The Announcement

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month has passed and it only made the couple feel nervous. The day for the announcement finally arrived. The month long preparation for the party and for their new positions is over. They will no longer be trained on Monday. Instead, they'll be offically running the two companies that their parents had merged together for them. The two top companies which they've worked hard for. Later in the evening, they will officially become the company's new CEO and COO. Krystal had just returned from her week long stay at the Jungs' residence. She also wanted to bond with her aunt and uncle, as well as her parents who are currently staying there.

The busy schedule and the training of the younger couple kind of hindered them from going out, even if it means meeting the family for lunch. Their guests from Jessica's hometown understood this and they're looking forward in seeing the couple later at the party. Though they don't meet their relatives who are in currently in town and even their mothers, they speak to them on the phone.

Jessica woke up late. Donghae was already downstairs, preparing for lunch. She went straight to the bathroom after stretching to brush her teeth and wash her face. Unlike the previous party that they had before for the announcement of the two companies merging, Jessica no longer had to go dress shopping on the day itself. She was done with dress shopping yesterday, accompanied by her husband.

"There's your usual wake up time!" Donghae greeted his wife while setting the food on the table.

"Good mo- afternoon to you too, honey," she greeted him back.

Krystal was playing with her iPad while seated on one of the dining chairs. "Yay, now we can eat. We were just waiting for you."

"Aww, thanks, baby girl!" She took her seat beside her husband and started getting food. "Are you ready for the party later?"

Her question only earned a laugh from her cousin. "You're seriously asking me that?" She kept laughing until her eyes started tearing up. "Gosh, Jess! You're so funny!"

Jessica looked at her again with confusion. "What, I'm just asking you if you have your dress ready or your shoes."

"Ohh. Yeah, I'm all ready for later. Question is, are you two ready for the big announcement later?"

Donghae looked at her wife, and she did the same to him. The expression on their faces showed questioning looks. Are they ready for it? Will they run the company successfully just like how their fathers did? Will they live up to their family's expectations? Will it be not enough? Will they exceed it? Can they make sure that their company will stand strong under their management or will it grow weak? With Krystal's question, these types of questions suddenly rummaged through their heads.

 

Donghae left the dishes in the dishwasher and proceeded uostairs along with the ladies in the house. Krystal's getting ready in Jessica's old room, while Jessica's doing the same. As he waited for his wife to go out of the bathroom, he started picking out a suit that will match her dress. He wants to make sure that their outfits will match perfectly.

Jessica stepped out of the bathroom wearing a robe, then proceeded to her vanity. "Hun, you're up." She called for her husband to go use the bathroom, but there was no response from him. He didn't even start walking to the bathroom. "Hae?"

Donghae finally gave up and called for her help. "Hun, can you please help me? I don't know which suit to wear."

She only laughed at him, then helped him out. After searching through her husband's rack of clothes, she was finally able to pick one for him. "Here." Jessica held it in front of him and looked at the mirror. "Yeah, wear this one."

"Do you think it'll match your dress?"

"That's the reason why I held it up in front of you. I was thinking about that while looking at the mirror. Wait," she looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Are you stressed just because of that?"

He nodded, a bit embarrassed to admit that he only wanted to match her outfit. "I don't wanna look tacky."

"Aww." Jessica hugged him, then she felt her tapping his back. "Go to the bathroom now."

"Thanks for helping me solve my dilemma, babe." He kissed her on the lips, which made her giggle.

"Anytime!"

 

3 hours have passed and the clock showed that it's already six in the evening. Jessica just finished with her hair. After doing her hair, her makeup was next. Donghae was already done fixing his hair. He's also done dressing up for the event. He waited for his wife while sitting on the couch in their room. He watched a game of soccer to calm himself down.

10 minutes before the clock strikes seven, Jessica went out of the walk in closet, dressed in her one shoulder Greek inspired powder blue floor length dress. Her husband's midnight blue suit and his powder blue polo with really complemented her dress. Her hair was curled and losely tied on the side

"You look amazing," Donghae said when he saw his wife. He stood up and went to her, wrapping hands around her waist. "You look like a goddess, hun."

Jessica blushed with that compliment of his. "You look just as amazing," she told him while cupping his face.

"Are you ready?"

After a sigh, she nodded with a faint smile.

Donghae leaned for a kiss, while Jessica tiptoed to meet her husband's sweet lips.

"Let's go," she tugged on his hand.

"I'm gonna go downstairs first."

"I'll go fetch Krystal."

She made her way to the room that she previously used during the early months of their marriage. "Krystal," she said while knocking on the door. "I'm coming out." The door opened and according to Jessica, she really is a 'baby no more.' She only laughed with her older cousin's statement. "Told you, I'm a big girl now." The two ladies started walking downst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter