hitting her dad's hand because her sleep was getting ruined.

"If you don't wake up now, you won't be a part of mommy's surprise."

"I'm still sleepy," she said in a sleepy voice. She shifted her position and had her back faced to her dad.

"Alison, don't let me tickle you."

Her eyes opened and she quickly faced her dad. "I'm up, daddy. See, my eyes are open!" Alison sat up while rubbing her eyes before standing up and going to her bathroom to brush her teeth.

Austin entered his sister's room and went beside their dad who was sitting on her bed. "I'm done."

"Let's just wait for your sister."

Alison walked out of her bathroom and went to her brother and father. "I'm done brushing my teeth."

"You wanna help me with mommy's breakfast?"

"Neeeeh!" The kids couldn't hide their excitement by jumping, but they were whispering.

 

The three of them was able to make their way quietly downstairs to the kitchen without making any noise.

"Daddy, can I break the eggs?" Donghae nodded at his daughter bedore giving the egg to her.

Austin looked at hos twin who was sitting beside her on the kitchen counter. "Als, do you know how?"

The little girl shook her head and looked at her dad.

Donghae smiled and shower her how to break the egg. "Do this on the bowl, but not too hard. After that, place your finger along the crack, then open."

"That's easy." Alison hit the egg on the bowl gently, just like how her dad taught her. She lifted the egg and looked for the cracked part of the egg shell before pulling the egg shells apart.

Austin kept laughing when the egg was crushed in her hands and both the yolk and egg white were on her hands. "You said it was easy."

"Think it's easy? You try it!" Ali's hands are being wiped on the paper towel by their dad.

He grabbed one egg from the try and tried breaking, but he didn't succeed as well. "Uh oh."

After wiping Ali's hands, he cut another piece of paper towel and used it to clean Austin's hands. "After your sister's done washing her hands, wash yours. I'll handle these. You guys can help me with the waffles." He started cooking the eggs, while the kids watched him. He took the pancake mix from the cupboard and started making waffles. Again, he broke the eggs, but since the kids wanted to do something, they mixed the batter and added the ingredients. The twins were busy mixing, while he removed the bacon from the pan.

He checked the batter and mixed it again before placing it on the waffle maker. The twins were really happy that they were able to help their dad in making food for their mom. He finished cleaning up with the help of the kids and finished 30 minutes past eight in the morning. "Alright kiddos, we're gonna surprise mommy." The kids

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter