Still Recovering

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since Jessica had that dream about her daughter and since she stepped out of their room. It's been a week since Donghae decided to take another week off from work and stayed home with his wife so they could talk about everything and let themselves grieve together and comfort each other. Jessica's slowly gaining the weight that she lost due to her depression and her husband also noticed that she's somehow back to her old self. Not just physically, but he also noticed that her lively self's starting to come out again.

 

Today's not just any other Monday. Today, Jessica's going back to work since the incident. She was standing in front of the mirror in her walk in coset when she heard a knock on the door. "Ready," Donghae asked her after turning the knob. She nodded her head in response and looked at herself again before taking a deep breath. He made her way towards her and hugged her from the back. "You don't have to go to work today, you know that." Jessica turned around to face her husband and wrapped her arms around his neck. "We've talked about this the whole day yesterday, hun. I'm really sure that I wanna go back to work today. I've been missing there for a month and my office probably transformed into a jungle," she chuckled. "I always go to your office during your absence to make sure that it's free from cobwebs and dust.  Do you actually think that I don't care about your workplace," he raised an eyebrow when he asked his wife. She pulled Donghaes's eyebrow back down and giggled. "It doesn't suit you, hun. Let's go, we're gonna be late." She stood on her tippy toes and kissed him. Donghae kissed her back while tightening his grip around her waist.

 

As they arrived in the office, everyone who saw the couple greeted them and welcomed Jessica back. Jessica smiled at them and thanked them with their greeting. Her dad knew that she's going back to work today. Mr. Jung was happy when he heard that she wanted to go back to the office because she's finally recovering. She sat behind her office desk once again and started her training to become the vice president. She started reading and memorizing just like how it was a month ago when she last stepped in her office. From eight in the morning until twelve in the afternoon, she was focused on her training and made sure that she did not miss a single thing. She told her husband that she wanted to catch up on her work, so they'll be eating lunch late.

"That's enough for now," Jessica said as she stood up. She stretched a little before she headed outside her office. She pressed the elevator button and rode it when it opened. Jessica was making rounds again and the employees stood up and greeted her as she passes by. They looked really happy to see her as they welcomed her back and Jessica thanked them with a sincere smile. Each and everyone of them welcomed her back and she liked the feeling of it. After completing her rounds, she rode the elevator once again to the 10th floor, but instead of going to her office, she went straight to Donghae's.

A knock was heard on Donghae's office door, which made him ask the person to go in. "Yes, Mrs. Lee, what can I do for you?" Jessica laughed at him because he was acting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter