Sick Day with Sunny

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since they arrived in Korea and they were back to work. Upon their arrival, they rested for three days before going back to the company. There was another board meeting and Jessica sat across from her husband. When everyone was out of the conference room, her dad and husband stayed. "Hun, you okay," Donghae asked her. "Yeah, I'm fine," she cleared before she nodded. "You look tired, sweetie. It's okay if you'll go home now," her dad told her. "No, it's okay, dad. I can still do my work," she smiled lightly at her father. "You sure you're okay? I was only sitting across from you and I noticed that you keep on holding your head from time to time," her husband said worriedly. "Sweetie, I think you need to go home. You're probably having a migraine. Son, you two go home now," the older Jung decided for her daughter. "B-" "No buts, missy. You'll be going home now."

While they were walking in the parking lot to get the car, Jessica kinda lost her balance. It was a good thing that they were holding hands, so Donghae was able to support her body right away. They stopped walking for a while and Jessica closed her eyes for a bit before she opened it while taking a deep breath. "What are you doing," she asked in confusion when he suddenly let go of her hand and stood in fron of her. He lowered his position, as if he was about to sit on the ground. "Get on my back. Seems like you couldn't walk properly," he said to her. "What? I just wobbled twice today," she giggled. "Just get on my back," he was offering to carry her. "Naah. You might hurt yourself, hun," she told him. He turned his to the back and looked at her. "I already carried you and you were not even close to heavy." Shegiggled  again before she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Fine, I'll let you piggyback me," she said giving up. He grabbed her legs and carried her all the way to the car. The guards were looking at them while smiling. Donghae opened the car door for her before she stood up. She went in the car by herself, but Donghae wasn't letting go of her hand until she got settled inside. "You can go to the other side now," she told him before smiling at him.

"Hun, thanks for carrying me," she smiled at him.

He smiled back at her and grabbed her hand. "You're very welcome," he said before kissing her hand. "Let's eat lunch first before going home."

"I think that would be great."

"Hun, what are you feeling right now," he turned his head away from the road and looked at her.

"I'm just a bit tired, that's all," she smiled lightly before she rubbed her thumb on the back of his hand.

"Why? Last time I checked, we slept early last night. We d-"

"I know, I know. You don't have to say it. I provably woke up on the wrong side of the bed that's why I'm feeling like this? I don't know. I habe no idea."

"You didn't skip your meals or anything. You must be fatigued from work."

"Most probably. The vacation gave me tons of paperwork left on my desk."

"And you want everything done as fast as possible. I told you not to stress yourself," he let out a sigh as he rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand.

They arrived in the restaurant and ate their lunch before they headed home. They had a great chat, but it was mostly Donghae scolding Jessica. He was telling her not to overwork herself. He also told her that she should've stayed at home the whole day if she was already feeling a bit off. He was shifting from a husband to a mom, then back to being a husband as they were eating.

 

"Hi, dad. Yes, we're at home now. She's currently upstairs preparing for bed. No probelm, dad. Will do, okay, bye," Donghae ended the call with his father in law. He informed the older Jung that they've arrived home. After the call, he headed upstairs with a glass of water. He opened the door gently, afraid that he might disturb Jessica's slumber. "Hun, you should sleep now," he reminded her when he saw that she was already in bed with both of her eyes open, searching stuff on her phone. He placed the glass on her bedside table before he went to get paracetamol in the medicine cabinet. "Drink this," he said while handing it to her. "You might have fever soon, so it's better to prevent it," he smiled at her. She drank the medicine and laid on the bed, letting go of her phone. "I'll go get changed first, 'kay?" She nodded with a small smile on her face.

He joined her in bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter