Goodbye and Thank You

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Donghae was lying down on his bed, he was thinking about Jessica. "She's starting to become nice. Is she actually starting to warm up to me," he said while talking to himself. "Well just like what I said before, a little love is better than none, so I'll prefer to stay like this," he smiled. He suddenly dozed off to dreamland without him noticing. In Jessica's room, she was holding the wedding ring on her ring finger. She kept rubbing it with the back of her right hand's index finger. "Was it because I felt something during the kiss," she asked herself. Yes, when Donghae kissed her in her office, she felt something. It was like electricty that went down her spine. "Or the fact that my father in law has an illness that's why I'm being like this to him," she still asked herself. "But he has friends that could comfort him. It's probably because of the kiss and my father in law just added up to it. Well, I'm gonna sort out my feelings first. Now's not the time to think about it." She still rubbed the ring and after a few minutes, she fell asleep.

 

 

They got through the past week while going to the hospital and staying there the whole day on weekends with their families. Today's another Monday and as the couple drove to the office, they were having a good laugh. "You know, you look like someone," Jessica told her husband. "What, I look like a fish," asked Donghae. She gave him a good look and gasped. "Oh my gosh, you do," she laughed. He smiled when he heard her laugh. "My friends tell that to me a lot," he said to her. "That was really funny," she tried calmed herself down. "I know, I know. Once you see it, you can never unsee," he said.

In their respective workplaces, they kept themselves busy. Jessica's dad dropped by and checked on them for a bit. He was going to the hospital. He eactually goes there everyday. "Will you still visit him before you two go home," the older Jung asked Donghae. He was preparing to leave. Donghae nodded with a smile. "It was nice to see you two again. I'll be going now," he said to his son in law. He went back to Jessica's office and said bye. Time passed ans it was already lunch. Jessica grabbed her stuff and walked out her door. She was planning to knock on Donghae's office door. To her surprise, he came out the same time that she did. "Well, that was so in sync," he chuckled and Jessica only smiled. When they got off the elevator, they walked to the car in the parking lot. They were eating out again.

 

"What did dad tell you," she asked her husband after swallowing her food.

"He just checked on me quickly, then asked me if we'll be visiting later," he answered.

"It was pretty much the sme thing," she said. "But he actually seems like he's in a hurry," she continued.

"Yeah I noticed that as well. He looked as if he was gonna run," he told her his observation.

Before Jessica could speak, her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID and picked it up. "Hey dad, what's up," she asked her father in straight english. "Yeah we'll visit later. We already told you. Later means now? Okay, okay, we'll be there," she said to the man in the other oine. When Donghae heard this, he looked at her and drank his water. He was getting ready to leave while Jessica grabbed the table napkin. "See you there. Bye," she hung up with him. She wiped before she drank her water, then wiped it again. They were unsuspecting with the sudden call. They paid for their meal and left the restaurant.

 

Donghae was walking with his hand in his pocket when they got in the hospital building. "Dad's probably gonna get discharged today," he said happily to his wife. "They probably called us so we can go out to celebrate afterwards," she smiled at him. "We just had lunch though," said Donghae. "Then we'll be eating lightly," Jessica explained to him. They were in the floor where the hospital room of the Lee patriarch is located. Donghae even skipped while walking while Jessica just laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter