After The Storm

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week since Jessica got discharged from the hospital. Donghae has just started going to the office since last Monday, but he wouldn't stay for long. He will leave work thirty minutes before the clock four. While he goes to the office, Sunny would be staying at their house and wait until he comes home. Sunny tried talking to her and even used aegyo, but it wouldn't work. Jessica will only look at her and blink before facing her back at the girl and pulling her blanket higher. "Oppa, I miss the old Jessica who's always laughing and talking to me," Sunny told her older cousin when he came home from work the other day. "I'm sorry. Thank you for spending the week with her. See you next Monday," he hugged his younger cousin before saying goodbye. He walked with her to the gate and closed it when Sunny drove off. He let out a sigh after closing the front door.

 

"Sica," he called her as he turned the knob. He saw the food tray on the bed and saw that her food was untouched. He smiled a sad smile at her as he walked closer to the girl who was sitting down on the bed, while her back was resting on the headboard. He sat beside her on the side of the bed and kissed her forehead. "Are you hungry?" She was just staring at the the wall in front of her. "Don't you wanna eat?" She moved her eyes and looked at her hands that were resting on her stomach. "Hun, you have to eat." With that, she laid on her back and pulled her blanket higher to her chest. She closed her eyes and started to sleep. Whenever she's alone, she'll be crying herself to sleep. All she did was cry and sleep. Her stuff was brought back to her by the police, but she left her phone switched off. She knows that there will be a lot of sympathetic messages, and Jessica doesn't want to see any of that. It's been two weeks since she lost her daughter and a single word wasn't heard from her since she found out about it.

Donghae looked at her back that was turned to him. He decided to stand up and take the food tray downstairs. Ever since he went back to the office, he no longer eats lunch outside and eats his lunch at home. Actually, that lunch isn't prepared for him. It was Jessica's. For the past two weeks, his wife's food was always untouched. He sat on the dining chair and ate alone. He stopped eating even if his plate was still half full. He's slowly starting to lose his appetite completely. He washed the used plate and utensils before drinking water and going upstairs. He slowly opened their bedroom door and went straight to their bathroom and got cleaned up, then changing into comfortable clothes. Jessica was already in a deep slumber when he was about to exit their room. He painfully looked at her from the door and he started to tear up. He shut his eyes to stop his tears and walked closer to her. Again, it's just one of those times that Jessica's shaking in her sleep with her cold sweat on her body and her tears falling from her eyes. He went to his spot on their bed and wrapped his arm around her, waking her up. "I'm here, don't worry. They won't hurt you anymore. I'm here, Sica." He hugged her tight, but she would just sit there and let him hug her. After calming down, she pushed him away, releasing herself from the hug.

Jessica laid back on the bed, facing the window with her back faced at him. Donghae got a towel and wiped the sweat on her forehead and face. After doing so, he laid next to her, wrapping his arm around her waist. When she felt his arm, she lifted his arm and removed it from her waist. It's been like this for the past two weeks. He would only hug her when she's in a deep slumber and fall asleep with his arm draped around her, just like before. He was saddened by this, but he knew that she wanted to be alone. He looked at her and squeezed her shoulder lightly before going to the door to make his way out of their room.

 

He was sitting in their tv room downstairs, watching a game of soccer. He was different from his usual self. He usually cheers for a soccer team and jump around, but he was just sitting on the couch while looking at the tv, not caring about the game. His mind was somewhere else. Only one thing was filling his mind and it was his wife. The past two weeks were extremely difficult. Not just for Jessica, but also for him. His phone started ringing and it was a call from the police officer. "Yes, officer? Okay, what's up with them? Okay, that's great to hear. Thank you so much." He was informed that Yuri will be charged with attempted double homicide and kidnapping, while Jaejoong will be charged with kidnapping. "This is something to be happy about."

Donghae sat in the living room while staring at the ceiling. It's starting to get dark outside and the weather's getting colder each day. He sighed while things kept running on his mind. He stood up and went to the piano and started playing. "Damn it," he said as he messed up. He started hitting the keys when he can no longer play properly. "I think I need some fresh air."

"Happy Friday, Donghae. Your wife's not talking to you," he said to himself as he was walking in their backyard, with a soccer ball in his hand. He dropped it to the ground and played alone. He kept kicking the ball until it hit the wall and kicked it harder.

 

​"Mommy!" Jessica was sitting on a bench while reading a book. "Mommy," she heard the voice of the kid again that seems to be looking for her mom. "Is the child lost? I keep hearing her looking for her mom," she thought to herself. Not long after, she heard footsteps. Those were the footsteps of a running child. The kid stopped running and walked to her. "Hi there little girl," she smiled at the kid who sat beside her and closed her book.

The kid looked at her and smiled.

"Are you lost?"  

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter