Donghae's Birthday

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica tried to sleep a little longer, but she couldn't because of her morning sickness. Instead of getting out of bed swiftly, she slowly got up and slightly tiptoed to the bathroom, afraid to make any sound. Donghae was really a heavy sleeper and work only made him sleep a little more. The only thing that would make him wake up early in the morning is when Jessica would run to the bathroom to throw up. She showered after twenty minutes and changed out of her sleepwear. After drying her hair, she quietly walked out of their bedroom and went downstairs.

Today's not an ordinary day. Today's Donghae's birthday and she wanted to surprise him. Since it was her first time to be present for his birthday, she decided that it's better if only the two of them will celebrate it. No friends, no parents, no relatives, just them. "It being pregnant. I'm limited to do stuff," she said to herself as she started opening the cupboards in the kitchen. "I can't decorate, I can't shop, I can't plan because I'm gonna get stressed, heck, I'm not allowed to get stressed, and he's too srict and protective... I actually like him being protective of me, but I miss moving around a lot. Unlike now, I'm just lazy." She was making breakfast as she was talking. "But don't worry, baby," she oatted her stomach before she continued. "Mommy doesn't hate you, okay? I'm totally excited for your arrival and I'm gonna be careful so you'll come out healthy. I'm gonna do everything to protect you and make sure that you're safe." Jessica was smiling while looking at her stomach, with her hand placed over it. "You're still too small and you're not yet that formed, so I can't feel you kick yet, but when you do, please don't kick me hard that you'll be breaking my rib cage."

After half an hour, breakfast was ready. Jessica placed the bacon she cooked and the cookies that she baked on a tray with orange juice and started to walk upstairs. Before she entered the room, she dropped the tray on the floor in front of the door and walked back downstairs. She got the cake and opened the door, leaving the tray outside. After quietly going in, she placed the cake on her bedside table and went to get the tray. She places the tray on the bed and lit the candles on the cake. "Hun, wake up," she was shaking Donghae in his sleep. "It's too early," he responded in a sleepy manner. "No, you have to wake up." When he heard this, he suddenly felt alarmed that something might be happening to his wife. He remembered that she was pregnant. He slowly opened his eyes and rubbed it.

"You're up early." He noticed that she was already kneeling while looking at him with a smile on her face. "And you have a cake with you." Jessica nodded and smiled like a kid. Donghae's eyes were now wide open and quickly sat up. "You have a cake with you!" She laughed at her husband's reaction. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Dongahe, happy birthday to you," she sang to him. "Make a wish now." Donghae closed his eyes and opened it after thinking. "I actually don't have anything to wish for right now. With you in my life, I have nothing else to wish for," he smiled at her. He blew the candles and she handed him his breakfast after putting the cake aside.

"What is this?"

"That's your breakfast. I made it," she smiled,

"Hun, you didn't have to wake up early just to make me breakfast," he smiled lightly.

"But I wanted to. And besides, it's your birthday. Give yourself a break," she chuckled.

"Thanks, hun," he smiled widely. He grabbed his fork and started to eat the bacon. "Breakfast in bed? Seriously hun, guys would normally do this kind of thing for girls."

"I know, I know. Just think of it as my peace offering for being y and mean to you before." She bowed her head down and remembered the times that she treated him like he wasn't her husband. She felt bad for the times that she would scream at him and when he would go home and she's not there to wait for him.

He pulled her chin up for her eyes to meet his gaze. "Listen to me," he said while cupping her face. "Never feel bad for that. I understand that your reaction would be like that. I mean, anyone who would be in the same situation would probably be like that as well," he leaned forward to kiss her.

She responded to the kiss and smiled at him after pulling away. "Hun, have I told you that I love you?"

"What a silly question," he laughed.  "Yes, you told m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter