I Remember It All Too Well

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was shocked when she opened the door. She was still standing in her spot, looking at her office. At first she thought that her office was trashed, but she realized that what she thought was garbage on the floor at first were actually flower petals. The flower petals covered the floor, making it like a carpet. Still shocked from the surprise (that she knew was from her husband), she tried her best to walk to her seat. There was a bouquet on top of her desk. "I actually thought that he forgot," she whispered. Jessica took the bouquet and detached the white envelope with the card placed inside.

You probably think that I forgot, right? I'm sorry for pranking you. I know that you're annoyed, but please forgive me. I'll never forget our very first day to forever. Happy anniversary, wifey! I love you.

Her eyes were slowly watering, so she took her seat. A smile was seen on her face, but she was fanning herself to prevent her tears from falling.  She felt something bulky when she sat and she was surprised that there was a box on her chair. Jessica opened the box and saw a watch inside. As she was holding the watch, she felt something behind it. Something was engraved.

Time's ticking, time's running out, but my love for you will never do.

"That's it." She stood up and exited her office. She let herself in her husband's office without knocking on his office door. "Honey, I'm sorry," she said in a shaky voice while standing in front of his desk. The back of Donghae's chair was faced towards her. Upon hearing his wife's voice, he slowly turned his seat to face her. "Did you like it," he asked with a smile on his face, though his eyes were a bit glassy. Jessica nodded at him with a smile, while trying to stop herself from crying, but she couldn't. "Honey, please don't cry." He stood up and he was about to walk to her, but he was surprised that she ran to him. Jessica hugged her husband tight while letting her tears fall. "Don't walk. I'm sorry I stomped at your foot. I'm really sorry. Happy anniversary, hun." He pulled her away from him and watched her sniff. A smile was on Donghae's face, despite the possibility that he has crushed toes. Jessica's eyes met with his and she couldn't stop crying. "I thought that you forgot, but I was wrong. I was really wrong. I'm sorry, hun, it's just that my an-"

Donghae cut her off by crashing his lips onto hers and she kissed him back. He rested his forehead on hers after pulling away from their kiss. "You talk too much." He smiled at her, then cupped her face. "Thank you. I was ready to file for divorce, b-" his forehed creased and his eyes grew wide. "Hey!" "I'm not even done! I really didn't expect to get a surprise from you. The divorce thing was a joke of course." She smiled at him and kissed him again. After pulling away, he pulled her for another hug. "I guess I'm forgiven?" Jessica nodded while she burried her face on his chest. "You're the sweetest prankster, so I don't see anything wrong with that." Donghae kissed her hair and chuckled at his wife.

 

"I asked permission from dad. We'll leave at 3:00 pm today," he said after entering her office.

Jessica looked up at her husband when she heard what he said. "But that's too early."

Donghae placed his hands on his pocket and looked at his wife. "Do you really want our first anniversary to be spent while working the whole day?" He raised his eyebrow. 

She shook her head before she talked. "Nope, I don't want to," she said with a smile.

"Well, see you in three hours," he said before he went back to his office. Jessica only smiled and waved at him.

She went back to reading when Donghae left her office. She grabbed her phone and called her dad to thank him for letting them out early. "Dad, why do you sound so happy? Did something happen?" The man on the other line was chuckling. "What do you mean, sweetie? This is how I ususally sound," he said in a happy tone. "And I'm just really happy for you two. Finish your work now. You're getting off early." Jessica nodded her head with a smile. "Alright, dad. Thank you. Please say hi to mom for me. Bye, love you too." A knock was heard on her door a few minutes after her conversation with her dad and it was the security guard who always brought her food in her office. "Mrs. Lee, your husband asked this to be delivered to you," the tall man smiled. "Thank you for bringing it to my office," she said with a smile and bowed. The guard bowed before he left. She sighed as she grabbed the food. "Just like the old times," she said with a smile.

 

Donghae was quietly reading, when suddenly, his phone beeped.

Thanks for buying me lunch, but I thought we were leaving early?

He smiled upon seeing his wife's text message.

Yeah, but I don't want you to be hungry. Just go and it. It's fine :)

He sent his reply before eating his lunch in his office as well. They're both working and eating at the same time. Though they're working, the couple only reminded themselves that they still have half of the day to spend their anniversary. "Don't get stressed, just think about that," Donghae reminded himself.

 

Time passed by quickly, and before they knew it, it was already time to leave. Donghae almost skipped going to Jessica's office. He knocked on her office door and entered when she asked him to come in. "Honey, it's time to go." His smile was like the smile of a five year old on Christmas day. "Finally," Jessica exclaimed. She swiftly stood up and fixed her stuff before grabbing her bag and walking to her husband. Their hands automatically made their way to each other, then they wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter