A Surprise in Wonderland

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their conversation, the couple continued walking, but this time they walked in silence. His arm was placed around her shoulder while her arm was placed around his waist. "You hungry," Donghae asked his wife, breaking the silence. "Kind of," she answered while looking at him, then smiled. "Let's turn around then." They walked back to where they came from and Jessica couldn't help but notice the house that clearly wasn't there months ago. "Hae, have you seen that house here before?" He turned his head to the direction of the house and stopped walking in front of it. "Nope. It's probably new." She pulled her husband and made their way to the car. "I really couldn't stop myself from looking at that house. We passed by in front of it twice and it's really getting my attention. I even looked at it from the moment we arrived." Donghae opened the door for her before riding the car. "Why, because it's too pretty?" She nodded at him. "It really is," she added.

The car stopped and it wasn't far from its spot earlier. "Are we here? Why did you park here?" Jessica was confused when she noticed that they were at the other side of the house that she saw earlier. "Because we're here." Her eyebrows met in the middle because of confusion. She just stepped out of the car when her husband opened the car door for her. "Come on," Donghae said as he tugged on his wife to go inside with him. He unlocked the door and opened the door for them.

"So this is like a house that you can rent? Something like a private resort," she asked him when she stepped inside.

He looked at her and nodded. "Yeah, something like a private resort."

"I thought we're eating."

"Yeah, we are. I'll be cooking dinner." He smiled at her before remiving his watch.

"No, let me cook dinner. Just go around the house first or watch tv."

"B-"

"No buts, hun. You always cook dinner, so let me do it this time." He kissed her hair and proceeded to do his work in the kitchen.

Jessica didn't want to argue with him, so she didn't fight her husband's order. She walked around the house and opened each door. There were five bedrooms in the house, four upstairs and the other one was located downstairs. "The house is really new since the other rooms are still not furnished," she said to herself as she sat down on the couch to watch tv. "The owners are still probably shopping for furniture so they let Hae rent it so they could use the money." She watched Law & Order while waiting for her husband to cook dinner. Unconsciously, she fell asleep while watching.

 

Donghae finished preparing dinner after an hour. After placing the food on the table along with a bottle of wine, he made his way to her wife who was lying down on the couch. "Hun, fo- she must've been tired from work and from crying earlier." He slowly tapped shook his wife's sleeping figure on the couch. "Hun, wake up. Dinner's ready." After ten minutes, his sleepyhead wife finally opened her eyes. "Hun, food's ready. Get up now." Jessica looked at the tv, then her husband. "I didn't know, I fell asleep." He laughed at her, then kissed her hair. She stood up from the couch, with the help of her husband. Her hand was in his as they walked to the dining area. Being the gentleman that he is, Donghae pulled the chair for Jessica. "Aww, thanks, hun." She smiled at him.

As they were eating their meal, she stood up and ran to the living room. "What happened? Do you hate the food?" Donghae was confused why she suddenly left the dinner table. From his seat, he peeped at her and saw that she was getting something from her bag. While walking back, she shook her head at his question and laughed. "There's no way that I'll hate your cooking. I just forgot to give you something. You already showered my office with flower petals, then left the bouquet on my desk and the watch on my seat. I just remembered that I haven't given your gift yet, so here it is. Happy anniversary." She handed the box to him and smiled. He took the box from Jessica, then opened it. It was a watch and after removing it from the box, he felt that something was also engraved at the back.

Check the time; I love you right now.

He smiled after reading those words. After reading what was on the back of the, he stood up from his seat and hugged her. "Thanks, babe. I love it, but I love you more." He felt her hand hitting his chest.

"You're so cheesy," she said while her face is buried on his chest.

"But it's my cheesiness that makes you blush every single time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter