Haunted

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the Lee residence, Krystal's busy in the kitchen making pancakes while the three women who are all the same age are in the living room talking and waiting for the pancakes, which is currently being prepared.

"I was right. Food can really bring comfort to everyone." She was alone in the kitchen, that's why she was talking to herself again. "I suddenly remembered what I said when Jessica was in the hospital." Krystal stopped mixing the batter and paused for a while. "I said that I'll no longer be her slave, but look, Krystal. You're back in the kitchen as a servant. It's alright, though. I don't want Jess to sulk anymore." She continued what she was doing after having her sudden realization. "I really hope they do find baby Austin."

 

Tiffany's fingers are already placed above the keys of the piano, but she looked at Sunny, then Jessica.

"You know, that was a boring piece. Copying the sound of the doorbell?" Jessica laughed and Sunny just shook her head while chuckling.

"What, you guys thought it was me? I haven't even pressed anything yet."

 Sunny looked at Jessica who looked like she's still not convinced. "What if i-" she heard another sound before finally standing up. "Yep, it's really the doorbell. Peace, Fany."

"No problem at all," she replied to Sunny with her thumb up.

 Sunny walked to the screen to see who was outside, but there was no one. "How come it keeps ringing, but there's no one there?"

"The camera might be ruined or something." Jessica stood up and walked to where Sunny was and looked at the screen with her. "Just kidding, it's perfectly fine." They looked at each other when the doorbell rang for the fifth time. "You know what, it might be a kid who's just trying to be annoying."

"I'll just go outside and see who it is." Sunny opened the door and heard a crying sound. "Alison just fell asleep a few hours ago. Well, life's tiring when you've got a baby."

Jessica still looked at the tiny screen and saw that there was nothing outside. She heard her daughter crying, but she also heard Tiffany who reacted when she heard her goddaughter crying and she's definitely sure that she's going to soothe the crying Alison.

"Why Als, are you annoyed too? Poor baby, your sleep got ruined. When you grow up, don't play with other people's doorbells. Lesson learned at a very young age." Tiffany talked to her godchild about annoying other people while trying to soothe her.

Outside, Sunny looked at either side of the property, but there was no one. "Wow, Ali's cries can be heard here. She must be really cranky. She listened for a bit more and she heard that the sound was coming from the outside. As she listened to the crying, she was looking for the source of the sound, then her eyes landed on a recorder with the sound of a crying baby playing in the middle of the street. She went closer to it and bent forward to pick it up. Something inside here just made her feel odd. Just after a few seconds, she heard a dolphin-like shriek, followed by a scream, from the inside. The moment she heard it, she had no doubt that it was Jessica.

"TIFF, UPSTAIRS, NOW!" Jessica tried to close the door, but she was too late. Yuri sprinted towards the door and entered the house before she could shut it.

With her godchild still in her arms, she ran upstairs as fast as she could and locked herself in a room, which seemed like Austin's room because it's blue. "Shh, stop crying now, Ali. You're safe with me." Tiffany kissed her forehead while still soothing her goddaughter. "God, please keep them safe down there. Please keep Jessi safe," she whispered with her eyes closed that had tears in them. She didn't want to leave her best friend, but she knows that she's doing her a huge favor by keeping her goddaughter safe. 

Sunny ran back inside the property, but behind the gate, she saw that there was a powder blue blanket and she went back for it instead of enetering the door. It was her nephew who was sleeping and she lifted him up to carry him. She saw that Yuri closed the door and when she tried to open it, it was locked.

Krystal was still in the kitchen and she could feel her phone vibrate from her pocket. She saw the caller ID and it was Sunny. "Unnie, Yuri's here!" Her voice was really low. She was being careful to not be heard.

"I know. I got locked out. She left Austin here behind the gate. Austin's with me now."

"Really?!" She was whispering now, but it was audible for Sunny to hear. She can hear her older cousin being attacked by Yuri in the living room. Krystal could hear Yuri asking her cousin shere she's going. She heard how Jessica tried to run to the kitchen to probably get a knife, but she was tackled by Yuri and the latter was attacking her.

"Soojung, listen to me. I'm gonna go through the back door. I'm gonna pass by the kitchen and I'll be leaving Austin with you. I'm gonna go in there now." She hung up on her and squatted quickly towards the kitchen door. She doesn't want Yuri to see her throught the windows. She opened the door quietly and she saw that Krystal's seated on the floor.

"UNNIE!" Krystal whispered when she saw Sunny, then hugged her quickly. She carefully took Austin from her, not wanting to wake her nephew.

"Take him upstairs. Wait for me to walk out of the kitchen, then run upstairs. Hide with Fany in oppa's and Sica's room and you guys call Donghae or Nichkhun and 119. The police are with them, but more authorities, the better." She instructed the younger woman while whispering and while sitting on the floor. They can both hear Jessica screaming and struggling to fight with Yuri and sounds of things breaking. She took a frying pan from the cabinet before walking to the living room.

Krystal ran upstairs without looking at Jessica, which would only make her run to her and forget about bringing thebaby safe upstairs. She headed to the twins' room and only Austin's room was locked. "Tiff, it's me. Open up," she knocked on the door.

Tiffany quickly opened it for her and shocked when she saw that Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter