Babysitting

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday came quickly and even if it's already ten in the morning, the couple are still in their deep slumber. The two are known to be sleepyheads, but because of the stress from training to be the company's next CEO and COO, they became heavier sleepers. Also, the cold weather isn't helping for these two to get up early in the morning. "Hun, turn the alarm off," Jessica said in a sleepy voice, tapping her husband. Donghae slowly opened his eyes when he heard a noise. "I didn't even set the alarm." Jessica slowly detached herself from him and pulled her other pillow to place it on her ear, covering her face. He felt her shifting to the side, so he also shifted to hug her from behind. The noise stopped and the two were back to sleeping, but after five minutes, it was heard again. "Donghae, it's annoying." Who wouldn't be annoyed to hear such noise when you are asleep. "I think it's your phone," she added. After removing his arm form her waist, he turned to grab his phone on the bedside table and looked at the screen with sleepy eyes. The ringing stopped and just when he is about to unlock his phone, it started ringing again.

"Hyung, it's early in the morning," he answered in a sleepy voice.

"Sorry, fish. Actually, it's almost eleven in the morning, so that's not early. I just wanted to ask something," the guy on the other line said.

"What is it?"

"Well, Taeyeon and I will be going to Jeonju for the weekend."

"Why, is everything alright?"

"Not really, you see, my father in law's confined in the hospital because of pneumonia and they asked us not to bring Soohyun. Taeyeon and I actually agreed to the idea for him not to see his grandfather in that state," Leeteuk explained.

Donghae rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I'm sorry to hear that, hyung." He started shaking his wife for her to wake up and ask for her permission. "Are you gonna ask me if Soohyun can stay with us while you guys are gone?" Jessica slowly turned to face him.

"If that would be okay with you guys. Taeyeon's been calling Jessica earlier, but her phone seems to be turned off. Would that be okay with you two?"

He raised his eyebrows to ask his wife's decision. She gave a thumb up with her eyes still half closed. "No problem, hyung. We'll take care of him while you guys are away."

Leeteuk was smiling on the other end of the line. "Thank you so much, Hae. We'll bring him to your house during lunch.Would  that be fine?"

"Absolutely."

"Thanks, fishy. Sorry again for waking you up. See you guys later."

"See you later, hyung."

After hanging up, he kissed his wife's hair and went to the bathroom to shower.

 

"They're here," Jessica said before letting their guests in. After greeting each other, the Lees invited the Parks to the dining room, but Taeyeon and Leeteuk already ate with their son at home before dropping him off. "We hope that your dad will recover soon," she told Taeyeon before hugging her tight. "Thank you. I really didn't want to bot-" she was cut off by the girl who was hugging her. "Please don't say that. Looking after Soohyun isn't a bother for us. It's really nothing." Taeyeon smiled lightly. "Thank you again. We better hit the road now. It's gonna be a three hour drive." After pulling away, Donghae and Jessica said goodbye to Taeyeon and Leeteuk. Soohyun was waving to his parents as he was carried by his Uncle Donghae. "Soohyun, don't be a headache, remember that," Leeteuk reminded his son before riding the car. After the two left, they went back inside and headed straight to the living room.

Soohyun was sitting between Donghae and Jessica, hugging his Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy that was on his lap. "Soohyun, what do you want to do today," Jessica asked him. "Watch," the kid replied. "What do you want to watch," it was Donghae's turn to ask. "Shrek!" The kid beamed when he said the title of the movie that he wants to watch. "Okay, then Shrek it is. Let's go," Jessica said before carrying him to their tv room with Donghae following behind.

 

"Aunt Jessica, I want ice cream," Soohyun went to the older woman who was reading on the couch. He was busy reading his flashcards all on his own on the carpet in the living room. They had just finished watching Shrek a couple of minutes ago.  "Let me check if we still have ice cream." She went to the kitchen and opened the freezer to check if there's still ice cream. "Wow, we still have two pints." After grabbing a pint of ice cream and a spoon, she went ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter