Brand New Day

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica heard a knock on her door. She asked the other person to go in, but she was surprised that no food was brought for her. It was Donghae. "What are you doing here? Last time I checked you were still asleep," she told him for she was really surprised to see him. "I couldn't stay home. I gotta work," he smiled at her. "Wanna go out for lunch," he asked his wife. "Well, I can't see a reason for me to say no," she smiled a little at him. She grabbed her belongings and headed out the door with him. In the car, Jessica started a conversation with him. "So what time did you arrive fow work?"

"Eleven o'clock sharp. Why," he turned his eyes away from the road and looked at her.

"I thought you just arrived when you went to my office. What time did you sleep last night?"

"It was pretty late, I guess. Around eleven? I can't really remember."

"Why did you sleep late," she looked at him.

"It's because you were scared, so just to be sure, I waited for the rain to stop," he smiled then lookd at his wife.

Jessica felt bad about hearing this. "He would really do that for me," she thought.

"Thank you for waiting for the rain to stop," she said to him with a small smile.

"It's no big deal. By the way, thank you for the pancakes," he thanked her, then smiled at her.

"Wait, you went to the office with your car, right?"

"Nope," he shook his head. "I didn't bring a car. I rode the subway." Jessica only nodded her head. They just had a normal conversation. "Are things starting to change," Donghae thought to himself. He just smiled at the thought that she's becoming nicer to him and they just had a normal conversation. No fights, no yelling, no irritated tones, no planning to pretend for an event, no awkward atmosphere, but just a normal conversation.

 

As they were eating, they talked about Donghae's dad. The feeling of worry couldn't be taken away from the two. Their dads lived as if they were siblings. They were the bestest of friends sice they were in elementary. Though Jessica only goes to. Korea for vacation, she knows that her father in law was a very kind person. He treated her as if she was his daughter. He would even send gifts for her in the States. She's hoping and praying that nothing bad will happen to him.

 

While they were on their way to back to the office, they had a lighter conversation. They talked about work, work, and work.

"I swear, learning all the ropes is really stressful for me," said Jessica.

Donghae chuckled at her complaints "I was like that at first, but you'll eventually get used to it."

"But to be really honest, I find it better to be busy than actually doing nothing."

"That's actually true."

The two arrived in the building and they continued what they were doing before they ate out for lunch.

 

The day in the office ended when Donghae went to Jessica's office. When he let himself in after knocking, he was already making his way to the couch when he saw her stand up. She grabbed her bag and she was ready to leave. "What, you don't wanna leave?" Donghae was surprised that Jessi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter