Here Comes the Sun

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sunny, what time is he coming home?" Jessica asked the girl who was seated on the couch in their room, while she lay on the bed.

"Uh, in a few more hours," she said after checking the time on her iPad.

"How long is that gonna take?"

"Three more hours."

"Three more hours? That's still too long," she whined.

Jessica's already in her last month of pregnancy and she took a break from work just two months ago. She was thankful that they only had one meeting before taking her maternity leave, which was on her fifth month of pregnancy. "I don't want them to tell me that I'm fat," she told her husband a few months back, and he explained that the board knows that she's pregnant. Jessica also cried when one of the board members told her that her baby's too big for five months. Donghae knew that she felt fat and comforted her in her office, saying that she shouldn't feel sad because their baby's healthy.

Since she stepped into her eighth month, Donghae started arriving early at home. He would always arrive home at five in the afternoon, but it's a bit different for the ninth month as he arrives home an hour earlier. He asked Sunny to accompany her at home while he's gone at work, but sometimes their mothers come and spend the day with Jessica.

"It's alright, Sica. It's gonna be quick. You won't even notice that the three hours already flew by." Sunny hugged her cousin in law on the bed, comforting her as she starts to cry.

Jessica hugged her back while wiping her tears that were starting to fall. After what seemed like a minute or even a few seconds, she stopped. "Thanks, Sunny."

"There, you're all better now. You want anything?"

She looked at Sunny with a 'wtf' expression. "Are you trying to make me fat?"

"Here it goes," she thought. She remembered her cousin's story during her birthday.

Donghae told her that he surprised Jessica with a birthday cake as he woke her up. After blowing the cake, he gave her a fork and told her to "eat up," which made her cry. At first, he thought that his wife was really surprised and really touched, it's true she really was, but her tears are not happy. "Are you trying to make me fat," she asked him with an annoyed tone. He explained that he didn't mean it that way and he only wants her to be the first to have a bite if her own cake. She argued with him through tears that he's lying and he's only doing that so she can stuff herself to death or become obese so he can have a reason to be with some other girl who's way prettier and ier than her. "I would never do that to you, babe," he told her sincerely before kissing her. Later in the afternoon, Jessica did not want to share any of her birthday cake to her husband.

"Sica, I'm just asking you if you want anything, like do you wanna watch a movie or do you want me to do stuff for you."

Her face softened when Sunny explained what she meant. "Oh, I thought you were talking about food. Sorry, Sunny." She smiled a light smile at her, feeling bad for freaking out.

"It's okay. Just tell me if you need anything." She smiled back at her before playing with her iPad again. "That was a close one," she thought. She reached for phone when she heard it beep. "Sica, oppa's gonna be a little late today."

"What, why?"

"He says he needed to go buy something. I'm guessing he's going to buy food."

"Alrighty, then."

Sunny's phone started ringing and picked up right away. "Sup, loser. Don't call me Soonyku, you fish! Yeah, Jessica's awake." She looked at Jessica before handing the phone to her. "Fishy wants to talk to you."

Jessica smiled upon hearing his voice on the phone. "I'm fine. Austin? He's fine. Yep, still kicking mommy. I'll put you on speaker."

"Hi there, baby boy. It's me, daddy. I'm gonna buy you food. Wait for me, okay?" Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter