Trying

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae always arrives home at 7 in the evening. After parking the car in the garage, he dug his hand in his pocket and grabbed the keys to their house. "I'm home," he called out when he unlocked the door snd let himself in. He noticed that the lights were off, except for the one on the stairs and the dining area. He went to the dining room and saw that there was food waiting for him at the table. "Well, it looks like I'm gonna be eating dinner alone." He re-heated the food for a minute and dined by himself. What a fun married life. He cleaned up after eating and checked if the doors were locked. After that, he turned the lights off and headed upstairs.

He opened his bedroom door and dropped his stuff on the couch before walking back into the hallway and go to the room that was away from his.

He knocked on the door twice before opening it. "Sica, I'm home." "Okay," the girl replied. She is sitting on her bed, watching one of her favorite tv shows. "Just letting you know. Uhm, I'm gonna go to my room now," he closed her door and went back to his room. "What were you thinking?! She's not your maid, of course she won't be waiting for you to come home. She can do whatever she wants whenever she wants," Donghae scolded his reflection in the mirror. After getting cleaned up, he dozed off in a silent slumber.

While Donghae's already in dreamland, Jessica is still watching. "He could've just texted me. Was he expecting me to welcome him," the girl was asking herself while her eyes were still glued to the tv program.

 

 

Today is Saturday, which means that there's no work today. Jessica's still asleep, while Donghae went straight to the kitchen to make breakfast. He cooked bacon and pancakes for their breakfast. After a few minutes, it was time to eat. He walked upstairs to knock on Jessica's door. After multiple knocks, he opened the door when no response was heard. "Sica," he called her from the door. "Jessica," he called a little louder this time. She was neither moving nor saying anything yet. He walked closer to the bed and tried to wake her up by tapping her. "Sica, wake up. Breakfast is ready." He finally succeeeded she opened her eyes and looked at him with annoyance. "You ruined my sleep," she gave her famous icy glare. "Sorry, breakfast is ready. Just g-" "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll be downstairs in a few." He walked out of her room and went back to the dining room.

5 minutes passed before Jessica arrived in their dining area. She sat down across from him and started eating. Donghae waited for her. He was just checking stuff on his iPad before she went down to eat. They were eating in silence. They've been married for 6 months now, and it was still awkward. "So," Donghae started to break the silence. "Did the maids arrive yesterday?" Jessica swallowed before replying. "They did," she said before taking another slice of pancake in . The phone rang and it was the only thing that was heard inside the house. "I'll go get it," Donghae excused himself to pick up the phone.

"Hi, dad. No, it's okay. We just finished eating breakfast. What? When? Tonight? Okay. See you."

"What did he say," his curious wife asked when he sat down again. "He said that the party will be tonight," he replied to her. "They're finally going to announce that the companies merged?" "Yeah." Jessica nodded after he responded "Which means I'll be working as well," she sighed with he sudden realization. Donghae who's going to be the CEO has started his training while Jessica who's going to be the COO will start training soon. She didn't go to Princeton for nothing. They will be running their parents' companies that was now merged simply because of them. After that, she gasped. "Crap, I need to buy a dress," her voice was somehow panicked. "Do you want me to g-" "I can go alone." She finished her food quickly and ran upstairs to her bathroom. "Girls are girls," Donghae only shook his head.

Jessica was done preparing to go dress shopping while Donghae was in the living room, busy on the internet. "I'm going now," she said before heading out the door while playing with her car keys. Donghae wasn't able to repond since she was in a hurry. She went back inside when she forg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter