Chapter 33

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

“What about this one?” Julia asks and points at a small Christmas tree, half the size of her. Emelia takes a few steps closer to look at it.

“Isn’t it too boring?” Emelia asks in a low voice, glancing around.

“We could buy things and make it not so boring ourselves,” Julia suggests. Hannah is grimacing on her own behind them; she lost her interest in buying a simple and small Christmas tree after ten minutes, and that was fifteen minutes ago. The group decided to buy a fake tree, which they maybe could have on the table or something at the apartment to get a better Christmas feeling, but Julia and Emelia can’t decide.

Hannah never has a big word in the group. When being asked she just says she doesn’t know, so she lets the other two members who are there to decide what kind of tree they will buy. And today she is in deep thoughts. She has talked to a nurse at the hospital about Kyung Ho who went through a surgery, and she has been told they can’t know the results until next week when they will do a continuing surgery (if the one they have done goes bad, they will have to wait a few weeks before doing the continuing surgery). So far, Hannah hasn’t spoken to Kyung Ho since before she went to Europe.

Hannah picks up her cell phone and slowly follows the members a little further away. Seunghyun from FT Island has sent her two texts in this one minute and she smiles when seeing his playful writing. First text he asks what she is doing and if her group have decided if they wants to come along on a Christmas party next Sunday. The second text he asks if she can understand what he is writing – like always, Seunghyun makes fun of their poor Korean skills. Hannah grimaces again when answering the text by writing she doesn’t know about their schedule yet; but it is a higher chance they can go if he doesn’t comment on her Korean.

She smiles when getting an answer a few seconds later, where Seunghyun writes that he is laughing since she wrote a mistake in her text – in other words; her Korean is proved to be poor.

Emelia and Julia are quickly done choosing Christmas tree and some other decorations after that their manager gives a call and tells them they have to hurry up. After shopping, the girls head to the agency where they meet up with Maria and Carolina.

“You will probably love it,” Julia tells the two members who haven’t seen the Christmas decoration they have bought.

“And if you don’t, you still have to bear with it,” Emelia says and grimaces at Carolina who playfully hits her arm over the comment.

They change clothes and fixing their appearance before the girls sit down on chairs next to each other in a prepared room where cameras and an interviewer are waiting. 5 Pieces greets them politely before sitting down and on cue the cameras starts to roll.

“Hello everyone, we are pieces of one-” Carolina in the middle says before the whole group says; “5 Pieces!” Only Carolina and Hannah are the two who bows slightly in their seats after saying their names.

Hannah is sitting with her hands together in her knee while the other members are answering the questions. She rarely is the one answering questions, it is often Carolina or Maria who does. This interview is about their visit to Europe last week.

“We got to meet fans from all over Europe. All kind of people came to see us and though we were nervous at first, we got courage to do well after seeing how happy our fans were,” Carolina is answering. Hannah is nodding in agreement and meets Julia’s eyes just for a second.

“It was so much fun,” Maria adds.

“And we were able to visit so many different places in such a short time,” Emelia adds too. “In the future we hope we get to spend more time with fans from around the world.”

Hannah keeps listening to them talking and answering the questions. She nods once in a while and smiles when she feels for it. When they bring up the visit to Sweden, it’s easy to know there are many questions about it since it is their home country.

“For some reason I think all of us were very awkward, but at the same time comfortable,” Maria is explaining. “We were awkward to be in Sweden and use Swedish to communicate with our fans, but comfortable because we do speak the same language and it was easier to understand each other. In Korea, it is also awkward yet comfortable. Awkward; because we don’t speak Korean fluently – comfortable; because our fans are very understanding”

“But your Korean has improved very much,” the interviewer mentions and the girls all smiles.

“That’s because we uses words we know,” Emelia simply answers and they laugh.

Carolina is shaking her head and hand. “I have improved so much that when I talk on the phone to a Korean, she will think I am born here.”

“Don’t lie!” the other girls are fast to object.

“We have all improved, but we are far from fluent,” Julia says and Hannah is strongly agreeing with her while Maria leans forward to hit Carolina on the leg. Hannah leans forward to see what they are doing.

“Our fans are still very understanding,” Maria says the moment after she has hit Carolina. Carolina hits her back and Maria waves her hand in the air as if she tries to hit back again, but misses and still she won’t look away from the camera/interviewer. “At fan signings here in Korea, our fans are very understanding when we spell their names wrong or just don’t get what they mean.”

Emelia is pointing at Maria and says she (Maria) always makes mistakes during fan signings.

“I do not! You make them too!”

Hannah suddenly gives a big smile at the camera, kind of awkward since the group has started another argue just like that. Carolina mumbles something that they are very thankful to their fans around the world, but it is pretty hard to catch that since she is mumbling in a very low voice. Julia stands up to break Maria and Emelia apart from their argue and quietly sits back down again.

“Next question, please,” she smiles innocently. Hannah is close to laughing by now, her smile growing into something else since she is trying to hide her laughter. But it’s fun. The group always entertain the audience with their behaviour and fans loves to look at the details of their behaviours – this kind of interview is a perfect example of that since fans will take notice of how Carolina mumbles for herself, how Hannah hides her laughter, Maria looks to be muttering angry in the other corner… It’s so much fun for everyone.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“RIGHT!”

“Left, you !”

“Watch your language, please.”

“Shut up! I SAID LEFT!”

It is a normal evening for 5 Pieces. The group has returned to their apartment after the day’s simple schedule and they are at the moment deciding where and how to have their Christmas decorations, since they didn’t have time for it the day before when they bought it. Carolina and Maria are in a wild discussion – shouting argue – about where to have the star on the wall that they last week got by a fan in Sweden to have for Christmas. Maria is the one using bad language, while Hannah sitting on the floor is kindly asking her to not use bad language.

Hannah and Emelia are both sitting on the floor and quietly having a conversation about the decoration they are fixing. Julia and stylist Yong Hyun is in the kitchen by the table, removing the gifts from fans that they have been going through to clear the table from things.

“I want to bake,” Hannah says, finally getting the Christmas feeling. Well, it is more than a week left until Christmas but so far the girls haven’t even thought that it is winter.

“Gingerbread,” Julia says from the kitchen next too.

“I want saffron bun…” Maria dreams away. “We didn’t have any on Lucia yesterday…”

Emelia dreams away too by the thought of all the yummy things they always eat around Christmas. Hannah smiles by how they all dream away about things they always eat around Christmas in Sweden. They haven’t done the same in Korea, but the girls are fast to decide that this year, they will bake and get the real Swedish Christmas feeling they always used to have.

Hannah stands up to put the things she has been doing on the side, away from where Ace can’t ruin them. Ace has been sleeping in the sofa; Maria came over to cuddle with him a few times before she started to shout at Carolina that she is doing wrong.

The doorbell rings and Maria almost trips over Emelia when running through the room and over to the hall. Ace runs up because Maria runs and Carolina hurries over too. Hannah asks Emelia if she wants help to put away her things too while the door in the hall is opened and voices are heard along with Maria and Carolina’s loud voices.

Hannah can imagine how Maria hugs exactly everyone who comes inside the apartment while Carolina is heard asking if they bought something extra to drink.

“Nuna!” SHINee’s Taemin happily says when he looks inside the living-room and sees Hannah and Emelia in there. He is holding on to Ace in his arms and Hannah smiles happily when seeing him. Emelia looks up and greets him too before waving her hand for Hannah to help her up on her feet.

“It smells chicken,” Hannah says after helping Emelia up and she walks next to Taemin towards the kitchen where the others are heading to. She smiles when seeing the other members in SHINee and she feels her smile being bigger and a little shyer when Jonghyun smiles at her. He walks up to her and puts his hand on her back when leaning closer to give her a simple kiss.

“Nose like a dog,” Jonghyun whispers to her, meaning her comment about chicken. Hannah smiles and they walk inside the kitchen where all the food is being placed on the table.

The boys had come over for dinner, and on the way they stopped by buy food at the same time. Everyone gathers around the kitchen table and sits down too to start eating. It is a lot of chatting when they place out the food on the table, hands out plates and cutlery and glasses at the same time as others are deciding where to sit.

Not long after that, everyone is happily sitting down, eating and chatting with laughter while reaching over the table to take more food. After seeing each other the day before they decided to meet up today since both groups were free. Before 5 Pieces moved, they used to do this pretty often, but they haven’t done it in a while just because they moved.

Even after finish eating they are sitting by the table, chatting happily. When Carolina gets up to prepare to leave for her radio, Hannah stands up to put away the dishes. Minho also gets up to help out while the others are too busy chatting. Jonghyun gets up after a little while to help out at the end. He keeps smiling whenever he meets Hannah’s eyes.

Carolina leaves for her radio, while everyone else gathers in the living-room to watch a movie. It takes time though, since they are many and very talkative.

They starts to watch a movie that Hannah already has seen, so she is more interested in playing games on her cell phone. Jonghyun is sitting next to her, with his arm around her shoulders and glancing at her cell phone he smiles. Hannah smiles when looking up at him and both of them giggles in their corner that makes Emelia give them a glare.

In the middle of the movie – Hannah has stopped playing games – her cell phone starts to ring and she hurries in her room to answer and to not interrupt for the others. She saw on the display that it was Honggi answering so she is happily answering once the door to her room is closed behind her.

“My dear friend Hannah,” Honggi seems happy to when she answers. “What are you up to tonight?

“Watching movie with some friends,” Hannah answers and sits down on her bed. “Why are you asking?”

Oooh, too bad. I wanted to meet up, of course, what else? But if you are busy we can meet up another time,” Honggi says.

“I’m free in the morning,” Hannah mentions and she can hear Honggi laugh.

“Good! Me too, so we can do something then?”

They decides what time Honggi can come pick her up and when they do that, the door to Hannah’s room is opened and when she looks up it is Jonghyun who looks inside. He comes inside when seeing her and when he comes closer she puts a finger up for him to be quiet while she finishes the call. Jonghyun just comes closer and takes her hand in his, putting it by his chest.

“I’ll see you later then,” Hannah finishes the call.

“Honggi?” Jonghyun simply asks. Hannah nods, feeling how he is caressing her hand. She smiles at him, saying he will miss the movie. Jonghyun smiles and leans closer down to her, saying that he has seen it before. He asks if she wants to see the movie, just being inches away from her face. Hannah shakes her head and then smiles before kissing him.

 Jonghyun keeps smiling and kisses her again, deepening it while leaning forward so she lies down on her back in the bed. After making out for a while, Jonghyun just lies there next to Hannah, almost on top of her while smiling at her face.

“The others might think we are doing something they won’t like if we are in here for too long,” Jonghyun whispers to her. Hannah just smiles at him before she says they should head back. Jonghyun gives her another kiss, his lips touching hers lightly and he smiles when Hannah does and they get up to go out to the others.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces Returns To Korea

Headline 12th: Hannah Shows Her Good Japanese In Making PV

Headline 12th: The Awkward 5 Pieces In Japanese Making PV Charms The Fans

Headline 12th: SHINee & 5 Pieces Makes Viewers Laugh Nonstop In Latest Episode OF 'Best of 5!'

Headline 12th: Hilarious Attacks Between 5 Pieces & SHINee + More Fun Games In Final Episode

Headline 12th: "Yes"-Game Causes Noise On 'Best of 5', Viewers Can't Get Enough

Headline 12th: Fans Happy To See SHINee & 5 Pieces Having Fun On Program, Antis Again Attacks 5 Pieces

 

Headline 13th: 5 Pieces’ Fourth Concert Teaser – Japan, China & Philippines in March!

Headline 13th: Emelia Reveals Funny Episode About Carolina Screaming During Introductions In Strong Heart

Headline 13th: SM Town Winter Album 2011, 5 Pieces’ Sings “All I Want For Christmas”