Roadtrip

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was driving to the airport. Her parents were at the back, while her husband was riding shotgun. She stopped at the departure area in SFIA and all of them got off the car. Donghae went to the back of the vehicle and got his in laws' stuff and dropped it on the ground. "So, we'll be seeing you two next week," said Jessica's mom. They nodded with a smile. They hugged the older couple as they said goodbye. After seeing that they've walked inside, they got inside the car, this time with Donghae driving.

 

The car was running on the freeway while they were listening to Ryan Seacrest on the radio. Donghae suddenly looked over to his wife who was looking out the window, looking at everything that they'll pass by.

"Sica, go to sleep first."

"I'm fine. I'll just watch something first," she smiled at him.

"You might feel sleepy later. We've got 6 hours more to go," he said with concern in his voice. They were on their way to LA.

"It's okay. Don't worry, I can stay awake." She took her iPad out and switched it on.

"You might not have the energy to drive later."

"Please, I can stay awake in a roadtrip," she flipped her hair.

"Really? I bet you can't stay awake for the next hour," he smirked.

"Wanna bet," she looked at him with one eyebrow raised up.

"Seriously?"

She looked out the window again and thought of the payment for the bet. "If I don't fall asleep, we'll only follow my plans. That means if I wanna go shopping, you can't refuse."

"What happens of you fall asleep, then?"

"If I fall asleep within the next hour, I'll be paying for all our meals, plus we'll do whatever you like." Jessica's head turned to look at him again. "Deal?"

"Deal." They shook hands as they went back to minding their own business again. Jessica's eyes were glued on her iPad. She was watching American Horror Story to help her stay awake.

 

Donghae's been driving for two hours. They've had two stopovers for bathroom breaks and for food. "Still not sleepy," he asked his wife who was nodding her head to the beat of the song on the radio. "Not at all, hun," she smirked. "We still have an hour left before we switch. A lot can happen in an hour, hun," he smirked as well. "We'll see about that, fishy." She grabbed her bag from the back seat and took her sour patch kids out of her bag before putting it again at the back. "Want some," she offered him. "No, thanks," he smiled lightly. She was done with her marathon and watched Frozen. He looked at her swiftly before focusing back on the road.

"You're watching Frozen?"

"Mhm. Little Elsa and Anna were so adorable."

"One day, we'll have our own," he whispered so she wouldn't hear.

"Were you saying something," she looked at him.

He shook his head before he looked at her. "None at all."

"Okay then," she said before looking back at the screen.

After three musical numbers, the intro for Love is an Open Door could be heard. "Can you turn the volume up," he asked her. She paused the video and looked at him. "Do you know the words to the song," she asked him. Donghae nodded his head before he looked at her. "Why?" Jessica didn't answer why, but she just grabbed her phone out of her pocket and placed it on the dashboard. "I'm gonna leave this here. Let's make our first road trip memorable," she smiled. "Oh, so we'll lip sync?" She nodded before she resumed the movie. The two were lip syncing to the song and they were having a blast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter