Chapter 53

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

After [One and Only], they shows the cool video {Fierce Ladies} that Emelia, Hannah and Maria are in. Backstage, the girls are preparing for the next performance and they are busy taking their positions when the video ends. The fierce video ends and 5 Pieces are suddenly standing on the middle stage and the fierce performance of their song [Once Upon A Time] starts. The audience almost roars by the performance as it was the song that brought 5 Pieces a first place on the weekly chart.

Even after spending around three hours on the stage, the girls are showing a lot of power in the performance without looking tired. They are still excited as they have more things to show and since the audience keeps cheering on endlessly, the girls are performing endlessly.

The next song is a dance cover of the Swedish singer Darin’s song [Want Ya] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWe27x_HQKw). The girls starts it on the main stage with their back-up dancers and in the beginning they are coolly walking towards each other, divided in two teams and meets up in the middle. They act tough, slightly pushing each other before Carolina starts to dance. She is followed by Hannah, the two of them dancing really coolly with synchronized moves. Hannah and Carolina surely does it well, especially with the pistol shot when they fly back a little. In the chorus, Emelia comes up from the middle and dances with the back-up dancers, showing her own charismatic moves.

After the chorus, the girls rush out on the three long arm-stages and start to dance there with the audience getting wild. The dancers are with them, but 5 Pieces stands out on clothes and looks. When in the song they sing *grab your hips, your lips*, Hannah and Maria both turns with their backs against each other and the audience goes wild when seeing the girls holding their hands on the other one’s hip when turning their bodies as one to pass each other. But it isn’t over there. The girls takes a step away from each other, hands leaving their lips and they turns around to look at each other, the song sings *kiss you* and the two of them lets their faces pass each other in the dance when passing each other again and the audience cries at how close it is that their lips brushes. Hannah smiles when hearing the response and she keeps dancing with the back-up dancers. For the chorus this time, everyone who has spread out on the stages is dancing in synch.

The girls are moving to the end of the arm-stages, two members on the right and three on the left. With a remix in the song and when it suddenly says *now everybody dance*, those standing on the left arm starts to dance their part and then when they stop it is the right arm dancing. It is really cool.

After that part, Hannah goes backstage while the other members finish the dance and she is running back and forth after changing to take her position. She is wearing the revealing outfit for her solo and even if Hannah pulls down the tank top, her stylist pulls it up just an inch to reveal what Hannah has been working on. She is nervous to perform since it isn’t her own song and she wonders how the reaction will be like.

She barely gets to fix the microphone by her ear before the video has ended and it is her turn to go on stage. She quickly stands on the lift at the higher main stage at the back and when the beginning of Beyonce’s [Crazy In Love] starts to play the female dancers down on the main stage starts to dance.

Hannah comes up at the back with her hand on her hip. She takes a step forward and puts her hand on the male dancer who is standing on the first stair step when she starts to sing the song and the audience is really cheering. With the cheering audience, the dancers, the clothes and the song, Hannah becomes really charming with her body moving and singing and she comes down to the end of the stairs when the chorus starts. She walks down the last three steps and starts to head out towards the middle stage with her female dancers, singing most of the song but some of it has been studio recorded.

They have just come out on the main stage when the chorus ends and Hannah follows her dancers to turn their backs towards the audience. Just like Beyonce does, the next part the girls are moving their butts. It’s a crazy roar when the audience sees Hannah move her so her pants are shaking and her top that has gone up a little more by now is revealing her perfect S-line.

Hannah performs her song, showing her vocal sings when singing out and also her beautiful body when doing the wave to the left side and to the right side and back and her blonde hair is flying around in the choreography. Her tank top has gone up a little, revealing around 8-9cm of her stomach. For the dance break instead of the rap in the song, they show more powerful moves than the y ones that are for the rest of the performance.

But it ends with a wild roar, so Hannah is happily coming backstage. Her legs are getting weak from all the dancing and she almost falls on the floor when coming backstage. A staff helps her to stand up and Hannah manages to catch some strength while Maria is doing the last solo performance with her Miley Cyrus song [7 Things]. The other members are already by the stage to watch Maria’s performance and look at the audience.

“It’s really big,” they are still fascinated by the filled up arena even when the concert is coming to an end. Hannah comes to join them just in time and when Maria’s solo ends they do just like they have rehearsed. Carolina comes up through the lift on the main stage, singing *oh~*.

Hannah starts to sing and dance with the two male dancers, just the three of them.

[Hannah] *A WHISPER in my ear

A ghost said it to me

I’m a good to not realise it,

Were we never fated to be together?*

They perform the synch pop song [Can’t Make You Love Me] with a charismatic dance. In the chorus they look really cool with the dance, singing the second chorus;

*I’m getting crazy

So crazy that I loved you

It’s making me crazy

I thought you loved me

Crazy to believe I could make you love me*

Emelia steps to the middle of their formation, rapping like the charismatic ghost-look-alike she is.

*Forcefully I take your hand. Runs with you, away from everyone

Please let me dream, (I DREAM OF YOU), please be with me (I DREAM OF YOU)

I’M A GOOD GIRL; I’ll be who you want

I’m such a fool for loving you! Knowing that you’ll never do the same*

The group keeps dancing to the song on the main stage. Hannah takes the front for the last chorus, singing the first part of the chorus on her own.

*I’m getting crazy,

At all things I thought we had*

[Maria] *It’s making me crazy,

To think there was something between us

I’m already crazy,

Crazy to believe I could make you love me*

The second chorus, the last part of the song, is sung with all members and they dances for some more seconds before the song comes to an end. Hannah takes a deep breathe.

“Did you have fun with us today?” Maria asks loudly in the microphone. Hannah walks over to the other side of the members to stand in their normal order on the stage next to each other. She is smiling as she hears the roar from the audience around them. Julia reaches out for Hannah’s hand when she comes over to stand next to her and they all stands next to each other. Emelia takes some steps forward and sits down on her heels to drink some water while Maria keeps talking.

 

“We hope you have enjoyed 5 Pieces’ first solo concert as much as we have. You singing along and cheering on us… it has been a blast!” Maria screams the last part and the members all cheers with the loud audience. Hannah raises her hand with Julia to give a jump of happiness. They still have a lot of energy even if they are sweaty.

 

“Today went by so fast, don’t you think?” Carolina asks everyone and Hannah nods in agreement and wipes away some sweat from her forehead. “It’s too bad it’s coming to an end…”

 

Everyone says no in the audience and the girls totally agree. They all talk a little before starting to come to the end. Hannah can’t stop smiling when looking at her members and the audience that have endured three hours with them.

“We want to thank you all for coming here today, and lucky the weather hasn’t been too cold,” Maria says and looks at her members who nod. “And again we hope you had a great time with us.”

“Did you have a great time?” Emelia suddenly asks and the audience screams. Emelia gives a doubting nod. “Ah, you didn’t?”

The girls laugh when the audience screams even louder by Emelia’s words and Emelia playfully says she knew they had a great time, making the audience scream over how adorable the members are,, Hannah and Julia just laughs while Maria says ‘of course you had fun’. Maria gives a chuckle. “Because this concert is coming to an end so fast.”

The audience cries over that it is the end of the concert and how Maria says it, and the other members says it is a pity it is coming to an end already.

“But we still have a few songs left to sing,” Hannah mentions and looks at her members before she smiles happily to the audience that cheers to hear it isn’t over just yet. Maria cheers too; none of them wants it to end.

“Yes, we have… Will you sing them with us?” Julia asks the audience that screams yes.

“Next song is … [Wanna Be],” Emelia introduces and the music starts right after that and the girls are loudly calling for the audience to sing along and have fun.

*Wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna*

The song starts and the girls head out from the main stage. Hannah quickly stops by the side of the main stage to drink some water before she with small, fast steps hurries out. She waves happily to the fans closest to her that is waving like crazy to her. Hannah quickly takes a step over the speakers to get closer to the fans and she leans over to either high-five or takes hands with them. Hannah sings along without the microphone when Maria sings her part and she walks along the stage. She feels really small on the stages. Because even the narrowest part of the stage are around two meters wide. After Emelia’s part, the chorus of the song comes.

“Sing with us!” Carolina shouts for the audience.

[CHORUS, All] *I am strong, I wanna be like me

If I am lacking in something,

If I am unsure in something,

I am me, the one I wanna be

I am me, the one I wanna be*

Everyone is really having a lot of fun doing the song. Hannah jumps with the audience with her hand in the air or pointing at a specific fan.

[Maria] *Confidently walk forward, step after step

Confidently throw your hair around*

Hannah does that, walking like a sergeant and she laughs when seeing how fun Maria walks from another stage and Hannah throw her hair around. Hannah laughs when Emelia comes walking in front of her. Hannah happily puts her arms out and when Emelia comes closer the rapper fastens up the last steps and embraces Hannah to lift her up and turn her around. Both of them are really happy and Hannah laughs when Emelia does that, both holding on to each other while twirling. When Hannah’s feet touch the stage again she hugs Emelia for just another minute before letting go of each other. They hold hands instead and sing happily in the microphones for the chorus while turning to the audience to the left side and then turning to those on the side, swaying their hands cutely.

Hannah is on the middle stage when her part comes and she is happily singing it for everyone at the arena.

*Don’t forget your smile, once the camera ‘click’*

On the ‘click’ sound, all of the members suddenly strickes a pose, including Hannah, and the audience laughs while keep cheering.

*When you look yourself in the mirror, is this me?*

[Julia] *I am pretty, I am cool, I am who I wanna be*

Hannah goes to one side of the round middle stage to happy be active with the fans there, she then makes a sudden jump and goes to the other side where happily is doing random movements while singing the chorus with the others. Julia comes over to Hannah on the middle stage when she is going to sing.

[Julia] *Throw the image of changing away

Grab the image of you are perfect* she sings it to the audience with a cheerful voice. Carolina sings after her and Hannah turns to Julia so the two of them can crazily run on the spot, their legs moving like crazy until Julia ends up laughing and embraces Hannah and they stands next to each other while doing the next part.

[Emelia] *You are loved, [Julia] you are honest, [Hannah] you are who you wanna be*

5 Pieces finishes the songs perfectly, filled with happiness like it can’t get better and the audience keeps screaming and singing along around them. [Hey! Hey! Hey!] start to play.

[Hannah] *When life is hard, when you don’t have the strength*

They are singing the song from their second album that the group spent promoting with only four members. Hannah is happily singing it, dancing a little for the fans. The girls are jumping when singing the chorus *HEY! HEY! HEY!* When the extra chorus comes, when the *hey, hey, hey do I say* is repeated, Hannah is doing some cute waving with her hands and for some fans far away that she sees are screaming filming, she gives a happy wink before singing. She laughs when Maria sings her part *hey, are you looking at me? Do you like what you see?* and Maria first points at the audience but then at Carolina coming towards her and the last part she sings with a smirk and puts her fingers by Carolina’s jaw for fan service. Carolina laughs and sings her part that comes next.

[Carolina] *Life keeps going up and down

It is part of the world, when you have a hard time*

[Hannah] *Look at the sky*

[Carolina] *Smile with me, sing with me*

The girls are still running around, fooling around with both each other and the fans that also are still cheering wildly.

[Julia] *The rain maybe is pouring tomorrow, but it doesn’t make me pout*

[All] *Smile with me, sing with me

Now do it all again, we go, so fun-fun

[Maria] Let’s give it a go!*

Maria shout her part and she ads a shout at the end. It’s hard to believe that they have been performing for three hours already. They sing the chorus again, just as happily as before. Hannah looks out over the audience with her hand by her forehead before her part and she act with her face when singing it.

*When it is hard, when you don’t have the strength*

[Rap, Emelia] * jjajan (ta-da), I will show you some magic

To keep your smile up is never easy

COME JOIN ME, we can do this together

Are you ready?

Smile! HE-HEY! ba - kung – kung (ba-bam-bam)!

No matter what happens,

You can keep falling

The thing is to stand back up

Can you do it? Come join me!*

During Emelia’s rap, Hannah is trying to rap along (without using the microphone so she won’t be heard) and she moves her head with the rhythm. The song later comes to an end with them singing *HEY, HEY, HEY DO I SAY, HEY, HEY, HEY! [Maria] Yeah*

The ballad song [On Your Side] from their second album starts to play and the girls are walking around more calmly while performing it. Hannah stops when singing her part, looking out at the wide view of their fans and she sings with her heart in the song. She waves with a tired smile when she has sung her part, looking very happy out at the purple ocean. The song is very beautiful with a soft melody. It is about having faith in the one you love and in the hard times, I will still be on your side. Hannah wipes away tears when singing the song. She slightly touches Maria’s hand when walking by her, they sings the chorus together.

A little more in to the song it is just the melody that is being played, an extended version of it and Maria takes that time to say some words in a low voice.

“Puzzle!” she says.

“Puzzle!” Hannah says also and waves for their fans. Emelia says ‘woa!’ in a low voice, everyone calming down with the song.

“Aren’t you tired?” Maria asks and brings her microphone out to the audience that answers loudly. “Is it fun?” She does the same and gets a loud answer again. “I want to once again thank everyone for coming here today, and sharing this time with us. Thank you all.”

“Thank you,” all members say together from their different places on the stages and they bows deeply down to their knees. They repeats to say thank you many times and Hannah waves even more at the audience with both hands when she isn’t bowing.

“We will see each other really soon again!” Carolina says.

Maria calls for all the members to come gather and the girls’ hurries over to the main stage where Maria has walked to. Hannah keeps waving at the audience when heading over to her members. They finish singing the song during that time and when all five members are on the stage, Carolina finishes the song. Hannah is smiling and she hugs Julia’s arm while waving to the audience far away in the arena.

Everyone takes their hands and Maria counts down 3, 2, 1 before they all bows deeply and thanks again. They bow a second time, thanking again before they all waves and says goodbye, heading off the stage. The group has barely managed to get off the stage when they can hear the audience start to chant “ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!”

But backstage, the girls are running to change clothes within a minute. They all gets dressed in their t-shirts that they earlier in the week had looked at in the practice room and a pair of jeans shorts that is filled with dots and doodles with 5 Pieces group name and members’ names on it. There are a lot of names on it, and on Hannah’s shorts she also has the key ring that Kyung Ho hade made for her this summer. Around all the members necks they have put on the necklaces they last year got from their fans; the necklaces are cute animals that are supposed to be 5 Pieces – Hannah’s animal is a bunny (which is why she puts on bunny ears on her head).

The audience is still chanting “ENCORE! ENCORE!” out at the arena and the girls are preparing to make their appearance. The pop-rock song [Can’t Stop] from their first album starts to play and the audience cheers when hearing the music.

Coming up on the lifts on the two arm-stages are Hannah and Carolina, and they starts to sing while the other three members comes out from the main stage, sitting on these children tricycles out of plastic. The audience both cheers and laughs over the childish behaviour of those three members who more than happy comes out on the stage on the tricycles. All members have each a children basket, and just as the tricycles they are colourful and filled with small hand sized piece of a puzzle that has a member’s autograph.

Hannah is walking with a towel on her shoulder, singing with the basket hanging around that arm so she can with the other hand throw out the puzzles for the audience. When she isn’t singing she tries to throw as far away as possible so everyone in the audience can get a chance whether you are close or far away. Those on the tricycles are also throwing puzzle pieces for the audience, and they also stops to sing their parts too. Hannah even converses with a fan that looks like she really wants something (well, all of them looks like they want something). Hannah stakes her towel, looking at the fan with a questioning look as if ‘do you want this?’ and the fans around there are going nuts by the chance of getting the towel. Hannah was told by Yunho earlier in the day that fans loves those kinds of things, otherwise she would never do it. She smiles and lightly hits the towel on her neck, both the right side and the left side, before waving the towel towards the audience while mouthing ‘do you want it?’ Because of their loud response she throws out the towel and she laughs when walking forward. She almost forgets to sing her part.

She then gets a new towel to put on her shoulder before she meets playfully jokes around with Julia when Julia comes up to her with the tricycle. Hannah shows off Carolina’s drawing of her on her shirt for the audience, happily doing the thumb up about it.

The next encore song is for a commercial they did almost two years ago named [No, No]. It is also pretty cheery and the girls get even closer to their fans with it. Hannah sits down by the side of the stage and reaches out her microphone for the fans trying to reach her and she sings herself while letting fans sings in the microphone. Hannah brings the microphone to to make a cute sound for the song and she laughs happily over the reaction from the fans in front of her. She takes some hands before getting up and she keeps waving at everyone.

In front of her comes Maria, who now has left her tricycle. They stops and points at each other before happily laughing and they start to sing the chorus of the song when walking towards each other. Hannah throws some puzzles for the audience and when Maria walks by her she pats her on the so Hannah looks over her shoulder at her and they both smiles widely at each other. Out of nowhere, Emelia comes running towards them, but since Hannah is busy singing and throwing puzzle pieces to the fans, she doesn’t really think much about it until it’s too late. A stream of water suddenly runs down from her neck and soaks her back. Hannah screams over the cold water and she is fast to turn around, looking shocked at Emelia who playfully runs away with the almost empty bottle of water.

Hannah puts down her children basket and picks up a bottle of water from the side before she runs after the playful rapper.