Almost

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae and his friends, except for Leeteuk who was taking care of a pregnant Taeyeon, worked with the police to come up with a plan. He already spent three days looking for his son and earlier, he got another call on the phone from Yuri. How did he know that it was her? Just like when she first called, Austin can be heard crying, but earlier it was different.

 

-a few hours ago-

Donghae and Jessica were at the breakfast table with Tiffany, Nichkhun, Krystal, Sunny, and Sungmin. Since all of them are downstairs, baby Ali's in the living room, sleeping soundly inside her other crib. It was a Saturday and the search team (a.k.a. Donghae & Friends) decided to start a little later. Tiffany cooked for today's breakfast and she asked about the progress. "We still couldn't find him, but I know that it won't take long. We'll find him soon," Donghae answered. As they started eating, their phone started ringing. Jessica looked at it and didn't bother to stand up to get it. "I don't wanna pick that up. I might hear my son crying again." They all felt sorry for her, but they all know that someone must answer the call to know if it's Yuri or not.

"I'll get it." Krystal was preparing to stand up, but she was stopped by Donghae.

"Just eat. I'll get it." He made his way towards the phone and heard a baby rattle to calm a crying baby. "Yuri, I know that it's you. Talk to me. I want to hear your voice." He sounded like he was happy to talk to her, but he needs to act like it for him to finally get his son back.

A gasp was heard from the woman. "Really, oppa? You really want to hear my voice?" Yuri's voice was a bit happy, but little did she know that everyone in the room can hear her as it was on speaker.

"It's true. The last time you called I only heard my baby crying. You didn't even say anything."

"Oppa, do you have any idea why he's crying?"

"Is it because he misses me?" Donghae looked at Jessica who was standing across him. All of their guests stood surrounding the phone, listening to their conversation.

Yuri giggled like a lunatic. "You got that right. He's here with me, oppa. He's safe with me. He's got a mother and now we only need you to be here for us to be complete."

Jessica started tearing up when she heard what Yuri said. She wanted to scream at her and tell her that she's Austin's mother and not the crazy maniac who kidnapped him, but she couldn't. She knows that he's just playing along to find their son and it's a part of their plan.

The longer they talk on the phone, the more time they're giving the police to start moving to Yuri's location. "So, he just needs me to be there so we can be complete, right?" He was looking at his wife who had tears in her eyes. He reached for her hand and caressed the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Mhm. We only need you and we're gonna be a family."

"Yuri, I don't know where you live. How can we be complete if I don't know where you are? Are you in your old place?" He asked as if he knows where Yuri used to live, but he doesn't actually have any idea where that is.

"I'm no longer staying there, oppa. I'm not in Cheongdamdong anymore. You know the residential buildings near KBS?"

"The one that's a few minutes away from Gimpo Airport?"

"Yeah. I'm staying in the 3rd floor of building 18." Austin started crying again and she started shushing him. "Stop crying, baby. Mommy's here." The crying got louder and she continued to shush him.

Jessica felt like her heart was being pierced. Sunny stood beside her and squeezed both of her shoulders. Her tears escaped her eyes because it hurt her too much.

"What's the number of your unit?"

"22."

"Great. I can't wait to see you. I'll be there in a bit." Donghae tried to sound happy to make it too convincing.

Yuri gasped and it seems like she's already smiling. "You heard that baby? Your dad's gonna be here. Oppa, you're gonna leave Jessica for me?"

They all looked at Donghae before looking at Jessica who swallowed the lump on and nodded her head with her tears falling.

"Yes. She's staying in the U.S. We've gone our separate ways." Donghae squeezed her hand tight as a way of comforting her and apologizing.

"I'm really happy! We're gonna be a family soon! See you soon, oppa!" Yuri squealed before hanging up.

He hanged up after she did and moved from his spot and stood beside his wife to hug her. He was hugging her really tight, as if he doesn't want to let go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter