Back to The Way it Was

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the incident, Donghae and Jessica barely said a word to each other. Donghae's usually the first one to start a conversation with his wife, but now he finds it so awkward to talk to her. They were eating dinner in silence after work, when a girl suddenly approached their table. "Donghae oppa?" The girl called out to Jessica's husband. He looked up when he heard someone call him. "Oh my gosh, it really is you!" Donghae smiled while Jessica sat there in confusion. He stood up to hug the girl. "Oppa, I missed you," said the girl. "I missed you too," he replied, then pulled away from their hug. "Oppa, it's been a long time since we last saw each other! We should d-" "You might wanna stop using that voice of yours," Donghae told the girl. "Wow, his ex-girlfriend's really clingy," Jessica thought. "Whoops, sorry about that. Hi, you're oppa's wife, right," she asked Jessica then smiled at her. Jessica flashed her a small smile "Yeah, I'm Jes-" "Yeah, you're Jessica! Nice to meet you! Sorry for using my high pitched voice earlier. It also seemed like I ruined your meal. I'll get going now! See you guys some other time," she waved at them and left.

 

"You two seem close," it was Jessica who broke the silence in the car. This might be their first real conversation after what happened. "Yeah, we're really close to each other," Donghae smiled before he continued. "She's really like a little sister to me." It was a bit traffic because of the road construction. "So, what happened between you two," she asked her husband. "Huh? What do you mean," he asked her back. It seemed like he didn't understand her question, so she made it simpler for him. "What happened to you two? Why did you guys break up," Jessica asked him again. Donghae only laughed at his wife's question. "Why are you laughing," she asked him with her annoyed tone.

"You thought that we dated," he asked her, then looked at her. It was a good thing that the light on the stoplight was red.

"Sunny's not my ex-girlfriend, we never dated." Donghae found it really funny while Jessica was not convinced.

"Really? You guys seem like you had a history together," her eyebrows were raised, still not believing a thing.

"We're just really close. She's my younger cousin," he chuckled. "Oh, so that's the reason why you guys are close," she nodded.

Jessica was trying to fall asleep in the car. It's really gonna take some time to go home because of the ongoing road contruction. She couldn't sleep because the sound of the cars honking are making her annoyed, but she's still forcing herself. Donghae, on the other hand started laughing again when he remembered their conversation a few minutes ago. "Jessica, are you jealous," he asked his wife who was trying to get some sleep. He didn't know that she's actually awake. The next thing he knew, there was a hand who suddenly hit his arm. "What was that for?!" He was confused of her sudden action. "I heard that! I'm not asleep you idiot! Don't get your hopes up," she yelled at him before glaring at him. "Alright, sorry," he said as if he was a five year old who was caught lying by his mom. She tried to get some sleep again, but she heard him talking to himself. "It'll probably leave a mark," Donghae said while holding the spot where she hit him. It really stung. "Then good for you!" After that, he was driving in silence again.

 

"Sica, we're here," he nudged her a bit to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter