Just an Act

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae unlocked the car after going over to Jessica's side. "I have hands. You don't have to open the door for me," she told him with her dead, expressionless, annoyed tone before flashing him a deadly glare. "So-" he was cut off as he watched Jessica go inside the car. Knowing that he embarrassed himself, he went to the driver's seat and started the car's engine.

"Sica, I'm sorry about what happened," he looked at her when the car stopped because of the stoplight. Jessica was playing with her iPad. She brought it for the drive going to the event. "Just forget it," she responded without looking at him. She was still looking at her iPad, then the stoplight turned green.

"What will we do during the party?" Donghae's really trying to make their first car ride as a married couple memorable. Her eyebrow raised, thinking that this guy's really an  idiot. "You haven't been to a party?" She managed to divert her attantion away from her iPad. "Of course, I have. I mean, a lot of people are gonna be there." "I see where you're going now. You expect us to be all sweet to each other? There's no way that's gonna happen." She laughed at that lame thought. "But everyone expects us to be in the-" "Yeah, those people expect us to be in the honeymoon stage, but it's already 6 months, so no." Donghae tapped his fingers on the wheel while thinking for a bit. "Okay fine, but you can't show them that we're not actually close," he looked at her and she looked at him. "Then we'll do what normal couples do. If that's what they want to see, then we'll please them. It's that easy," she sighed after noticing how stressed her husband was because of this. She started watching a movie in her iPad with her earphones tucked inside her ears. She was shutting him out again.

 

Everyone had their eyes to the car that just arrived. It was the couple that they've been waiting for. Donghae and Jessica Lee. "I'm gonna open your car door. Don't even bother opening it," he told her before unlocking the car door and going over to the pasenger side to open his wife's door for her. He helped her out of the car, then she clung her arm on his. They were smiling and greeting everyone while walking arm in arm. As they walked inside, fewer people were in the hall. "Letting people see what they want to see. They're already believing this act. Makes us easier to pretend for the whole night," she made sure that she kept her voice low. She smirked with the thought of decieving those people. "Yeah, this is all just an act. This is just pretending. We're just pretending," Donghae said in his mind.

The two were seated in the table with their parents. "Good evening everyone," it was Donghae's dad who spoke at the podium. "As you all know, we're gathered here tonight for a very important announcement. My company has merged with the company of my good friend and in law," Jessica's dad stood up and bowed to the guests. "He has a few words to say to all of us." Everyone was clapping for the Jung's patriarch who took his place at the podium. "Well, since our companies has merged, our children will be taking over. Since their respective trainings are still ongoing, they will officially handle the company next year. Donghae, Jessica, please show yourselves to the guests." The pair stood up and bowed before sitting back down.

 

The party was finally done. Everyone asked them how they met. They answered them truth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter