Epilogue

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 years later

 

Donghae and Jessica's meeting with the board just finished. The husband and wife tandem were nervous before and during their their presentation for their new ideas, but it all faded away when the investors smiled and agreed with them. The head of the Jungs congratulated the two of them for always being at the top of the game. They've been running the company for four years and they're doing a wonderful job. "I'm proud of you, two. You really kept your words. The company's still one of the top companies in Korea. In fact, you kids gave it a higher ranking. We're all proud of you, two."

"Thanks, daddy. We're just keeping our promise." Jessica smiled at her father and thanked him with sincerity.

"Like we said before, dad. We don't wanna disappoint you and your best friend up there." Donghae pointed upwards while he referred to his father.

Mr. Jung smiled at them before telling them that he has to go, since it's getting quite late. The couple walked with him in front of the elevator to send him off and hugging him before he got inside.

"Now, we go," Jessica said while walking to her office with her husband and holding his hand. She let go of his hand as she went inside her office to get her bag before going back out and walking with him to his office to get his stuff.

After making sure that nothing was left, they made their way to the parking lot with their hands intertwined. Holding hands became a habit for these two. Before, it was only Donghae who wanted to hold her wife's hand when he was feeling scared, but now their hands were almost stuck like glue. If they're not holding hands, they'll either wrap their arm around the other or link arms.

 

They rang the doorbell and waited for someone to let them inside. "Hi, you guys! How did the meeting go? Hold up, don't answer that. Of course it was a success."

"Seriously, hyung. Next time don't answer your own question because no one would want to talk to you."

"At least I don't look like a fish," Leeteuk retorted.

"Oppa, maybe we can go inside now?" Jessica's eyebrows were raised at him with a thin smile.

Leeteuk stepped aside and let the two inside. "Right, sorry about that."

She chuckled at their friend. "It's alright. The kids must've drove you crazy."

The three of them went inside the house and saw that Taeyeon was sitting on the floor with the kids while helping them complete a puzzle. "Where do you think should that one be, Sunhee." She was asking her youngest child about the puzzle piece's proper location.

"Austin, Ali," Jessica called her children who were playing on the floor with their godmother and godsiblings.

"MOMMY!" The twins screamed while they ran to their mother who was kneeling on the floor to their level and opened her arms for a hug. The twins hugged their mom tight and kissed her cheeks at the same time.

"What about daddy? No hug and kiss for me," asked Donghae who just started to kneel beside his wife to have the same level as them. The kids let go of their mom and transferred to their dad to give him a tight hug anda kiss on his cheeks.

She stood up and went to the living room to say hello to her friend and giving her a hug before hugging her four year old goddaughter Sunhee, then the seven year old Soohyun. "Look at you, Soohyun. Each time I see you, you're getting more and more handsome!" She pinched Soohyun's cheek, while Sunhee laughed.

Taeyeon was smiling at the two of them. Even if Soohyun already has a mind of his own, Jessica still treats him like a son.

"Auntie, please don't do that. I'm a big boy now," he said while he held his right cheek that was pinched by Jessica.

Taeyeon's ahjumma laugh was heard, while everyone watched while smiling. "But you're still gonna be my baby boy, you know that!"

"Mom, I'm not a baby anymore! I'm a big boy!"

"Not with that height. You're still a baby to me." She ruffled her son's hair before finally talking to her friend. "They approved of it, right?"

Jessica nodded with a smile. "They liked it."

"I'm happy for you guys! You two are really the best."

"Thanks, Taeng. We're going now. Thank you so much for picking up the kids and letting them stay here agaian. It-"

"No problem, Sica. I understand that you guys have a meeting that's why you coukdn't come to pick them up. They're like my kids too, so it's really no big deal.

"Austin, Ali, say goodbye to Soohyun and Sunhee," Donghae told his kids before leaving the Parks' residence.

Austin and Alison did what they were told and hugged their godsiblings goodbye. "Let's finish this puzzle next time," said Alison.

"See you guys next time," greeted Soohyun to his dongsaengs.

After giving Soohyun and Sunhee a hug, they hugged their godmother before leaving. "Thank you, Aunt Taeyeon," they said in unison.

"You're welcome kids. See you soon!"

"What about your uncle?"

The twins went to him next and hugged him as well. "Thank you, uncle. Till next time!"

The Park family walked the Lees until their gate and waved to them, waiting for the car to leave before going back inside.

 

"Since it's Friday, you kids wanna go somewhere?" Donghae asked his kids while driving and quickly looking at the rearview mirror before looking back on the road.

"Not really," Austin answered shortly.

"We can go home now. We know you guys are tired from the meeting," Alison added.

Jessica looked at her husband and he did the same to her. Both of their faces had a smile on it. They're not only blessed with mature kids, but they're also understanding. The kids are already exposed to their parents' world at a young age. Everyday, a maid and a driver don't bring them to school, unlike some kids with busy parents. Their parents drive them to school and fetch them as well. After picking them up from school, they'll ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter