Chapter 08

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

It’s Saturday, and 5 Pieces will perform at Music Core.

This morning too they are up early for the pre-recording, and they are all in the same outfit. Special sweaters have been made for their promotions, in five different colours for each member. The text at the front is ‘One and Only’ in a very cool style, and to the sweater with a different colour for each member they are all wearing worn out jeans shorts in a light colour.

“Due to baseball, this weekend’s Music Core won’t air,” a staff says when coming inside 5 Pieces dressing-room. “You will still do your pre-recording as this episode will air next week instead.”

The girls’ nod their heads to show that they understand what she says and when the staff leaves the girls turns back to do what they were doing.

“Last week is still the biggest topy on our fansite,” Carolina mentions. She is sitting and checking her favourite site like always, not noticing that she said something weird.

“What’s that?” Hannah asks out of the blue, not thinking at all.

“Topy,” Julia chuckles with an imitating of Carolina who looks clueless up at them. “It’s topic, not topy.”

“Ah … but it is the biggest topic, along with [One and Only],” Carolina doesn’t seem to care.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Early the next morning, Hannah heads to the gym to film a clip for the healthy program she will be recording on Tuesday. Park Hyun is there when Hannah arrives and when the filming crew arrives they talk about what they will film and how.

Hannah gets to show some special work-out tips that her trainer recommended for her and though she gets all sweaty they keep filming. Her trainer has before told her that she looks y when sweating, though Hannah doesn’t think the same. Hannah works out seriously during the filming, barely hearing Park Hyun talking behind her to the cameras, explaining briefly.

After that, Hannah leaves for Inkigayo.

She goes to the saloon where she meets up with her members and together they heads to Inkigayo. When the van arrives outside Inkigayo, there are quickly some fans around recognizing the van. The girls have been talking nonstop in the van, Hannah talked about how it went at the gym and Carolina gives a good description on how Maria had to walk in and out of their apartment when leaving in the morning because she kept forgetting something.

“5 PIECES!” some girls with really high voices screams when the girls heads out of the van.

Hannah gets out of the van last, and she is happy that at least one of her members waited for her. She lowers her head out of habit when heading with Julia inside the building.

Inside the building, they are met by Exclusive Star, from Europe MTV. Their episodes are all short, and today it is their third episode that will air next weekend as first and second episode is aired this weekend.

Hannah greets the camera with a smile.

“They are new,” Carolina says when they passes a dressing room, “they too.”

There are way too many new groups debuting that none of the girls have any idea of who they are. If it wasn’t for their outstanding outfits, the girls wouldn’t know they were artists. Those that sees 5 Pieces goes to greet them, and before the girls have reached their own room there are four different rookie groups that greets them.

The girls keep their faces though, not showing how difficult it is for them. When they reaches their room, Maria has to ask if one group greeted them twice, just because their outfits were a bit the same. But that was two different groups.

Hannah bows towards their door when Boyfriend comes over to greet them. After that Boyfriend has left, the cameras for MTV enters the room, though they aren’t filming. A girl-group then shows up by the door, and Hannah suddenly feels very lost. Who are they?

“Hello, we are C-Real,” the girls does their greeting.

Hannah can see that Emelia and Julia are just as confused as her. C-Real?

The group hands over their CD and when they have left, Hannah and Julia looks strangely at each other. “Who were they?”

Hannah just shrugs her shoulder and looks at the CD. She has never seen them before, and she doesn’t think she has seen the name before either.

“Hello,” a male voice says by the door and Hannah just feels like sighing, but when she turns around she smiles when seeing who is looking in their room. FT Island’s Minhwan is smiling like a kid when the girls greet him and he comes inside.

“I’m so happy to see a face I recognize!” Maria says just what Hannah thought.

“You are not alone,” Minhwan laughs and comfortably sits down on a chair next to Emelia, looking at Maria, “we have kept meeting rookies since we made our comeback. It’s like we don’t know anyone, and we were just gone for a few months.”

They all seem to have the same problem, but they agree on that groups are debuting every week this year, so no wonder they are all confused.

Minhwan leaves after talking with them for a while and a little later the girls sits down for an interview for MTV. In the middle of their interview, someone knocks on the door and SNSD’s Tiffany looks inside. She quickly apologizes and leaves. So when the interview ends, Carolina rushes out to greet SNSD.

Hannah stays to get help with her bracelet, just to make sure it won’t fall off later.

5 Pieces does two more interviews before Inkigayo starts, and the girls just have to watch some of the performances, since they had no idea who any of the rookies are.

Then, it is 5 Pieces turn. Since their performance is pre-recorded, the girls will just perform for the live audience, which means they do fan-service. They head up on the stage and when the pre-recorded version starts, the girls also start their performance.

[Emelia] *Baby, baby my boy*

[Carolina] *Will you miss me?

These words, I fell for you*

Maria then does in her high-pitched, beautiful voice;

[Maria] *You are my dream, I am living for you*

The chorus starts and Hannah happily dances with her members.

[Chorus 1] *Tell me how much you like, like, like, like me

Tell me when you fell, fell, fell for me

I will be your one and only (oh, oh) One and Only

The only girl for you

(It’s me)*

[Chorus 2] *Tell me, I like, like you so much

Tell me, I fell, fell for you too

I will be your one and only (oh, oh) One and Only

The only girl for you

It’s me*

Hannah keeps smiling when they dances in the chorus.

When she first read these lyrics, she thought it would be a weird song since it is in English, but with the music the song is really good.

The end of the program comes and once again there are a lot of unknown faces around them. That is why 5 Pieces stays close to SNSD. Like expected, it is SNSD who wins and from the side, Hannah and Carolina are happily clapping their hands and jumping of happiness that Hyoyeon even laughs at them while Tiffany is doing the speech.

Carolina walks up behind SNSD when their speech is done and Hannah follows to congratulate them. Hannah walks to the closest member, Yoona, and hugs her from behind. Short Hannah smiles at the widely smiling Yoona who turns around to tap Hannah on the before Hannah has to congratulate the other members too while hurrying off the stage with all the other artists.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“Because everyone knows that I love to have guests here, I specially asked for today’s guests to come together. Many of you already know who they are, right?” Carolina is doing a good job as a DJ at her radio.

Hannah is giggling from her seat, doing her best to not make a sound while whoever looks at her can clearly see she is quietly laughing.

“Today’s guests are … 5 Pieces!” Carolina cheers and Hannah says “hello, we are 5 Pieces” together with Emelia. “And, Girls’ Generation!”

“Hello, we are Girls’ Generation!” Yoona, Sunny, Jessica and Hyoyeon are there.

The reason Hannah had been laughing was because Yoona had said something fun just before the commercials ended and Carolina started to talk on the radio. Even when introducing themselves she can’t help but to giggle because Yoona keeps looking weirdly at her.

“I’m sorry, but Hannah keeps laughing at me,” Yoona sounds like hasn’t done anything when she mentions it for the others and the radio. Hannah looks surprised and is received an evil glance by Yoona. She is just fooling around.

“Unnie started,” Hannah defends her self.

The radio goes on. They are all having a lot of fun, laughing and joking around at the different topics and questions and segments they do. There is one segment where listeners gets to ask questions through the computer, and Carolina reads up the questions to the guests who gets to answer. There are a lot of fun questions for both 5 Pieces and Girls’ Generation, so everyone gets to answer.

“Ah… this one,” Carolina says after seeing the question, “this question is for Hannah; ‘are you really dating FT Island’s Lee Honggi? Please answer honestly…’ Hannah?”

Hannah has gotten help from her members to avoid that question, but since they aren’t dating she has no reason to lie. But she still smiles and wants to throw a paper at Hyoyeon and Yoona who starts to laugh on the other side of the table.

“I am not dating Honggi,” Hannah answers and she says every word clearly for no misunderstandings.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 29th: Exclusive Star MTV In Europe Airs First Part Of 5 Pieces

 

Headline 30th: Release of [One and Only] International MV

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces Performs [One and Only] On Inkigayo

Headline 30th: Exclusive Star MTV In Europe Airs Second Part Of 5 Pieces

Headline 30th: Girls’ Generation & 5 Pieces Reveals They Love To Make Fun Of Each other

 

Headline 31st: 1st International Single [One and Only] Released

Headline 31st: Part 2 Of Girl Group Special On Best of 5! Aired