Sweeter Than Fiction

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my gosh," Sooyoung said as she reached the girl. The other employees crowded them as well, busy fanning them. "He's on his way," one employee announced. "There she is," people said as they made way for the running Donghae. "Sica, wake up," he was shaking her in panick. "What happened here," he asked Sooyoung as he took his wife's unconscious body on the floor. "She was making her rounds, but I noticed that her steps were wobly, so I looked after her. Before she could reach the elevator, she fainted," she explained. "Thank you," he thanked her before standing up and getting on the elevator with Jessica's body in his arms. When he got a call from someone in that department, he quickly dropped everything and went to his wife.

 

"Where am I?"

"Thank God, you're awake." He stood up from his seat and kissed her forehead without letting go of her hand.

"Hun, what am I doing here?" She looked around and saw that she was in a hospital room, wearing a hospital gown, and lying down on a hospital bed.

"You fainted while you were making rounds. I got a call from their department and asked me to go down quickly. When I heard 'Mrs. Lee' on the other end of the line, I quickly got out of my office."

"I think it's because I'm hungry."

"I still don't know, hun. The doctors are currently doing some tests."

"Results aren't out yet?"

"No, not yet."

"Hae," she called him.

"Hm?" His two eyebrows were raised asking why.

She patted the spot on the bed next to her. She scooted a bit to her left to make space for him. He placed his arm under her head to make it her pillow while his other arm was wrapped around her. She let out a sigh when she closed her eyes.

"Is something bothering you?"

She looked up at him and asked him. "What if I really got food poisoned?"

"I don't think so. It's just probably over fatigue. You're gonna need a lot of rest if that's the case."

"Really?"

He nodded his head in reply. "I'll let you rest for two weeks."

A knock was suddenly heard on the door which made Donghae sit upright. "Sorry, did I disturb anything," the doctor asked. "No, doc. It's fine. I just woke up," Jessica answered and smiled. "I've got the results with me," she announced. "What's the result, doc," Donghae asked. "Well, we ran a few tests and with what you told us, your wife has been constantly throwing up and you said that she was somehow not in her usual self, like eating more than what she usually eats, she gets hungry all the time, she takes a longer time in the shower, and she's always feeling sleepy. You even mentioned her experiencing headache and she fainted in the office earlier," the doctor explained. "So is it over fatigue," Jessica asked. "No," the doctor shook her head before she continued. "It's not over fatigue at all," the doctor explained. "What is it, then," Donghae asked again, feeling nervous of what the doctor might say next.

"Your wife's pregnant." The doctor smiled after she delivered the news. "Oh my gosh, really," Jessica's face showed happiness when she asked. The doctor nodded with a smile still plastered on her face. "You're actually two months pregnant. And the constant vomiting is actually morning sickness, so it's not alarming," she told the woman who was sitting on the hospital bed. The cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter