Truth

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple were on their way out when they heard an ambulance. It stopped in front of the restaurant and they halted their steps when they saw that the manager assisting the medical team to go inside. Jessica was so worried that she grabbed Donghae's arm when she saw the team went in. Donghae pulled Jessica out of the restaurant and go to the parking space. They got settled inside the car when they saw the body on the stretcher being carried in the ambulance. "Dad," she said as she saw her father walk out, following the people who are going inside the ambulance. Her husband's eyes widened, then he suddenly jumped out of the car.

"Dad," Jessica called. Her dad was inside the ambulance, sitting beside the body when he turned to look at her. The couple ran to get closer to the vehicle. The Jung's patriarch got off the ambulance to talk to them. "What's happening here," Donghae's eyes were filled with worry when he asked his father in law. He saw his dad lying down on the stretcher. "You two just go to the office first. We'll be explaining everything," he instructed them. After tapping Donghae's shoulder and kissing Jessica's hair, he went back inside the ambulance to accompany his best friend to the hospital.

 

Jessica drove from the restaurant back to the office. She didn't let Donghae drive sunce she saw how scared and worried he was. He was trying to keep his cool, but she knows that his insides were shaking. They rode the elevator together and Jessica decided to speak.

"Hae, you can call in sick if you want."

"No, it's fine," he gave her a small smile. Her tone was different. It was really soft and he prefers it better than the usual.

"Are you sure? You can go to the hospital or you can go home to rest."

"It's alright, Sica. I'll finish my work first."

They went to their respective offices when the elevator door opened. Jessica tried to do her work, but her mind was occupied with thoughts. Thoughts about her father in law. Was he okay? What could've happened to him? She was worried, but she managed to work somehow. She will stop reading after some time to think about the event that happened when they went out for lunch. In Donghae's office, it was pretty much the same thing. He was really worried about his dad that he stopped working. He rested his back comfortably on his seat, showing tiredness and sadness. He then stood up and walked to the window and looked at the view behind the glass. He sighed deeply while his hands were in his pocket. He doesn't know what to do anymore. Questions were clouding his mind. Was his dad sick? Was it something that he ate? Did he slip?

A knock was heard on his door. He seemed like he didn't hear the knock since he gave no response. The person who was knocking outside decided to open the door even if not a single response was heard. It was Jessica. She closed the door when she set foot inside his office. "Hae," she called out to him. She rarely calls him Hae. He wasn't turning around. She walked to her husband who was looking throught the window. "You should've went home," she said when she stood beside him. She was looking out the window as well.

"I actually thought that I could do stuff," he said to her. They were talking while looking at the view outside. "I don't want to be rude, but why are you here," he turned to face her. He was curious. She faced him before she answered. "I went here to see if you're doing fine. You can go home and get some rest. Your mind's occupied right now," she suggested. "It's okay, Sica. I'll just wait for you to finish," he curved his lips up a little. Donghae's phone was ringing on the table. It was Jessica's dad. "Yes, dad? He's awake? Okay, thank you." He sighed then kept his phone in his pocket. Without a word, Jessica turned her heel to walk back in her office. After a minute, she opened Donghae's door again. "Let's go," she told him. Donghae was surprised, but he started walking out of his office.

It was Jessica who drove again. He was anxious and his heart was racing. After twenty minutes of driving, the couple reached the hospital. They proceeded to the fourth floor where his dad was admitted. After turning the knob, they saw their mothers in the room as well. The couple bowed as soon as they entered. "You're here now," the Lee patriarch spoke in a weak voice. "Dad, what happened," Donghae asked his father. He was standing by his dad's hospital bed with Jessica beside him. Donghae's dad looked at his wife and in laws, as if he was asking the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter