A Break Well Spent

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's dad decided that the office will be closed for the week. She was busy making breakfast downstairs when she heard Donghae's footsteps. "You need help with breakfast," he asked her which made her turn. "Nah, I can do it. Just go and watch first. I'll go call you when food's ready," she said to him. "You sure?" She didn't bother to look at him when she heard him ask again. "Very." With that, Donghae went to their tv room and watched a baseball game. He was sitting in a lazy manner. After twenty minutes, Jessica went to tell him that the food's been made. He got on his feet and walked to the dining room with her. "Eat up," she said as he sat down in front of him. They were eating when Donghae suddenly opened his mouth to speak.

"Sica," she chewed while looking at him. "Do you have any plans for today," he asked his wife.

"I don't think I do. Why?"

"Is it okay if you'll go with me?"

"Yeah, sure. What time will we leave?"

"Around eleven. Would that be okay?"

"Totes. We only got an hour, so eat."

She noticed something in his eyes, they were a bit swollen. "Did he cry last night or he stayed up late to watch," she asked in her mind. He was the first one to finish eating, so he stood up and brought his dishes to the sink.

"Hae, I'll w-"

"No, I'll do it. Just go and get ready," he smiled at her.

"Okay, then." She went upstairs and went in the bathroom. After Donghae washed the dishes, he did the same thing. Jessica had no idea where they'll be going. She wanted to ask, but she can already feel that they'll be going to the cemetery. She went downstairs to wait for her husband. As she she was waiting, she played the piano and played. "All Too Well by Taylor Swift?" She stopped when she heard his voice. "How long have you been standing there," she asked him. "Don't worry, I just got off the stairs. It was only as if on cue that you finished. Come on," he smiled at her and headed out the door.

In the car, Jessica still doesn't know if she should ask where they're going, but she eventually did. "By the way, I still don't know where we're going." Donghae kept his eyes on the freeway. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you. My bad. We're going to the beach," he looked at her and smiled. "We're not going there to swim, right," she asked him. "No, but if you want to, then you can," he answered. "Great. I don't wanna go swimming in this chilly weather."

 

After a long drive, they finally arrived to their destination. When they got off the car, they walked to the middle and stood together, side by side. "Thank you," he said to her while he was looking at the waves. "Huh," she was confused when she heard him. "Thanks for coming with me here," he turned to face her, so she did the same. "It's no big deal," she smiled at him.

"Thanks for holding my hand after the funeral and for letting me sleep on your shoulder during the wake."

"It's nothing. You needed my hand, so I lent it to you. Plus, you'll break your neck if your head will slide."

"Right, it's nothing," he thought. "You know," she spoke again. "You made the right choice to go here instead of locking yourself in your room and sulking."

"I'm sure dad wouldn't want that as well," he looked at the ocean again.

She turned to face the ocean and spoke. "Yeah, he would want you to get along with your life. He's that kind of person. Dad always told me that about him," she smiled.

"True. He doesn't like moping around and being sad for a long time," he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter