Deafening Silence

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She called him, but he was asleep. She tried to sit up straight, but she felt pain on her stomach. Slowly, she tried to sit. "Hae," she called her husband again and shook his hand to wake him up. Donghae felt that his hand and arm was moving, so he opened his eyes. He rubbed them and looked at his wife. "Sica, you're awake!" He went closer to her and kissed her forehead and her lips and flashed her a small smile before he sat down on the chair. She pulled him up even she was still weak, not wanting him to sit. "Why?" She scooted over to the right and patted the spot next to her. Knowing what she meant, he smiled and joined her on the bed and laid next to her. She shifted on left to face him. "Hun, what happened," Jessica asked him. Before he could answer, he shifted to his right and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Well, they were able to remove the bullet from your stomach," he replied, while he tried to smile. "What about our baby?" He didn't know how to answer her. "Uh, they said that our baby's a girl." She smiled when she heard that they were gonna have a daughter. "Really?! Why the face, hun. Aren't you excited?" He only kept quiet and hugged his wife.

"Hae, how's our daughter?" Her question felt like he was being stabbed. "Why aren't you saying anything," she asked him before pulling herself away from him. Jessica saw that Donghae's eye were closed, but there were tears on the corners. "Donghae, what happened?!" He opened his eyes and met her brown orbs. She was starting to feel nervous because her husband's not answering her question. He kissed her forehead and pulled her closer to him again, trying to hold back his tears. "She's gone." She pushed him away with the strength that she has. "What do you mean that she's gone," she screamed at him. This was the first time that she screamed at him since the fight they had a few months back. "They tried to save her, but she was hit by the bullet," he explained. Jessica kept shaking her head in disbelief, then her tears formed in her eyes. "That's not true, hun. Please tell me that you're lying." Donghae didn't say anything and only looked at her. He tried to keep his cool because he knows that this isn't the perfect time to break down. He already did earlier, but he knows that this time, he needs to be strong for her. "NO OH MY GOSH NO! YOU'RE LYING! SHE'S STILL ALIVE!" All he could do was pull her closer to him and hug her. She kept hitting his chest, trying to be free of his hold, but she was too weak. "I'm sorry," he apologized to her when she finally stopped hitting him. She burried her face on his chest and cried.

He held her for the rest of the night until Jessica finally stopped crying and fell asleep in his arms. Donghae sighed because he knows that this wasn't gonna be easy, but he needs to be her rock, just like how she was when his dad died. He was also hurt, but he decided that it's better to grieve in silence. He already cried when he waited for her to wake up and he also released the frustration he felt when he heard the news, so even if it hurts him, he will grieve in silence.

 

 

The nurse brought Jessica's food inside her room and placed it on the table. Donghae thanked the nurse and went to bathroom when the nurse went out. After bathing and changing his clothes, he received a text from his father in law, telling him that they don't have to go to work on Monday. He turned the tv on and he was watching the news. He was thankful that the news of Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter