A Rat in the House

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow Mrs. Jessica Lee! That's how you're gonna greet me?"

"Of course I didn't know that you were coming! How do you expect me to react?!"

"I was expecting that you'd be jumping and yaying, but guess I was wrong. Seems like you're not quite happy to see me," the person at the gate said in a baby voice.

"What the- you should've told me that you were coming, not barge in here and give me a heart attack, you little rat!"

"There's a thing called 'surprise,' you know. And it means that you're supposed to keep quiet about it, duh! You know what, I'm just gonna go to your parents' house. Maybe my aunt and uncle will give me a warmer welcome."

"Krystal! Get your inside this house," she ordered her younger cousin who was already walking away from their house and started walking towards the bus stop, which is a couple of walks away.

With her tiny suitcase, she turned around and ran to her older cousin, just like how a kid would run to her mom when she gets picked up on the first day of school. She hugged Jessica tight, almost suffocating her and even kissed her cheek.

"Let go. Can't breathe. My clothes are gonna have creases."

"Okay, there." After releasing her cousin from the hug, she closed the gate and carried her stuff, then proceeded inside with her. "Jess, can I tell you something?"

Waiting for what she was going to say, she raised her eyebrow and looked at her while sitting in front of the piano.

"You're so freaking grumpy and it's early in the morning! Like, can you not!"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "That's the point. It's early in the morning, duh!"

"No one told you to wake up early," she mumbled while playing with her phone while lying on the couch.

"Even with the sound of the piano, I know that you're mumbling." Jessica was playing the piano until Krystal interrupted her. "What?"

"Aren't you gonna cook breakfast? Donghae oppa might wake up any time."

She shut the keyboard with its cover and smiled at Krystal. "Can you please cook breakfast for today?"

Krystal gave her an are-you-kidding look and crossed her arms on her chest. "I had a 12 hour flight and after scolding me, you're asking me to cook breakfast?"

"Pweeeeease??"

"Okay, I'll cook. You're already old. Don't use the puppy dog eyes and baby voice. Doesn't suit you at all."

"Says the grown up who did the same thing earlier."

She rolled her eyes at her and made her way to the kitchen. "Jess, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Bacon! I also want eggs and waffles."

 

Donghae walked out of their room already dressed up for work. "Sica woke up early to cook breakfast?" He smelled the bacon and eggs that were resting on a plate on the table. He was a bit worried for his wife who got up early, knowing that she had a stressful day before. As he was walking down the stairs, Donghae saw that Jessica was seated on the couch, leaning on the armrest, and asleep. He smiled as he made his way to her and started waking her up.

"Honey, wake up."

Jessica finally opened her eyes when she felt that she was being tapped by someone. "You're awake now! Oh gosh, how long was I asleep?"

"I hope not long enough after you cooked breakfast." He chuckled before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"I-"

"It's okay," he cut her off. "I'll still eat it even if it's cold. I know that you're still tired from yesterday. No need to apologize that you forgot to call me for br-"

"The waffles are done! Good morning, oppa!"

Donghae was surprised to hear another voice that definitely didn't come from his wife's mouth. He turned around and he saw his cousin in law placing the plate of waffles in the dining table.

"Krystal! You're here!"

Krystal went to him and hugged him, which he returned.

"Yep! Surprise! At least someone's happy to see me."

"Hey, I'm happy to see you," Jessica said to the girl.

"Then why were you so grumpy earlier?"

Donghae was holding his laugh and watched the two of them argue.

"I told you, it was early in the morning! We've been through this already."

The youngest one in the house widened her eyes when she saw that her cousin's eyes were already starting to tear up. She's either really mad, or she's gonna let it all out sooner. "Oh my gosh. Jess, I'm sorry." She wrapped her arms around Jessica who was still seated on the couch.

"I'm sorry, Krys. I just had a really tiring day yesterday and that's what probably made me grumpy." She was starting to feel guilty of her actions towards her baby cousin earlier.

After pulling away from the hug, she tugged on Jessica's hand and walked with her to the dining room, with Donghae fol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter