Amnesia?

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was the first one to get up and did his usual morning routine; cooking breakfast. Sometimes, Jessica does it, but she rarely wakes up first. "Crap," Donghae whispered as he cut himself while chopping the bacon. He went to the sink and let the water run on his finger. After washing, he looked at it and went to get the first aid kit. "It's a good thing that it's not deep," he said to himself. He was kind of in a rush to cook breakfast. Today's breakfast is not just bacon and eggs. He's actually preparing an English breakfast for two. "Chop chop, Donghae. Chop chop," he said. He was telling himself to start cooking now and finish quickly.

 

Jessica, on the other hand, was still asleep. She shifted her position in her sleep, and slowly woke up. While facing the window, she scratched her eyes and stared at the sun that was already up high outside. She sat up and stretched, then looked at her phone. "Well, too bad we have work," she said before pouting. She looked at her wedding ring and smiled. "It's been a year."

She looked at the spot beside her and saw that it was empty. "Crap, I gotta get up." She rushed to go to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth, then ran going downstairs. Jessica was planning to cook today's breakfast because her husband would always do it, but she wasn't able to wake up ahead of him.

 

"Good morning," Donghae heard her greeting him after feeling his wife's arms wrapped around his waist. He turned around and removed his attention from the pancake to face her. "Good morning, hun," he greeted back with a smile before kissing her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Why did you cook breakfast today? I was supposed to do it." Her famous pout appeared on her lips.

Donghae chuckled at Jessica's cuteness. "Why not? I always cook breakfast. Sometimes you do, but I'm more used to it." He smiled at her.

"That's the point, you always cook breakfast, so you have to let me do it today."

He turned to check the pancake and flipped it over with a spatula,then turned to face her again. "Sica, it's okay. Why do you wanna cook so bad today?" He chuckled again and kissed her forehead.

"It's bec-" Jessica's eyes widened and she swiftly removed her arms from his waist, then looked up to meet with his brown orbs. Wait, do you even know what today is?"

"Yes. Today's another day that we'll be going to the office to train to become the company's President and Vice President. It's nothing special, just another day at the office." He raised both of his eyebrows and smiled.

She quickly pushed herself away from him when she heard his reply. "Just call me when the food's ready," she said in her usual cold and annoyed voice that she often used when she was pushing Donghae away.

"Wow, haven't heard that tone since the first half of our marriage." He smiled to himself as he transferred the pancake on the plate. "I kinda missed that... who am I kidding." 3 more pancakes to go, and he's done. "Hurry up, Mrs. Grumpypants is annoyed," he whispered to himself and chuckled.

 

Jessica was watching drama re-runs in their entertainment room. There's no good stuff on tv when it's 7 in the morning. "Why am I watching this? I don't even know the story." She got the remote and changed the channel. "CSI! I didn't know they have re-runs in the morning!"

"Sica, breakfast is ready," Donghae went to her. Without saying a word or looking at him, she switched the tv off and passed by him as she went out to the dining room. "Are we back to square one," he whispered to himself and shrugged. "But that's only gonna be for now," he smiled to himself before following her in the dining area.

Donghae kept looking at his wife while they ate breakfast. "Stop looking and eat. Your food's getting cold," Jessica said using her icy tone. "What, I'm also eating. I just wanted to look at you." She rolled her eyes at him and kept her eyes on her plate.

Just like the first half of their marriage, they ate breakfast in silence. Donghae wanted to smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter